Super Duper SoCal BWB

Guest Pah Muadd'H

I asked him that question at Lodey's house on Friday night in San Mateo, but I forgot to mention it in my post in the Bay Area Signings thread. I asked "Will we get information in A Dance for Dragons to resolve any of the cliffhangers from A Feast for Crows, or will we have to wait for book 6 to find out what happens?" And his reply was that first he wants to bring all the POV characters not in A Feast for Crows up to roughly the same time period that A Feast for Crows ends. Then, depending on how many pages that ends up being, if he has room he will start mixing in points of view from the characters in the south. So probably we will get some information on the cliffhangers in A Feast for Crows, unless the North and East storylines end up taking more pages than he expects them to.

This was in the kitchen when we were both topping up our wine glasses. I don't think anybody else was in the kitchen right then.

One thing to consider is that for each book, he likes to end each point of view either on a cliffhanger, or on a full resolution (like a definite death), or on a major change of scene (someone leaving for a new destination or arriving at one.) So he may be a bit reluctant to continue from a particular cliffhanger if he doesn't have time to develop that character to the next good stopping point.

Oh, after his signing at GenCon, Meera, Snowleo, Snowleo's boyfriend and Meera's insanely hot daughter and I all went for dinner and drinks with George.

We didn't pressure him too much about book stuff, he was clearly exhausted (and blamed Lodengarl) but I did ask him about a couple of things. First, he clearly confirmed my "faceless monkey" theory - that Mark Mullendore's monkey isn't dead, but is actually a faceless monkey, and has just changed into another form.

Also, I asked him how long for the next one... "Less than a year, since most of it is written, right?" - and he laughed and said that it probably would be within the year. So that's good news!

:rofl: Yep, exactly what Aggie said. In fact, George seemed rather disgruntled that we've already figured out how the faceless monkey may have made his way to the wall (disguised as a monkey-sized human appendage) on a mission to kill Mormont.

I have a few more tidbits from GenCon and afterwards when Rob (aka snowleo's boyfriend) and I drove George back to his hotel (We could've kidnapped him!!!) but I'm tired right now...

snow "GRRM ordered iced tea, french onion soup and calamari" leo

:rofl:

To comment on the comment of George having beady black eyes...

I didn't really get to talk to the guy, but when I went up with Dub's Hedge Knight, he looked up at me while signing, and with a twinkle and a sly grin, goes, "And how are YOU doing?"

I laughed and said fine, thanks, how are you?

His response, "Ah, good, ya know..." (sounded beaten down and tired...but it was with a smile)

It was a cute little interaction...I've never met the guy, but I know from most of you how warm and wonderful he is, and even with that 20 second interaction, I got the same feeling...he's a good man. And a bit of a perv. What's not to love? :P

You don't understand - I have four roommates. They're all model/actors, and all their friends are in the same biz.

I'm not exaggerating. :)

Yes, but you leave out the part about them being more interested in someone like you or I than Ms. Moonblood :P

It was a pretty fun par-tay. I'd still be there but Lev had a curfew. Aggie-stop reading this thread and go back to your fiesta- it's just getting good now!

I think I left myself parked in the thread.

Well, I have to say - that's the gayest party I've ever been to, much less hosted.

I'm really glad some of my friends showed up, or I'd have felt distinctly out of place.

YAY I'M BACK!!!

And I missed the signing and party.

Also, I got disentary in Bangkok. : (

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... at least I haven't had to make a run to the bathroom in the past 4 hours (TMI?)

Oh well, everyone have a good turkey-day? Did you guys know they don't have turkies in Thailand?

I finished the book a few hours ago on the flight back... and I have to say I was extremely disappointed, but that's probably due to the 4 year wait and how much I liked the prior 3 books.

*peeks in*

I'm newish. I probably don't have time to come to any gatherings, and I'm shy, but in case I ever do feel like getting out and about--or actually come up with the $$$ to go to LACon, I might be around.

I live in Pasadena, but I'll be graduating soon and probably moving somewhere else in SoCal, depending on what life throws at me.

Yeeeaahh.

Hey Katran!! *I* live in Pasadena! (Near Allen and Villa)

Don't worry too much about the bucks to go to LACon- you don't have to actually attend the (expensive) convention to come to the parties and meet the BWB. The membership to the convention is worth it if you can because you get to attend panels, see other authors you might be interested in and shop.

Don't be shy! We're really nice people. And generally safe.

Archived