Defend the indefensible in ASoIaF

I'll give it a shot:

With all the power brokering going on via marriage, Tywin had to not only end/annul Tyrion's marriage to a base born girl but had to tell the lie that she was a whore (and have the gang rape occur) so that Tyrion wouldn't try to go back to her again.

What's more, Tyrion is the true cause of this. Controlling Tyrion's marriage future was entirely Tywin's right. The Starks did it, the Tullys, the Baratheons, the Tyrells... everyone. By acting out selfishly, Tyrion forced Tywin's hand.

Also, Tywin saved her life. Being raped is better than being dead.

... how'd I do?

horribly.

In the annals of horrible that is right up there with the Little Lisa's Sea Slurry.

Gregor had to rape Elia... it's not like she would have said "yes" if he asked her for sex. There was no other way for it to happen.

He also had to kill her children because their wailing was really loud and obnoxious, and it might have done some damage to his eardrums. It's not like he's 20 anymore.

Thanks. My favorite is when people claim Sansa killed Mycah... Then I go nuclear... :)

Yea ive been on the wrong side of that one before, gonna avoid it next time lol but she didnt Mycah was already dead by the time she lied, i dont condone her lying against her blood but saying she killed Mycah is ludacris unless Sansa is over 6 feet tall and has severe burns on her face

Sansa warg on Sandor and killed Mycah, it is known

Ramsay only married Lady Hornwood to protect her, an old woman without heirs can only mean problems, when Ramsay hear about Manderly's plot to marry her just for her lands, he decided to act first, again only to protect her. Some people even say he rape her, but not wedding is over without a bedding, Lord too-fat would complain and try to annulled the marriage if it wasn't the case.

Ramsay later proceed to lock her, because she was mentally unstable, she even eat her own fingers, what else could our good old Ramsay do?

hmmm...too much??

Here's a few:

1) Robert's efforts to assassinate Dany were both strategically astute (it was only chance to prevent his primary enemy house from getting the Westerosi equivalent of nukes) and morally defensible (ask the slave and non-slave population of Astrapor how Dany's vacation in Slaver's Bay worked out).

2) if you believe in prophecy and the relevance of past behavior, Mirri Maz Duur saved hundreds of thousands more lives as a practicing necromancer than as a physician (no Drogo and STMTE = generations of live and free people in Essos).

3) Everything hideous thing Littlefinger has ever done is redeemed by the fact he is one true romantic in westeros (if you define Romanticism as the belief that strongly felt emotion is the truly key aspect of a fully lived life). Littlefinger's entire life -- including his monstrous crimes -- are all dedicated to various efforts to recapture the irrational love of his youth.

Okay, #3 is insane, but Baelish really is the logical conclusion of the cliche, "Love is the most important thing in life." If you really insist on walking the talk . . .

Roose Bolton was righting the wrongs done to his family in the past. The House of Bolton sought freedom from subjugation for thousands of years. The Starks forced the Bolton's to kneel and Roose took his chance to stand again.

People rip on Robert for fucking a lot of the whores while hiding from Jon Connington, because he was supposed to love Lyanna. The man was wounded, trapped and likely to die before Ned and his army could get there. If he truly believed he would die then why not try and enjoy your last days as much as possible?

Roose Bolton had to betray and kill Robb because tKitN would have led him to an early grave

Truth. Don't deny what's in front of you, Stark loyalists. Don't hate Roose because he's the only smart person in the North. Don't hate the flayer, hate the game.

Oh my god, you just made my year. Where do you even find these?

Cercei misunderstood was equally funny.

I just finished reading it. You`re right :lol:

Truth. Don't deny what's in front of you, Stark loyalists. Don't hate Roose because he's the only smart person in the North. Don't hate the flayer, hate the game.

Word

Archived