Most unbelievable moment in the books

Jon of Elsewhere

When you put them all together like that, it's crazy. Seriously talented group of kids, right there. Like, you would think one of them would be a burn out, just want to chill and cash in on the family name.

Rickon will probably be riding his direwolf and swinging a war hammer at 6.

Their college application essays are going to kick ass. Also I love the visual of Rickon riding Shaggy into battle with a little miniature warhammer. Adorable! And deadly. But mostly adorable.

Oh and how much power Joffery was wielding at court. I mean he was about 13-14 in the books and everybody just handed him reign he had all the control. I mean how can a 13yr old order someone dead and people just comply like that. I know everybody in Kingslanding is stupid especially the royal court but really?

That Tyrion has both direct physical contact with a greyscale victim with open wounds and drinks the river water, and gets off uninfected. JonCon then contracts the disease while fishing him out. I get the reasons behind that, as far as story constructs go, but damn...

Oh and how much power Joffery was wielding at court. I mean he was about 13-14 in the books and everybody just handed him reign he had all the control. I mean how can a 13yr old order someone dead and people just comply like that. I know everybody in Kingslanding is stupid especially the royal court but really?

Well technically he did have a regent, it's just that Cersei couldn't keep him under control.

Well technically he did have a regent, it's just that Cersei couldn't keep him under control.

Or likely Cersei didn't mind most of the things he did because she is also batshit evil.

That Tyrion has both direct physical contact with a greyscale victim with open wounds and drinks the river water, and gets off uninfected. JonCon then contracts the disease while fishing him out. I get the reasons behind that, as far as story constructs go, but damn...

Poor, JonCon I care more about him then I care about post-ASOS Tyrion yet he is the one that is made to suffer.

And I dont know why, by the laws (anyway normal regent laws) ,She should have more power than him

What did he really do that Cersei would really object to besides the Ned incident?

I don't see how not because all she had to do was tell the Kingsguard and servents to follow her orders and hers alone. Joffery should not have been wielding that kind of power at 13yrs old. Cersei just didn't care to try to keep Joffery under control.

I hated Joffery but I honestly think he should have stayed alive and been Cersei, Tywin and Jamie's penance. I wish we as readers would have seen him at 16yrs old in full control of the Throne with Tywin, Cersei, and Jamie seeing the hell they created and unleashed.

Didn't he order men to fight to their deaths

I don't think Cersei would be offended by that.

All the KILL EM ALL and I WANT EM ALL DEAD incident :P

Technically, everyone ignored him when he ordered that. Through, that was probably because they were fighting for their own lives.

The moment when they arrested ned.

SRSLY , Oh there is a letter proven by the king that ned is to control the throne, BUT WAIT, Joffery is commanding us to kill him, and cersei too, they're not the king, we should listen to them!" I mean what, 500 people heard the letter being called out? yet no one spoke out that ned was not a traitor?

The moment when they arrested ned.

SRSLY , Oh there is a letter proven by the king that ned is to control the throne, BUT WAIT, Joffery is commanding us to kill him, and cersei too, they're not the king, we should listen to them!" I mean what, 500 people heard the letter being called out? yet no one spoke out that ned was not a traitor?

don't even get me started on Ser Barristans actions during that whole ordeal...

And this has been going on hundreds/ thousands of years! Your telling me no one tried that at any point, or that this whole exchange hasnt been institutiionalized by now? And they havent learned to take it outside?

I doubt anyone would have ever been able to buy 10,000 at one time. It took the offer of an priceless dragon for the masters to consider selling that many at once.

But they don't NEED to buy everyone. They just need to buy lots of unsullied plus have their own big army, so that they have more soldiers overall than Astapor has Unsullied. Or they should buy more Unsullied that those remaining in the city. But basically, any number of Unsullied could be used to storm Astapor - that there will be no more Unsullied is a good thing for many. If you can't buy any more of them, why leave alone a possibility that your enemy will buy them too? Also, there'd be morons who'd imagine they can start producing their own Unsullied after destroying Astapor.

And this kind of trick didn't need to be attempted before, it's just that one of slave masters (through hundreds of years) had to THINK about such possibility and install failsafe. If you can make someone kill themselves you certainly can make them unable to kill you, survival instinct is the strongest, if you can make someone forget that, you can install taboo on killing this or that person, or secret word that trumps any command, this kind of thing. Why not?

Equally ridic. were Dany's tricks (with wine, with telling fake time of attack) which worked against experienced mercenaries. It's not that plots themselves are stupid, but what, they've never seen it before?

Realistically, since Dany knows jackshit about military history, has no experience, it should go like this:

- II know, I'll send them strongwine and they'll drink themselves to sleep!

- Oh, child, you have a great military mind and one day you'll become great strategist, I am sure of it! However, pls. bear in mind that professional mercenaries have strong no drinking code until their entanglement is over. After that - sure, they'll drink themselves silly. As for your wine, they'll probably sell it and buy something cheaper.

- Oh, okay... I know, I'll give them two days to think on my offer, and attack them this evening!

- Wow, I love your thinking, it's a great trick, child, employed with great success by Atoman the Terrible... two hundred years ago. Unfortunately, it was so successful that every child in Essos knows it, there is a song and everything.

-.... I'll just offer them even more money then.

- Ok, it generally works.

The one thing that really bothers me is Tyrion's skill in battle. So am I suppose to believe that this dwarf, who was never trained in arms, who gets cramps on his legs from climbing stairs and can barely hold a simple axe, killed like a dozen men in battle? In the battles of the Green Fork and Blackwater I couldn't believe those were Tyrion's chapters I was reading. Tyrion is as good as Jaime in battle it seems. His plot armor turned him into the greatest warrior in Westeros.

But they don't NEED to buy everyone. They just need to buy lots of unsullied plus have their own big army, so that they have more soldiers overall than Astapor has Unsullied. Or they should buy more Unsullied that those remaining in the city. But basically, any number of Unsullied could be used to storm Astapor - that there will be no more Unsullied is a good thing for many. If you can't buy any more of them, why leave alone a possibility that your enemy will buy them too? Also, there'd be morons who'd imagine they can start producing their own Unsullied after destroying Astapor.

And this kind of trick didn't need to be attempted before, it's just that one of slave masters (through hundreds of years) had to THINK about such possibility and install failsafe. If you can make someone kill themselves you certainly can make them unable to kill you, survival instinct is the strongest, if you can make someone forget that, you can install taboo on killing this or that person, or secret word that trumps any command, this kind of thing. Why not?

Moreover, even if Dany was honest and kept her end of the bargain then what do they do? In how, they sold their only major line of defense so what is to stop any random Dorthaki Khal or Sell-sword company from just marching up to their walls and sacking their city in order to get their own baby dragon. Basically, they left themselves undefended for any enemy while painting a huge target onto themselves by their planned purchase of the most priceless item on the planet.

Archived