GRRM Confirms Red Viper, Mace and Magnar are being Cast.

Conchobar

Great news about Oberyn and Mace, interested to see how they work Mace into the KL plot line as he doesn't really get much page-time.

A tad dubious about the Magnar, I mean they're introducing another generic, grumpy wildling? But we'll see how that pans out I guess and hopefully they make him distinctive, and add in some of the backstory about Thenn.

EDIT: Also interesting that Ellaria is rumoured to be in. I was sure she'd be for the chop. Is she getting a major role I wonder or will she be more of a named extra?

Person of Color.

I always imagined the Dornish to have a range of skin colors, but the Martells to be roughly Mediterranean/Middle Eastern looking.

Ever since I visited Morocco, I have been convinced that Dornish culture is more or less the same, as is Dornish skin colour.

I posted something similar in the WiC comments:

The Dornish need to have a slightly darker skin tone to Westeros but also have a slightly different but not "foreign" accent. So, relatively dark skin but fluent English speakers. I was thinking potentially mixed-race South Africans or Kiwis.

For instance, Manu Bennett who played Crixus on Spartacus, although I don't mean him specifically, but his skintone and accent could be OK.

Really? don't think the role would suit him! Now a more villainous character on the other hand. :devil:

Well TBH I just wanna see Brendan on the show, lol, Mace is thinner and has brown hair in my mind.

Archived