Meanwhile on the Iron Islands (book spoilers)

shimmy

With I like the new Asha ooh, really not. It doesn't tell about the huge sinking hole or even where this story will follow. Apart from, makes it up as it goes along. She loves her baby brother she was his nurse maid on grope was all it took remember the horse and cot. Must be really lucky for him that she knows stitching, but tell me dad you didn't eat the sausage or throw in the fire oops the sea?

With script writers prasing these bumbling efforts, it is no wonder we are left thinking how stupid.

Balon Greyjoy in conversation specifically named her as commander of the Iron Born over her own brother Theon. Directed to ravaged the north with a massive fleet of raiders taking lands and castles.

He even assured her, when reading the sealed letter from the Boltons. He will not give up those lands and castles or recalled his Iron Born. So logically without any explanation of the impossible. How does that scene make any sense whatsoever?

You will tell me? A commanders job is to rule their army from the homefront? Why did he give her commander title, if he going to do that regardless? Kids these days. 50 hard bastards, where enough to defeat the 200 kinghts Rodderick Cassel had? I know they teleported. Just like she will do now as she tries to append her brother's sausage.

It is ludicrous and dumb. No it really isn't clever her new personallity will only create problems later as she won't be going to any Kingsmoot, as she sits and waits in the empty Torhen Square for Stannis.

I love book!Asha and I'm okay with show!Yara, and yes, it was a rousing good scene, but it didn't make any sense. How could she defy dad and run off with his best ship and his best men? Balon's pretty dictatorial and I really don't see him stepping aside and letting this happen.

The Kingsmoot is sort of confusing, so I can understand them wanting to do away with it and figure out another way to set up the Greyjoys after Balon has his nice trip, but this is taking a lot of suspension of disbelief.

I didn't really care for the scene, and I like the Yara character.

I think they should've killed Balon this episode. They could've still had the scene between Balon and Yara, which would've set the kingsmoot up nicely with him talking about Theon being unable to produce any heirs and then Yara being named as his heir. She could still say her plan about saving Theon, he gets angry and leaves, walks across the bridge, and it's done. Without his death, Tyrion's remark about kings dropping like flies doesn't make much sense, plus it would've made Mel seem way more powerful to have another die.

It just seems kind of awkward to me to have her prepare for this big quest only to have to turn around and come back when Balon does die. Of course they could just do away with the kingsmoot and have Euron claim the crown since neither of Balon's kids are around.

I think they should've killed Balon this episode. They could've still had the scene between Balon and Yara, which would've set the kingsmoot up nicely with him talking about Theon being unable to produce any heirs and then Yara being named as his heir.

Methinks Balon and Joffrey will kick the bucket in the same episode next season. If both Robb and Balon die after Melisandre's blood magic, the shock of Joff's sudden death will not be as strong.

The Greyjoy brothers and the Kingsmoot are obviously going to be put off until a hypothetical season 5, once Ashayara has returned from her failed rescue attempt and her father's taken the big plunge.

Not sure where I sit on the prospect of them pulling another season's worth of storyline out of their ass, even if Asha was one of my favourite book characters and I rather like the actress.

Yara to sail to Dreadfort. Gets captured by Stannis and his is hostage. Yara goes to Castle Black and replaces Val from the books (save hiring another actress)? Unless Stannis takes her to Winterfell with him for some reason.

The going to the Dreadfort thing caught me so off guard. I don't know if that's a red herring and next season she ends up sailing back to the Iron Islands once she learns of Balon's death or they're making up a new storyline for Asha.

It's finally happening! filler!

obviously there was going to be filler at some point. Seems like it'll be next season with the Yara. I predict she'll head into the north, win some fights etc, then learns that theon is dead, heads back to pyke, and arrive just in time for Balon's funeral, setting up the kingsmoot for season 5.

maybe this will give theon and ramsay something to do as well next season besides having little torture-dates in the dreadfort dungeons...

The people complaining about the "50 men" never really understood the Greyjoys in the first place. The entire series is littered with them making stupid decisions because they can't check their egos. The Ironborn seriously give zero fucks. Zero.

The whole 'fastest ship and 50 men' is just what Theon should have done with Winterfell. Sneak attack, take hostages, sack the castle then run back to the ships.

Thats what she is going to do, storm the Dreadfort at night, grab Theon and flee. She doesn't need any more because she's not going to take the castle.

Guys. Guys, listen to me.

What if....the theory about Asha being a man was true, and Ramsay knew about it? What if Ramsay sent her Theon's dick as a warning of her own possible castration? That explains why Asha reacted so strongly.

The showrunners know things about the books that we don't. So could this mean that Asha's gender is one of the two big spoilers yet to be revealed?

IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

The Crying Game of Thrones

Something I picked up on re-re-watch : when Yara leaves Pyke, the camera lingers on that tall bearded man who we see quite clearly again on the ship.

Maybe it's nothing but I could see this guy becoming a little side-kick or "three-line-silhouette-character", who knows.

I'm ready to bet we will see more of Rickon through Yara.

I thought the Yara actress did a good job even in season 2, she just was so different in appearance from Asha in the books that I don't think that a lot of people could get past it. I thought she was great last night, I got fired up though I know it can't go anywhere too much unless its a huge deviation. I like the idea that it may be foreshadowing, maybe Asha is the one who finally offs Ramsay in the books, I could live with that, as long as its an ax, preferably to the crotch and then between the eyes.

I'm so excited to see Ashyara's expanded storyline even if it is filler.My biggest fear is them cutting Vic just because I think he could translate MUCH better on screen than he does in the book.I also wondered about the guy that kinda resembled crow's eye. :D

It's obviously a sneak attack. But Asha will arrive at the dreadfort and learn that Ramsay and Theon are not there. Oh my, where could those two jolly chaps be? Evidently, hunting behind Rickon and Osha. And it happens that Asha trails them and we have a three way hunt. Then, Theon has the chance to escape towards Asha somehow. But he doesn't, because he is not Theon, he is Reek. So, at this point, Ramsay manages to get away while Rickon and Osha sail for Skagos. So, where are Asha and her 50 men? Somewhere on the east coast near the Last Hearth (Rickon's initial destination), ripe for Stannis to assault. Meanwhile, the Kingsmoot was called in the Iron Islands and since none of the little Balons where there, Euron is king but we have a nice reason for a second kingsmoot to be called by Asha. Victarion is too dumb to do anything about it so he follows Euron's orders and we see his trip to the Reach and to Mereen and his own fights.

And we wrap up the Iron Islands plot pretty quickly while linking them to all the actors in the north: starks, boltons, baratheons and umbers.

Asha can't take the Dreadfort otherwise she could hold it with her 50 men (not for long but that still messes up the holdings of Boltons and Stannis).

Edit: Maybe the Ironborn meet with Rickon and they are the ones that drop him off to skagos since he won't be going to white harbor. Would also explain the Asha/yara change, since she would be joining Osha's storyline in the show. And she could, somehow, be the one who tells to Davos where Rickon is.

The going to the Dreadfort thing caught me so off guard. I don't know if that's a red herring and next season she ends up sailing back to the Iron Islands once she learns of Balon's death or they're making up a new storyline for Asha.

This. I don't know where they're going with this

Archived