[TV/BOOK SPOILERS] - TWoP Unsullied Thread - Part 5.

Arkash

Yeah, this is the low point, I think. They are angry and cynical now, but when Balon dies, they will know that Joffrey's death is surely coming, because of the leeches, which should cheer them up. Also, they should be happy when Davos smuggles Gendry out, because they like Gendry and don't want to see him die.

There is also this whole "Mhysa" moment, but I don't think that they will appreciate it THAT much, because Dany is levelling up rather easily and it's such a stark contrast (punnie!) to the Westerosi arcs that it seems bizarre, especially now. Season 4 should be better in that respect.

I need some "professional" Unsullied reactions! Any links? Whenever I search on Google it brings me to reviews by book readers (i.e. Forbes) and frankly I don't care what they have to say.

WiC is a great place to catch all the reviews, and he breaks it up by Sullied and Unsullied.

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/06/recap-round-up-the-rains-of-castamere/

P.S. I love your screen name :).

It's fun in rather a sadistic way, I suppose, to see the Unsullied, HBO version of what many of us bookreaders experienced when we read the RW. Basically the TV version of throwing the book at the wall. I fully expect to see the usual crew back by next episode though.

I liked readong one criticism of the show's rather credulous approach to the RW vs the book, all due to poorly chosen departures from the book:

The person criticises the show for taking Talisa to the RW, had to happen because Talisa is pregnant. Vs. book Jeyne is kept away for appeasement and safety precautions and she's (obviously to me) not pregnant.

Stark entourage appearing to walk straight into the Twins without any serious concerns or precautions. Show totally failed to emphasise the near sacredness and protection of the bread and salt ritual by not having Cat mention that it's important for Robb to invoke guest rights via the bread and salt ritual. I hope E10 has the Lannisters (or at least Tyrion) talking in rather shocked tones that Frey would break such a fundamental social convention in order to do Tywin's bidding. At least retroactively put into conext the bread and salt ritual and stress how it would gave Cat, Robb etc all a perfectly reasonable sense of security. Bread and ASalt ritual done, we are sure to be safe at least while we remain guests under Frey's roof.

The fact there is no real talk of copncern and the need to be cautious and watchful in scenes leading up to the arrival at the Twins. No Robb's will scene for Robb and Cately to talk about not trusting Frey and the need to do nothing at all to raise his ire.

I think the Unsullied are right to criticise the show for, as that person describes it, the Starks walking like lemmings into the sea. Suicide by Starkpidity.

Don't see the problem with guest right, TBH. NeoGaf Unsullied seem to understand that breaking guest right was a dickish thing to do and believe that many will stop trusting it now. I'm sure that we will also hear how despicable it was to break it in episode 10. If Mance had more scenes, he could have mentioned guest right earlier, but the reality is that he barely appears on screen.

Some people are ridiculously overreacting (from episode thread at TWoP):

I really don't think so. The only reason I kept reading when I read it was b/c my husband read it first and basically told me that there was a little balance to the story if I kept going a few chapters, all of my friends who read it put the book down for months - one only started it back up after a hiatus of 8 years when she found out the show was coming out. Without the PW, I wouldn't be surprised if there are a number of fans who don't watch and only tune back in after word of the first few episodes have aired next year. The show is too much like crack for me to believe that they will walk away and not look back, but I wouldn't be surprised if many kept their distance for a bit.

I don't see it as an overreaction...the internet is made for amplifying whatever you're feeling at the moment. Cast of Kings is about to have a live broadcast....one of the co-hosts is an Unsullied, so I'm looking forward to his reaction.

I just realised, the Unsullied are going to cry if in the next episode the Hound says Arya's next port of call will be to visit Aunty Lyssa.

I thought it was actually a good thing in the end that it was clear Clegane only knocked out Arya. I don't think the audience could have taken it if there was a suggestion Arya might be dead as well.

Archived