[book spoilers] so we won't see BLANK until s4

Logodnica

I though Coldhands had already been cast, but it turns out the guy that was rumored to play him was actually one of the Night's Watch mutineers. So, I guess we won't get Coldhands. :unsure:

I hope I'm wrong, though. I really like Coldhands, and I hope he'll show up in the next two episodes. It could be just a guest star. They don't need him for much, just to show Sam the way through the Wall.

So we won't see Coldhands until next season. I'm strangely ok with that. I assume they'll develop him on the journey with Bran. Maybe have him meet Bran S4E5.

Why is everybody so obsessed about Coldhands?!

Does not even need to show up until Season 4.

In one of the trailers, we see Bran and his group facing a dark figure filling up the screen. I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that's Sam.

In her Thronecast interview Ellie Kendrick said that she and Hannah Murray (who were friends before they were on GOT) have a scene together this season. I'd say that Bran's last scene this season will be him reaching the Black Gate of the Nightfort and meeting Coldhands.

Since Coldhands is so vague and mysterious, they don't really need to cast an actor. They could just get a stuntman instead, maybe have someone else do his voice.

We might not, but seeing the ravens start to congregate made me think that atleast the chance for them to meet him is open. As others have said, there are other ways for Sam to figure out the door. Course, since we have also seen them walk through large doors cut into the base of the wall we might not even get that.

I'd like to see Coldhands, but the necessity of him being included isn't there.

We might not, but seeing the ravens start to congregate made me think that atleast the chance for them to meet him is open. As others have said, there are other ways for Sam to figure out the door. Course, since we have also seen them walk through large doors cut into the base of the wall we might not even get that.

I'd like to see Coldhands, but the necessity of him being included isn't there.

Its not just leading sam/bran throught the gate, its leading bran and co all the way to the 3EC. Like someone said earlier, they would have never survived without coldhands. and also they would not need to cast another actor, just make sure whoever 'plays' hims' identity is totally masked, so eliminating CH for cost purposes is not a valid argument IMO

Coldhands is neat, but... are we sure we're going to see him? I don't know, if you consider his actual role, it can easily be replaced by Jojen just knowing exactly where they need to go, and Samwell just happening to come across them.

I think they'll keep Coldhands if his actual identity matters. Like, if he's Benjen (I don't think he is, but just saying), I could see that.

Ach! You've killed my soul!

I'm just a sucker for a rescue. In addition to having Sam and Gilly rescued by Coldhands, I loved having Bran, et. al., 'figuratively rescued' by finally getting to the Wall and actually meeting Sam, since he's a NW who knew Jon. :frown5:

I sense Bloodraven sending them to warn Sam and Gilly. It would be VERY cool if they reveal that he was watching them and watching out for them

it could even be the pack of crows that plays the part of coldhands.

I can't see them cutting Coldhands, at all. There's absolutely no reason for it whatsoever. On top of that, Bran's story needs as much content as it can get. There's very little material for him, and they need to stretch what's left over at least the next two seasons, at the absolute minimum. I think assuming that Coldhands is out just because he hasn't shown up yet is very much jumping the gun, similar to how everyone thought the Reeds were going to be cut because they didn't show up in season two (people were utterly convinced that he Reeds were cut, and they were already raging at the showrunners for it). Just give it time.

Bran is going to have a lot of added material, as we are likely not going to get to the end of aDWD until season Six. So, I imagine we are going to get a lot of backstory and history through Jojen helping Bran understand his green dreams. That's my theory at least. I don't see any other way of them introducing that stuff, which they have acknowledged is important to the story, they just have to present it at the right time so viewers don't get lost along the way.

Season 6? I really think they'll cover FFCs and DwDs in two seasons, hopefully half of next season and then season 5 covers most of DwD and FFCs. Also some storylines progress faster than others.

For instance Bran reaches the Wall this season, which covers all his chapters from Storm of Swords, even though that book is covered this season and next.

They need to show progress, which is why Bran reaches the Wall this season and it's probably why he'll reach the 3EC the end of next season.

So we won't see Coldhands until next season. I'm strangely ok with that. I assume they'll develop him on the journey with Bran. Maybe have him meet Bran S4E5.

Well, we didn't get to see Coldhands, but at least we got to see his crows.

I reckon this would mean Sam is going to encounter Bran eventually (probably season finale, if not next season).

Coldhands...Coldhands... Coldhands....What about the the Elk?

Hodor's actor said that Bran will be getting a new method of transportation later on in the season but he couldn't say what it was.

I doubt it's a horse because I don't see "Oh he rides a horse later on" being something that would get him in trouble.

Why did Sam leave the dagger behind?

Also, no Coldhands is lame. If only cos I want to see the Elk.

Well you have this from the the scene in the book

“Finally only the dragonglass dagger remained, wreathed in steam as if it were alive and sweating. Grenn bent to scoop it up and flung it down again at once. “Mother, that’s cold.”

Haven't posted in years, been mostly just reading posts.

I believe people are jumping the gun with this Coldhands thing. Like many have said, there is NO REASON for sam and gilly to meet him as of episode 8. I am one of believe he will be in the show, this season or the next. I believe this was the beginning of his introduction. When we do actually see him, non-book readers will be able to put two and two together (hopefully) and realise that he was at least partially watching over sam and gilly.

Two reasons for this:

1- The huge ass flock of ravens. I believe this is foreshadowing and it will NOT be the last time we see said flock.

2- I don't know if any of you noticed, but they spent a lot of time (well more like a few seconds) zoomed into the face on the tree. It kinda gave me the feeling someone was looking at them through it (either coldhands or bloodraven). It just seemed to me that they spent a lot more time showing us the face on the tree than they should have if it won't be significant later on.

just my 2 cents :)

Also, D&D could of had sam leave the dagger as foreshadowing for a later episode where he will meet more WW and have no weapon to kill them thus needing to be saved by a certain man with cold hands. *wink wink*

Archived