Who will be the 3rd Husband of Daenerys Targaryen

Noble Brutus

• 2 months later...

It never said she will have 3 husbands, it said 3 mounts, which are actual mounts.

I expect she'll have at least three husbands, even if it doesn't relate to the prophecy.

It's obvious that her marriage to Hizdahr was a failure, and Dany is young. I'd be surprised if she didn't get married again. I think Victarion is the next possible prospect, though I'm not sure she'll want to marry him. But then, she probably won't have much of a choice in the matter...

If Victarion dies I can see her marrying Aegon, in which case I dearly hope that Aegon is fake and proves a disappointment to her, to teach her once again that she shouldn't go for the pretty shiny things and that mud is so much more interesting ;)

Dany and Tyrion...now, that would be an interesting match, though I don't see it happening. I'm not sure why, exactly, but I've pictured Dany with Gerris Drinkwater lately, mostly because Gerris absolutely despises her at the end of Dance. That wouldn’t be a political match, if it happened...and it doesn't make much sense, I know.

Jorah Mormont might not be her third husband, but he could be her last IMO - that is, if she doesn’t fall in love with a young cocky knight.

I only ship Dany and Vic if vic doesn't die, I am hoping for at least one marriage in ASOIAF that we get to see husband and wife working together for more than one book, most of the marriages have resulted in either the bride or groom dying.

I only ship Dany and Vic if vic doesn't die, I am hoping for at least one marriage in ASOIAF that we get to see husband and wife working together for more than one book, most of the marriages have resulted in either the bride or groom dying.

Yeah, functional, mutually supportive power couples are pretty rare in these books. There was Ned/Cat (separated almost immediately in AGOT, both dead), Dany/Drogo (Drogo dead at the end of AGOT), and Tywin/Joanna (back in the day, supposedly), and that's pretty much it. Seems sort of strange, in a series with thousands of characters, that there isn't one functional power couple who lasts longer than one book--not even happily married or in love, but functional--that I can think of.

I actually wouldn't mind if she married Victarion. That marriage could be entertaining... I don't think it's that likely, though.

On the other hand I think Trystane Martell, might be a wild card. IF, Dany can win the support of Dorne.

Yeah, functional, mutually supportive power couples are pretty rare in these books. There was Ned/Cat (separated almost immediately in AGOT, both dead), Dany/Drogo (Drogo dead at the end of AGOT), and Tywin/Joanna (back in the day, supposedly), and that's pretty much it. Seems sort of strange, in a series with thousands of characters, that there isn't one functional power couple who lasts longer than one book--not even happily married or in love, but functional--that I can think of.

yea Ned and Cat were seperated quickly rather sadly.

The prophecy is very clear to me. A blue flower grew from a chink of a wall. Hm, Let's analyze, shall we?

Blue Flowers only grow in Winterfell. Lyanna herself died holding her blue roses, and It always comes up when they talk about Winterfell, especially with Bael the Bard. A Wall... I wonder how many walls have we heard about in GOT? So, It'd make sense that it had to do with a Stark in the Wall, right? I wonder how many starks there are in the wall, related to Lyanna...

Benjen Stark? I don't think so.

Jon Snow? Cliche as hell, but extremely likely.

The prophecy is very clear to me. A blue flower grew from a chink of a wall. Hm, Let's analyze, shall we?

Blue Flowers only grow in Winterfell. Lyanna herself died holding her blue roses, and It always comes up when they talk about Winterfell, especially with Bael the Bard. A Wall... I wonder how many walls have we heard about in GOT? So, It'd make sense that it had to do with a Stark in the Wall, right? I wonder how many starks there are in the wall, related to Lyanna...

Benjen Stark? I don't think so.

Jon Snow? Cliche as hell, but extremely likely.

And what does any of that have to do with Dany's husbands?

Hmm, let me think about this:

1. Let's assume that Dany is going to marry again. Threes were important in the HOTU prophecy, it would be strange if she didn't wind up with three husbands.

2. Let's also assume that Hizdahr counts as a husband (I've seen arguments that he doesn't), meaning that she's only got one husband yet.

3. There's going to be a Dance of the Dragons 2.0, and it looks very likely that Aegon is going to be Dany's opponent in that war. I think we can rule him out as a potential husband, in that case. (Aegon's out.)

4. Of the HOTU prophecies, the groups of threes rounded out with "for love," so it makes sense that her final husband would be a love match. This also makes sense if you consider that her marriage with Hizdahr may have soured her on purely political alliances. So we can rule out anyone she's unlikely to fall madly in love with. (Victarion and Euron are out.)

5. As fond as she is of Jorah, the books seem pretty clear on her lack of sexual attraction to him, which seems important for Dany when it comes to falling in love. If she's never going to fall in love with Jorah, then that rules him out for Husband #3. (Jorah's out.)

I don't think that realistically leaves anyone but Jon...which would explain her vision of the blue flower "filling the air with sweetness."

I am not so sure she will marry a third time. Vic probably kills off Hizdahr, granted. He may kill off Daario, which would take him right out of the running and bias her against Ironmen generally. In fact, if Daario dies at all, Dany will probably be in a romantic funk and not care about men or love until after she has secured the IT - which she will die before that can quite be finished.

If she does marry a third time, though, it will be for political advantage. fAegon is probably too well warned against - she will suspect he is fake from the beginning. Jon probably has some weird twists ahead of him, but that can get him the IT without marrying Dany just as well as with her. Could be someone she meets later.

I'd add that while I think Daenerys will be unrealistically charmed by Tyrion, Tyrion essentially being a GRRM self-insert and all, rather than incinerating him on the spot as one might expect, I don't see Tyrion as a love match for Dany; she'd certainly never marry him for political reasons, what with all his baggage. GRRM also seems realistic in that he's reflected the reality that when given the opportunity to choose, all other things being equal, beautiful people tend to mate with other beautiful people (Rhaegar/Lyanna, Renly/Loras, Arianne/Daemon Sand, Arianne/Darkstar, Targcest, Jaime/Cersei after a fashion, Dany/Drogo, Asha/Qarl, although Asha's more attractive than beautiful, etc. etc.). Dany's certainly no different in that respect (Dany/Daario, Dany/Irri, etc. etc.). While GRRM made an exception for Tysha (to make her ideal in all respects), I doubt very much he'll make an exception for Dany.

Her silver was trotting through the grass, to a darkling stream beneath a sea of stars. A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright on his dead face, gray lips smiling sadly. A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness...mother of dragons...bride of death...

1st husband: Drogo

2nd husband: Hizdahr, but Victarion kills him

3rd husband: Jon, but he'll die before Dany, I think

Archived