Who in ASoIaF world is NOT going to hell?

Underzaker

What is heaven? What is hell? These are just words to me and words are wind. Heaven and hell are ideas, not merely names. That which we call heaven by any other name should be just as sweet, but not if the words come from two people who believe in two different sets of rules to attain such sweetness. Right? RIGHT? If only there were one standard by which we determine pure innocence worthy for a seat in someplace sweet and light and pure evil worthy to be thrown into the firey halls of eternal damnation...

If only there were one standard by which we determine pure innocence worthy for a seat in someplace sweet and light and pure evil worthy to be thrown into the firey halls of eternal damnation...

1. Unbabtized heathens: Missendei, Septon Meribald, Maester Luwin-- pretty much everyone outside of the Ironborn and Patchface who aren't also guilty of more egregious crimes.

2. Lust: Gatehouse Ami, those Ibbenese guards Tyrion sent to protect Shae, Varamyr's female wolf

3. Gluttony: Tommen, Sam, Hot Pie, Robert, the boar that killed Robert

4. Greed: Jon (over-extending his line of credit with the Iron Bank)

5. Wrath: Brienne (for swearing to kill Stannis), Rickon (that kid is always mad at something)

6. Heresy: Davos (for believing Stannis is his god), Tyrion (for telling the gods to fuck off), Cersei (for her deicide), Bran (for trying to become a god)

7. Violence: Cat (for killing Jinglebell in cold blood)

8. Fraud: Varys ("Faegon"), Jeyne Poole (pretending to be Arya), Arya (who hasn't this one pretended to be), Dany ("Dracarys" was a pretty extreme case of fraud if I ever saw one)

9: Betrayal: Ned Stark (for harboring enemy dragonspawn from his king); Sansa Stark (for everything)

1. Unbabtized heathens: Missendei, Septon Meribald, Maester Luwin-- pretty much everyone outside of the Ironborn and Patchface who aren't also guilty of more egregious crimes.

2. Lust: Gatehouse Ami, those Ibbenese guards Tyrion sent to protect Shae, Varamyr's female wolf

5. Wrath: Brienne (for swearing to kill Stannis), Rickon (that kid is always mad at something)

6. Heresy: Davos (for believing Stannis is his god), Tyrion (for telling the gods to fuck off), Cersei (for her deicide), Bran (for trying to become a god)

8. Fraud: Varys ("Faegon"), Jeyne Poole (pretending to be Arya), Arya (who hasn't this one pretended to be), Dany ("Dracarys" was a pretty extreme case of fraud if I ever saw one)

9: Betrayal: Ned Stark (for harboring enemy dragonspawn from his king); Sansa Stark (for everything)

:agree:

This is amazing. Everyone's going to hell!

But really though, whose hell are we using? The Christian hell, the Jewish Big Sleep? Is getting into heaven a matter of good works or grace through faith?

No you can break the commandments and still have his favor (there are stories/parables on that) but everyone has to repent of their sins.

No one is going to heaven unless they do that (everyone is a sinner whether lying, adultery, murder, etc.).

Does that mean Cersei is the one closest to heaven at the moment?

So all actions could lead one to hell. That makes sense, because hell is firey, it has more regenerative properties. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust and back around again.

I don't know how that could possibly work, bb. The fire would leech the water away, cause it to evaporate. I think you're just pulling my leg.

Not to get all into the theology of this, but the idea Dante was going for is that the further away you get from the light of god, the less of "God's love" there is, represented by the lack of heat as you descend. The cold is about deprivation of God's love as it were. I think it operates by a different set of rules than physical science, or, as it pertains, ASOIAF, lol.

I'm pretty sure Roose's leeches will make it out ok, though.

Wait... If there is more than one god in Westeros/Essos, which diety decides who goes to hell? They're gonna be fighting one another at who gets dibs on which character.

Archived