if Jon is declared the true king in the end ?

naik2902

I'll throw out my books. Martin just cannot do that. Jon Snow is not bloody Aragorn.

Yes :D

The ruler shouldn't be the one who "deserves" it but the one whose best suited for the role.

Jon knows nothing about the South or it's ruthless politics, if he's king Westeros is going to be stuck with another clueless ruler. I'm going to hate it even more if he's suddenly able enough to rule a kingdom he knows nothing about. It will be as cliche and unrealistic as four kids defeating the White Witch and ruling a kingdom when they don't know the first thing about war or governing

The only candidates that are best suited are:

Stannis (but I think George will kill him :( )

Sansa

Margaery

Aegon (Varys has been training him for this)

The ones that are realistic, (even if I don't like them):

Stannis

Dany (she has dragons nuff said)

Sansa

Aegon

If he does become king....that is a huge if

I think his sigil will be a White Wolf on Black

No more incest thank you very much.

Ghost is Jon and Jon is Ghost,where he goes Ghost goes.

Pardon me but it sounded like you were dismissing incest for zoophilia instead. :laugh:

If (and that's a big IF) Jon wins the IT at the end by some miracle, he'll be dead in a week once a player of the game decides to get serious.

Agreed :)

There is no way players would let him keep the throne when it isn't in their better interests.

The only way Jon can have the throne is if he's a pawn/puppet for a player. All this "true king" and "destiny" is bs

The South would eat a green boy Northerner for breakfast

Westeros has been through so much crap, it deserves a ruler who knows what he/she is doing

Jon, the Long Lost Prince, the magical union of forbidden love between dragon and wolf and the ultimate payoff of a decade's suffering, returned to the rightful throne of his Father, all of destiny fulfilled....

...Yeah. I don't think this is that kind of story.

Yeah I agree with RhaenysBalerion, a little to Aragorn like for ASoIaF.

I don't think Jon has much chance of being King. The only one who would know about his parentage is Howland Reed, why would the realm bend the knee because one (rather strange) Lord says his late best friend's bastard is really a Targaryen?

I do not see Jon taking the Targ house emblem. If he becomes King in some extraordinary circumstances (I doubt it) he would take the Stark name. Jon though, swore Oaths to the Watch. He would not betray it unless the wall crumbles and there is nothing to swear an oath too. However, at that point, Jon would stay and fight the others. When it comes to that, Dany will have something to say about that and she will kill Aegon and his queen to be to get it. Way premature regarding Jon ever being King on the Iron Throne.

@Lord Damien I'm not too sure Dany would kill Aegon.

She needs him because:

A) she's barren

B ) she doesn't want to be alone

C) she can marry him off to Sansa/Margaery/Arianne

D) he has Dorne and the Stormlands behind him

I can see her killing Jon for treason, but not Aegon

Jon would just be king in the north and maintain his position in the NW. He could do both he's very capable. But as far as marriage no, please don't inflict Sansa upon him. Coming off a battle of the long night that's just too much. Give the man a break.

And yes he could still be in the NW and be KitN because after this LN things will not be the same in Westeros. From the wall to Dorne there will be major changes.

I'll throw out my books. Martin just cannot do that. Jon Snow is not bloody Aragorn.

I was going to burn my books if Jon sits on the IT, but since the Targaryens practice cremation and I don't want to do anything that they do, I think I will throw them in my recycling bin. Better for the environment that way.

if jon takes the throne and dany and feagon is dead and dragons are dead too .by what family name he would like to rule ?? will he use targaryen sigil or stark sigil or combination of both ? do you think sansa will agree to marry jon since they brought up as brother and sister???

if ghost made it alive in the end will jon allow him to come to KL and attend his small council meetings and give him place in the throne room??

Definitely Stark or Snow

And I do think Sansa would marry him because of 'duty' as a lady

And OF COURSE Ghost would go along if he is still alive (please be alive!!!)

I was going to burn my books if Jon sits on the IT, but since the Targaryens practice cremation and I don't want to do anything that they do, I think I will throw them in my recycling bin. Better for the environment that way.

If we are protecting the environment, I'll sell mine to some second hand foreign books store or something, and have an ice-cream from the money I get, haha...

I don't think Jon has much chance of being King. The only one who would know about his parentage is Howland Reed, why would the realm bend the knee because one (rather strange) Lord says his late best friend's bastard is really a Targaryen?

I doubt Jon's parentage is relevant to his hypothetical kingship. I doubt anyone's will when it comes to a new ruler.

I predict that the north and south will go to separate rule. Jon is more likely to be King in/of the North than ruler of the seven kingdoms. Its more Starky

Please no more incest, she's at the very least his cousin.

It wouldn't really be incest since it is a completely acceptable thing in Westeros. Cousins apparently mean nothing. Hell even brother and sister mean nothing to some Westerosi. Cousins are fair game, even Tywin married his cousin.

Archived