[book spoilers] so we won't see BLANK until s4

Logodnica

Coldhands is neat, but... are we sure we're going to see him? I don't know, if you consider his actual role, it can easily be replaced by Jojen just knowing exactly where they need to go, and Samwell just happening to come across them.

I think they'll keep Coldhands if his actual identity matters. Like, if he's Benjen (I don't think he is, but just saying), I could see that.

It's still pretty open. They'll have to explain how Sam gets by the wall in order to demonstrate how Bran and Co. get through, provided they do have them intersect. They still had the flock of ravens, and its hard to see the point of including it unless it had some sort of meaning.

Yes, just pointed that in another thread, I think they can spare Coldhands and let Jojen or even Bran lead to where the three eye raven is.

@Ran: Nice theory that Coldhands could be Benjen. I really like it.

I'm pretty sure the thousand crows meant Coldhands would be coming.

And if we met Coldhands this episode, that would mean Bran would go through the Wall during the finale, which would be his last ASOS chapter. If we meet Coldhands during the finale or the first or second episode next season Bran could go through the gate during the end of the season.

I don't quite recall the book, but what of this episode guaranteed no Coldhands? Sam slays the walker in the book so I saw nothing there that says he can't meet up with him. I thought we didn't meet Coldhands until Bran is in the castle and Sam sneaks in the secret entrance...

I don't quite recall the book, but what of this episode guaranteed no Coldhands? Sam slays the walker in the book so I saw nothing there that says he can't meet up with him. I thought we didn't meet Coldhands until Bran is in the castle and Sam sneaks in the secret entrance...

true he has to fight another wight and is about to get killed......this time coldhands and the crows kill it .....thats when we meet him

I'm pretty sure the thousand crows meant Coldhands would be coming.

And if we met Coldhands this episode, that would mean Bran would go through the Wall during the finale, which would be his last ASOS chapter. If we meet Coldhands during the finale or the first or second episode next season Bran could go through the gate during the end of the season.

Bran is going to have a lot of added material, as we are likely not going to get to the end of aDWD until season Six. So, I imagine we are going to get a lot of backstory and history through Jojen helping Bran understand his green dreams. That's my theory at least. I don't see any other way of them introducing that stuff, which they have acknowledged is important to the story, they just have to present it at the right time so viewers don't get lost along the way.

Coldhands is neat, but... are we sure we're going to see him? I don't know, if you consider his actual role, it can easily be replaced by Jojen just knowing exactly where they need to go, and Samwell just happening to come across them.

I think they'll keep Coldhands if his actual identity matters. Like, if he's Benjen (I don't think he is, but just saying), I could see that.

Ahh... good point. If he's not an important character reveal we can have Jojen do it.

I find that so disappointing.. They're getting rid of an interesting character that adds a sense of intrigue into the magic beyond the wall in favour of giving a few actors some more lines.

You never see his face, so he could really just be played by anybody.. I guess they feel like they can give a greater sense of purpose to the Reed's helping them journey beyond the wall if they remove Coldhands. They'll probably have a 'green dream' about the secret entrance, etc(blah).

They're just slowly eliminating any wonder from the show.

Isn't coldhands the only person or being that knows about the gate that needs to be passed to get to the crow.....

They could easily have Sam just know it from a book.

My idea is that the ravens are going to lead Sam an Gilly to the gate and then Bran and the others to Bloodraven. Just to have more of the word "raven" repeated.

I doubt they'll skip Coldhands, but I don't mind holding his introduction off till S4, particularly if it serves to flesh out Bran's storyline. Skipping him entirely would be a mistake, because Bran's journey north then loses credibility (they never would have survived without Coldhands).

Archived