Super Duper SoCal BWB

Guest Pah Muadd'H

So here's the plan...

We meet up tomorrow (Sat night) at 7 at the Barnes and Noble in Huntington Beach where we met George, and head out to whatever restaurant Lev has picked out for us from there.

BH, aeu, I'll PM you with Mya's phone number.

I had to leave SoCal for months to go live in Modoc County. :P

This is like the polar opposite of LA though. I'm enjoying the lack of people...and smog. Maybe next time I live down there I can actually meet people.

You guys should drive a little north and come hang out with me in SF.

I was just up there last month. Partied with Lodey and Bronn. I will be heading back up July 13-15. Maybe we can plan something.

BH

So every Sunday night there are concerts at the Starlight Bowl in Burbank. It's a really nice evening. They have seating, but the thing to do is bring a picnic and a blanket and sit on the lawn in the back. And yes, you can bring adult beverages or even buy them there. The food concession is run by Gordonbiersch. (I told you it was nice!) Tickets are $8 and parking is $5.

http://www.starlightbowl.com/2006/index.htm

I think this would be a great place for a meet up.

what kind of concerts are these?

anyhow, i'll be at club highlands in hollywood this saturday nite for my cousin's birthday and everyone is welcomed to come and hang out.

the club info is here: http://www.thehighlandsla.com/night_club.html

Will there be a 20lb trout to eat? :P

Call us, bitch. I miss you already!

Will there be a 20lb trout to eat? :P

Duh..It's not trout season, Mya...

Iseult's idea seems nice to me, but I couldn't get the web-site to work. It would be nice to know who was playing.

aeu- The link really doesn't work for you? It works for me, and my computer is oooold. But anyway, the one to go to is July 23rd to see The Fab Four. They are the best Beatles cover band ever.

This weekend is (I think) The Surfaris, the next Sunday is Tito Puente Jr and his orchestra, then the Fab Four and the one after them is Captain Cardiac and the Coronaries. They are all fun shows.

I was out at the lake at Santa Fe Dam today and that was fun, too. There is a swimming area, paddle boats, barbecue areas. The only charge is for the vehicle entry fee, which is $8. Maybe a picnic and swimming?

We go up to the Starlight Bowl most sunday nights to hear the music, so let me know if anyone will be going. You will like it. I promise.

GDI, post died in posting.

Anyway... probably my 3rd "I'm Alive" posting... but I am so!

Haven't booked any LA con related activities, but I guess I should book a place to stay, otherwise sleeping in someone's bathtub will suck.

Besides that, big news here is that I quit my job and started a new one down in Irvine! The commute sucks, but I'll probably move to Newport Beach or Long Beach in 2 months. Besides that, my new job doesn't have websense ruining my life! So, I'll be spamming the boards a tad more these days! Wohoo! Also, since the drive sucks, if anyone is down in the OC and wants to get together for happy hour, I got plenty of time to kill before the drive home.

Anyway, lets plan something soon, before LA con. Anyone want to do anything next weekend? Doing the burbank music thingy would be cool with me...

-Cuellar

Repost:

Man, no response? Come on people!

Also, you guys want to get together the weekend before the con? Maybe do the yardhouse in long beach, or even hermosa or something cool... so anyone visiting that weekend can come out with us? Hell even Santa Monica would be cool....

-Cuellar

Archived