Daenerys will Burn Mereen.

DaveRoid

^They are just bad people, end of story. Westeros has many pure evil characters as well.

Yes, but not every opponent of the other characters are complete monsters instead they have people like Jaime, Kevan, and Tyrion are likable and sympathetic. Moreover, their evil characters are not all mind baffling stupid in addition to their grim dark evil. Thus, it is actually possible for people to support them and their efforts for that reason.

Thus, it is actually possible for people to support them and their efforts for that reason.

Yeah, its real easy to support Ramsay, Gregor, Biter, Rorge, Vargo Hoat, The Brave Companions, Craster, Joffrey, Cersei, Maester Pycelle, Walder Frey. There all extremely likable characters.

Yeah, its real easy to support Ramsay, Gregor, Biter, Rorge, Vargo Hoat, The Brave Companions, Craster, Joffrey, Cersei, Maester Pycelle, Walder Frey. There all extremely likable characters.

I know quite a number of people who support/like Tywin, Littlefinger, and/or Roose, yet I haven't yet found anyone that is a major fan of the random slavers that Dany comes up against.

Also, note how Vargo Hoat and The Brave Companions are written to be on both sides of the Stark-Lannister conflict thus placing ambiguity on both sides.

I know quite a number of people who support/like Tywin, Littlefinger, and/or Roose, yet I haven't yet found anyone that is a major fan of the random slavers that Dany comes up against.

Also, note how Vargo Hoat and The Brave Companions are written to be on both sides of the Stark-Lannister conflict thus placing ambiguity on both sides.

I know of a Littlefinger supporter

We barely get to know anything about the slavers, there's barely any dialogue between Dany and the slavers, so how could people become fans of such characters without getting to know anything about them, other than the fact that they are slavers and eat dogs?

That is a good reason for why her story is so dull, as she doesn't have to face actual "real" opponents. Instead, she gets to go up a collection cardboard cutout villains that are also all complete idiots instead of having to face anyone with any moral ambiguity.

Why are people so eager for there to be a likeable well-rounded SLAVER character for them to empathize with? Personally I'm ok with not having that. The very thought makes me feel icky. Dany's story is morally ambiguous enough (just look at all the people convinced she'll go cray-cray) without asking me to see slavers as just hardworking schmoes who cry and fart and love their kids. I'm only willing to accept so much of that from people who buy and sell people for a living.

We barely get to know anything about the slavers, there's barely any dialogue between Dany and the slavers, so how could people become fans of such characters without getting to know anything about them, other than the fact that they are slavers and eat dogs?

There was a huge debate about this a few weeks ago,The conclusion was that GRRM has written it so that there is actually no other choice but to support Dany,It'll be more clear if she ever gets to westeros.

That is my direct complaint about them and Dany's story, in how back in Westeros we actually get to witness both sides thus creating an interesting and compelling story. While, Dany's story is basically her going around massacring countless no name npcs that are written as flat idiotic card carrying villains. Which, surprising enough is not all that interesting.

There was a huge debate about this a few weeks ago,The conclusion was that GRRM has written it so that there is actually no other choice but to support Dany,It'll be more clear if she ever gets to westeros.

If that was his objective, he obviously failed, seeing as she is one of the most controversial characters in the story. And receives an almost unequaled amount of hate from some of the fans.

That is my direct complaint about them and Dany's story, in how back in Westeros we actually get to witness both sides thus creating an interesting and compelling story. While, Dany's story is basically her going around massacring countless no name npcs that are written as flat idiotic card carrying villains. Which, surprising enough is not all that interesting.

Maybe its because she is the only POV in Essos for the majority of the story, where Westeros has like 20 POV characters. Of course were going to learn more about all the factions there, its sheer numbers.

Maybe its because she is the only POV in Essos for the majority of the story, where Westeros has like 20 POV characters. Of course were going to learn more about all the factions there, its sheer numbers.

Still, Martin could've at least written some of the Meereenese to something more then one dimensional caricatures...

If only there was a single page where she isn't thinking about Bozo the Clown... But no, all she does in ADwD is think about the most stupid and boring haracter in the entire story. And she proved that she can't rule a single city, but still wants to conquer all of Westeros. I'd rather have Ramsay as king.

I like Daario and he knows Dany better than she knows herself (at least until her last chapter at AdWD).

He knows shes a Targaryen

By the way, I agree with the OP, but i dont thin she will necessary burn meeren. Yunkai perhaps.

I think that reconizing herself as a Targ means most people will stop to look at her as a little girl, no feared, that, luckly, has dragons.

She will make people look her as a targ, their conquering fearsome ruler, but not necessraly evil.

After she make herself ruler, she might be a good ruler

Yeah, there's no doubt GRRM could write a slaver in the mold of Tywin or Roose and get that character some sympathizers. Hell,Varys basically enslaves scores of children, has their tongues cut out and he gets many defenders. I've no interest in reading about some brilliant, morally grey slaver. Dany's story doesn't need a Littlefinger to add depth or adversity. Despite all her shortcomings and inadequacies, she's taking on the entire institution of slavery. She has half a continent at war with her. Her goals are far more ambitious, her challenges far greater, her moral dilemmas far tougher, than any other character in the series.

Yeah, there's no doubt GRRM could write a slaver in the mold of Tywin or Roose and get that character some sympathizers. Hell,Varys basically enslaves scores of children, has their tongues cut out and he gets many defenders. I've no interest in reading about some brilliant, morally grey slaver. Dany's story doesn't need a Littlefinger to add depth or adversity. Despite all her shortcomings and inadequacies, she's taking on the entire institution of slavery. She has half a continent at war with her. Her goals are far more ambitious, her challenges far greater, her moral dilemmas far tougher, than any other character in the series.

:bowdown: :agree:

I can't help laughing at Kraznys inviting her to lick honey off his (no doubt very sweaty) breasts and vice versa and talking about strangling babies and puppies. Rather like Vargo Hoat, he has no redeeming features, but one can't help liking him.

Yes to the all of this.

Excellent op. I take this as very very simple. She, like her ancestors is a destroyer, not a builder, fire consumes. That can be good if it burns wood for warmth to sustain life to burn others and wights to save the living. However, the targs used the dragons for fear, death and destruction. This girl is more dangerous to ALL of the people in Westeros more than ever before. Her self realization means she is going to come and will destroy all that do not bend the knee to her. She knows nothing of the Others and wights. She does know that certain families are her enemies. The Lannisters may be done for before she arrives, if not, she can take them. The Vale, The Riverlands, The North, The Stormlands, do they deserve to be destroyed? How about the Martells? This girl is appealing to the women readers BECASUSE of her "sexual lifestyle" and her power. Ok, great, but if she is queen, is she going to make her slave owner husband THE KING? If the husband dies, Daario as KING? Can she have kids? All she thinks of when Westeros is "Destroy the Userper's dogs and burn their Castles". What then?

I would not get too excited about Dothraki 40 thousand strong coming in on her side. I have said before, she will not turn them into "meals on wheels", more likely "death on wheels", or hooves in their case. Dany is as big a threat to Westeros and its inhabitants as the Wights and their minions of white walkers. Dany is a curse upon the World.

Archived