My Monster Euro-Trip.

James Arryn

Have you already been to Melk?

I have attended the abbey school for eight years, so I'm very interested how you like(d) Melk.

How come you wanted to visit Melk in the first place? How have you heard of it?

And please, keep up your posts (at least about Austria, as it's very nice to hear how/that foreigners like Austria :cool4:). Although I usually don't post anything, I am interested in reading posts in general and yours in special.

By the way: it's Kapuzinerhill, not cappuccina hill.

• 3 weeks later...

Last day in London. Will do full updates starting where I left off (Salzburg) when I get home. Many adventures, including marching in a Viennese protest, losing everything, drinking with real live pumas, an AK-47, my swag highpoint, a relationship break-up, an astrologer, a 9 hour moving van ride across Germany, living in a real old mansion with animal heads on walls, a midnight run to Istanbul, a Turkish hospital adventure, an actual riot and turning down an interesting job offer.

Cheers for now.

Last day in London. Will do full updates starting where I left off (Salzburg) when I get home. Many adventures, including marching in a Viennese protest, losing everything, drinking with real live pumas, an AK-47, my swag highpoint, a relationship break-up, an astrologer, a 9 hour moving van ride across Germany, living in a real old mansion with animal heads on walls, a midnight run to Istanbul, a Turkish hospital adventure, an actual riot and turning down an interesting job offer.

Cheers for now.

I think your trip should be made into a movie. It was certainly more interesting than my own adventure. :)

• 8 months later...

Ooh. Have been going through trip photos recently...my avatar is my accidental Blue Steel taken in an elevator in Prague...and that brought this back to mind. So over the next while I'm going to pick up where I left off, if you're interested. So many adventures and hilarious situations.

Cheers for now.

• 10 months later...

Visiting London at any point? :)

Yup! That part just came together in the past few days; get 5 nights at a 4 star hotel next to tower bridge, but will be there a few more days more in keeping with my usual fare.

Overall, mid-May through October.

Inked in:

*Spain, lots of Spain. Am doing the Camino de Santiago (though not religious) for a month or so, another month for central and Andalusian Spain, but not all at once.

*Dublin and down to Cork.

*A return to Belgium; Brussels, Bruges, Gent, maybe Antwerp.

*Barcelona and environs, seperate from rest of Spanish trip.

*Berlin.

Penciled in:

Portugal, Rome, Siena, Florence, Croatia, Slovenia, Budapest, Nice and Aix, maybe Marseilles. Maybe Switzerland.

Either : Poland, Sweden, Finland, Latvia, Estonia, Russia, Lithuania.

Or: the Balkans and a couple Med. islands and western Turkey. Am tempted with Cyprus, but it's a bit iffy there right now. Am also pondering Georgia.

Scotland and the Dam are maybes too.

Still trying to firm it up a bit. The length is set and like last time I have a few commited meetings (inked ones) with friends/family/gf and the rest is fluid.

Yup! That part just came together in the past few days; get 5 nights at a 4 star hotel next to tower bridge, but will be there a few more days more in keeping with my usual fare.

Overall, mid-May through October.

Inked in:

*Spain, lots of Spain. Am doing the Camino de Santiago (though not religious) for a month or so, another month for central and Andalusian Spain, but not all at once.

*Dublin and down to Cork.

*A return to Belgium; Brussels, Bruges, Gent, maybe Antwerp.

*Barcelona and environs, seperate from rest of Spanish trip.

*Berlin.

Penciled in:

Portugal, Rome, Siena, Florence, Croatia, Slovenia, Budapest, Nice and Aix, maybe Marseilles. Maybe Switzerland.

Or: the Balkans and a couple Med. islands and western Turkey. Am tempted with Cyprus, but it's a bit iffy there right now. Am also pondering Georgia.

Scotland and the Dam are maybes too.

Still trying to firm it up a bit. The length is set and like last time I have a few commited meetings (inked ones) with friends/family/gf and the rest is fluid.

Ah man, sounds awesome, I'm so jealous. Let me know when you're in London, and I'll try to pop in for a coffee or something. :) Should definitely let the London BwB know too, try to arrange something.

If you opt for the Balkan route and get to Belgrade, you know who to call. ;)

Archived