[Book Spoilers] Mercy

TKO

I know it will proberly be cut, but I really hope they put in the post red wedding scene from the book, where Arya and the Hound come across an injured Stark man.. That scene is a personal faviroute of mine and would add some layering to the Hound's character.

Could you remind me pls what happens there? I cannot recall that!

"A northman, it was,” he wept. “His badge was a bloody man, and he saw mine and made a jape, red man and pink maiden, maybe they should get together. I drank to his Lord Bolton, he drank to Ser Marq, and we drank together to Lord Edmure and Lady Roslin and the King in the North. And then he killed me."

Considering how much they've changed the Hound already in the series I'm not getting my hopes up for any character building moments.

This video pretty much shows how The Hound is very different in the show compared to book :)

haha I love this

WAY to soon. That will be the end of her story arc next season. Or maybe her arriving in Braavos.

I won't be sure of that until the episode ends. I really don't see them traveling and killing for nine episodes. But working for this is the fact that she hasn't gotten needle back.

What if they made the guy given mercy Wendel Manderly. Would be a great way to intoroduce the Manderleys.

He is already dead. You can see his corpse with a quarrel through the mouth (like in the books) while Cat is crawling towards the knife. Either they did cut a scene where he is introduced or I hope he will be mentioned at least among the victims. Would be ridiculous to cast someone who has not a single line or isn't even mentioned.

Anyone else suspect that they may change up the Arya/Hound mercy scene? I think they're really going to play off the Hound and Arya's strange relationship, and am wondering if in the show they might have Arya actually give him the gift of mercy and kill him. I know even the idea of this is enough to make even some of the more lax book readers shudder at the thought of such a change (it did for me at first), but maybe it would actually suite the show a little better? If they're going to basically have a whole season with them, they may find it hard to have Arya as determined to make the Hound suffer as she is in the moment, and by that point (sorry if this comes across as underestimating the Unsullied) will any of the show-only viewers even remember Myca? Plus they're really driving in the whole "I'm gonna put a sword through your eye" lines with Arya... maybe they will actually have her kill him?

This would bring up the issue of whether or not The Hound is actually dead though. Thoughts?

Anyone else suspect that they may change up the Arya/Hound mercy scene? I think they're really going to play off the Hound and Arya's strange relationship, and am wondering if in the show they might have Arya actually give him the gift of mercy and kill him. I know even the idea of this is enough to make even some of the more lax book readers shudder at the thought of such a change (it did for me at first), but maybe it would actually suite the show a little better? If they're going to basically have a whole season with them, they may find it hard to have Arya as determined to make the Hound suffer as she is in the moment, and by that point (sorry if this comes across as underestimating the Unsullied) will any of the show-only viewers even remember Myca? Plus they're really driving in the whole "I'm gonna put a sword through your eye" lines with Arya... maybe they will actually have her kill him?

This would bring up the issue of whether or not The Hound is actually dead though. Thoughts?

Not a chance. Why would they make the hound likable and then ruin people opinion of her by having her kill him

Anyone else suspect that they may change up the Arya/Hound mercy scene? ... This would bring up the issue of whether or not The Hound is actually dead though. Thoughts?

Not a bad idea: that totally depends however on how important the definitely-not-dead-Sandor is going to be later in the story. It could work to have the Hound and Arya actually bonding, and Arya WILL kill him, but she'll do so tearfully and in mercy because he's critically wounded, perhaps from saving her. This would fit with the general trend of Arya getting what she wants in horribly twisted ways: an adventurous life as a boy, for example, or seeing her family (ok, Grey Wind) again.

As with Talisa's death, if the Hound really dies in the show, that's going to indicate something about the book's endgame - not that Sandor is dead (because he most certainly is not), but at least that he may not be too important.

Archived