The Black or Red Dragon?

King of Winters

Which of the two houses would you choose to follow overall? The Targaryens or the Blackfyres? It's nothing to do with who won the rebellions but which one you prefer.

I'd choose the Targs.

Depends on the actual situation. That said, the Blackfyres seem more belligerent and empty-headed than the Targs, to me. There were also Targs like that, but at least Daeron II, Baelor Breakspear, Aegon V and Jaehaerys II strike me as good rulers and decent people... while I don't know of any Blackfyre who hadd that kind of outlook.

ETA: So, Targ, ultimately, barring further information about the Blackfyres.

Neither, unless one proved that they could put consistently high quality, well-educated rulers on the throne. The Targaryens seem to have had little interest in improving the realm during their 300 year reign, so why should anyone fight for them?

Ugh, I really don't like either and I don't see a reason for choosing either. But if the question is Daeron the good or Daemon Blackyre, then consider me a loyalist. Daemon was all about image and there is no telling why he would have made a better ruler.

Black! The true line of Kings goes down from Aegon the Unworthy to Daemon the King who bore the sword, and then down to his kinsmen. Daeron II the Dragonknights bastard usurped his throne. :commie:

Daemon Blackfyre is the coolest character in all of the books. Why, you ask? Well, for starters, he's got an awesome name! And he was said to fight like the Warrior himself.

Also, the Blackfyre-sigill is better looking than the Targaryen-one.

He fought an epic duel with Ser Gwayne Corbray.

He... had a flat stomach.

So yeah. Daemon obviously! :bowdown:

I would have chosen the Red Dragon, but depending on how Maekor came to the throne and certainly when Egg did, I would switch to the Black Dragon. Despite thinking that Daemon was the better man and probably was Aegon IV's intended heir I would still fight against him, due to preserve future peace.

I go for the Blackfyres it had been said that Aegon IV want Daemon to be king after him he gave him the sword and he was said to be a better king then Daeron and many said he could been the DragonKnights son and the Targs should have never taken a risk putting a child of questionable parentage so the next one in line to the throne the crown which would be Daemon

I go for the Blackfyres it had been said that Aegon IV want Daemon to be king after him he gave him the sword and he was said to be a better king then Daeron and many said he could been the DragonKnights son and the Targs should have never taken a risk putting a child of questionable parentage so the next one in line to the throne the crown which would be Daemon

Proper punctuation, befriend it.

"it has been said that he wanted Daemon to be king" Well duh, why else would he legitimize him? This argument, as incoherent as put fourth now stems from the erroneous assumption that Aegon IV was in any way shape of form a capable king. I view his capability as a ruler to beneath that of Sweetrobin.

Archived