A Sand Snake in King's Landing (TWOW spoilers)

Conquered Sun

This is a potentially huge plot line for the future. What happens will depend on whether Nym and Tyene stay loyal to Doran or pursue their own personal vengeance.

Doran is too honorable to order the assassination of Tommen, but should he join Aegon, Nym and Tyene are poised to reek havoc from the inside of King's Landing. Nym has 200 Dornish guards with her. That is more than enough men to force open a gate during the night and pave the way for Aegon to take the city. Tyene will be in position to get close the High Septon. She can feel him out and connect him with Doran, or she may be able to start an uprising among the populace.

Tyene and Nym will definitely stay loyal to Prince Doran. Especially given what he revealed to them in A Dance With Dragons. The level of trust he's shown to them has shown them clearly that Doran is just as furious as they are about Elia, the Red Viper, and all the wounds House Martell has had to suffer over the years.

Both will be huge. Between Dornish guards at court and the connections with the faith - both are in very good positions to affect what happens in KL. Both will have excellent intel, be great for scheming and propaganda, making alliances, and one or the other - even both could be instumental in handing over the city and even the Red Keep.

I actually think that Lady Nym will have a bigger role to play then Tyene. I saw the whole valonqar thread and this is not really the same. Doran was smart when he sent Lady Nym to the Seven and the High Septon because they could be one of the major forces left after all these wars. All of the big battles are shaping up to be a war of ideals and religions. You have the followers of the Red God and their armies (Stannis, BwB, maybe even Victorian), you have the whole North for the old Gods (this includes Bran, Brynden, and the others), you have the Seven (no they have their sparrows and their knights), you have the Drowned God (Damphair and his rebellion) and you have the god of many faces (who according to Arya's mentor is actually represented in the other religions The Stranger in the seven, the Red God, etc.) I also think we could find out the Iron Bank of Bravoos could be connected to the GoMF like the Faceless Men. Back on topic, having LAdy Nym feeding info to Dorne about one of the last unaffiliated armies could be a difference maker in whatever side Dorne ultimately chooses to side with (it may look right now like Dorne is going fAegon, but I think Prince Doran is just covering another base by sending Arianne to Aegon).

Both will be huge. Between Dornish guards at court and the connections with the faith - both are in very good positions to affect what happens in KL. Both will have excellent intel, be great for scheming and propaganda, making alliances, and one or the other - even both could be instumental in handing over the city and even the Red Keep.

Sarella is at the Citadel, a lot of information flows through there as well and many of the people there have useful connections to key players.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this pays off for Doran. I don't think he'll be pleased with Dany when he hears Quentyn has been killed and she married someone else. I expect the Martells to throw in with fAegon.

The ancient Roman historian and philosopher, Cicero wrote an epic essay about the enemy within....that this enemy is more dangerous than any standing outside the gates waving their banners. this enemy corrupts the city from the inside out and that is exactly Nem and Tyene were sent to do, especially Tyene who hopoes to gain the ear of the high septon and really do a job on the Lannisters. This should be a huge story line, especially if the sand snakes do their job correctly. I really feel bad for Tommen...three is really nobody left to watch out for him and rule the kingdom with any sort of compotence

The question is: Will Lady Nym and Myrcella reach King's Landing or is the Golden Company going to arrest them? If Lady Nym is not going to travel through the Reach she'll take the faster route through the Stormlands. Since she has not yet arrived at KL in the Epilogue of ADwD, my guess is that she did not pass Storm's End/the Stormlands before the Golden Company arrived there. This will make it very unlikely that Nym and Myrcella are going to KL.

Especially since I'm quite sure that Lady Nym will jump on the chance to deliver Myrcella to Aegon and Connington as soon as she learns about them. Arianne may very well meet Myrcella and Nym at Storm's End in TWoW.

No idea how Tyene intends to travel to KL, but since she'll disguise herself as a Septa my guess is that she'll reach her destination. If there is still a trial against Margaery, my guess is that Tyene may end up as one of her judges, the Septa who plays the role of the Maiden most likely.

The question is: Will Lady Nym and Myrcella reach King's Landing or is the Golden Company going to arrest them? If Lady Nym is not going to travel through the Reach she'll take the faster route through the Stormlands. Since she has not yet arrived at KL in the Epilogue of ADwD, my guess is that she did not pass Storm's End/the Stormlands before the Golden Company arrived there. This will make it very unlikely that Nym and Myrcella are going to KL.

Especially since I'm quite sure that Lady Nym will jump on the chance to deliver Myrcella to Aegon and Connington as soon as she learns about them. Arianne may very well meet Myrcella and Nym at Storm's End in TWoW.

No idea how Tyene intends to travel to KL, but since she'll disguise herself as a Septa my guess is that she'll reach her destination. If there is still a trial against Margaery, my guess is that Tyene may end up as one of her judges, the Septa who plays the role of the Maiden most likely.

The Golden Company does not control the entire Stormlands, they control about two-thirds (Cape Wrath, the islands, and Storm's

End). Connington has left garrison at every castle taken and is preparing to meet a Tyrell army in the field. He will need every man not guarding a keep. The Dornish have 200 men and the fastest horses in the Seven Kingdoms.

The Sand Snakes have reaffirmed their loyalty to Prince Doran since he shared his secrets with them. They have both been given extremely important tasks that gives them the opportunity to avenge their father and bring glory to Dorne. Nym will bring Myrcella to KL and take her place on the small council. Aegon is Arianne's duty. The thing to look for is whether Mace, with Kevan dead and Myrcella back in hand, is stupid enough to double-cross the Dornish.

The thing to look for is whether Mace, with Kevan dead and Myrcella back in hand, is stupid enough to double-cross the Dornish.

I think the Sandsnakes are the end of the Tyrells:

-Nym will out-maneuver Mace, maybe condemn Marge

-Tyene becomes the Faith's champion if Marge's trial goes to battle and seal her fate

And let's not forget Sarella...that girl's got a bright future :P

-Tyene becomes the Faith's champion if Marge's trial goes to battle and seal her fate

1. Mace as Hand of the King and defacto ruler of the realm is calling the shots and the entire small council, save for Nym, will be entirely made up of Tyrell stooges. Any votes will be 7 to 1.

2. I don't see Tyene as a fighter per se. Her skill is in stealth and her innocent demeanor. Her mission is to turn the Faith and make the High Septon an ally.

3. Sarella is all the way in Oldtown with her own plans.

1. Mace as Hand of the King and defacto ruler of the realm is calling the shots and the entire small council, save for Nym, will be entirely made up of Tyrell stooges. Any votes will be 7 to 1.

2. I don't see Tyene as a fighter per se. Her skill is in stealth and her innocent demeanor. Her mission is to turn the Faith and make the High Septon an ally.

3. Sarella is all the way in Oldtown with her own plans.

I don't think Nym will be useless on the council, otherwise why send her there? And theres no way to state with certainty that votes will be 7 to 1.

All of the Sandsnakes are painted as deadly, in one way or another. GRRM is meticulous in his description of them this way. If you don't see her as a fighter, cool. I do. I think it would be a cool twist.

I know Sarella is in Oldtown. But she's a Sandsnake, and I just thought I'd mention her. They're all up to something devious.

GRrM has also played up the Martell-Tyrell feud too much for Nym and Tyene to just sit idly by while the Tyrells run everything. Sh*t is going to hit the fan when they get to KL.

All of the Sandsnakes are painted as deadly, in one way or another. GRRM is meticulous in his description of them this way. If you don't see her as a fighter, cool. I do. I think it would be a cool twist.

Tyene is not a fighter though. She works with poison and seduction. So far as I can tell the only Sand Snake with any actual expertise in open combat is Obara. Not to mention the fact that the High Septon would never want a woman as his champion, he's clearly a misogynist.

The Golden Company does not control the whole Stormlands, yes, but I don't see how 200 Dornishmen can evade them if they pass through the Stormlands.

The Tyrell marching on Storm's End will have to march through the King's Wood. It's the same way the party from Dorne will have to take. I don't see how Lady Nym can arrive there before any or all of this is going to happen. For instance, if she were to get the news about Ser Kevan's death before she reached the capital, she really should carefully consider her options. Especially if she gets the news about Aegon at about the same time. The Sand Snakes don't know anything about Quentyn and Daenerys, but they do know that Arianne and Doran have set a plot in motion. Nym might think Aegon is this plot.

And Mace Tyrell is going to seize all the power in KL now that Kevan's dead. He already has all the legal power as Hand of the King. Nym would be in an uncomfortable position on the Small Council. Pycelle and Kevan are dead, the only Lannister crony left on the council is Ser Harys Swyft. To counter the Tyrell policies Nym would have to vote with Ser Harys, who is not her friend, either, and even then she and Ser Harys would face the votes of Lord Randyll and Mace. And the latter should have the final say in any matter as he speaks with the Kings' Voice.

Handing over Myrcella to her family is one thing. But to deliver her to the Tyrells is a different thing altogether, and as things stand now Myrcella would not be delivered to House Lannister but to House Tyrell.

Only Cersei has opted for trial by combat. Margaery will be tried in a court of law. Tyene won't become the Faith's champion unless she wishes to fight Cersei's champion. She might be chosen to sit in judgment on Margaery, though - which, I think, suits her better.

Archived