Zimmerman Trial: Closing arguments and Deliberation

Sci-2

I hope for the manslaughter charge to stick. If not for Zimmerman provoking the entire thing from the beginning, this trial would not be happening. His uneccessary overreactions facilitated the whole tragedy.

Assumes so many things.... :headslamsintodesk:

I think that there is ample evidence in this case to convict on at least the manslaughter charge and a no-guilty verdict would be a great travesty of justice.

Guess we'll have to wait to see if all the legal wankery over the strength and weakness of prosecution/defense gonna pan out in the end.

I think that there is ample evidence in this case to convict on at least the manslaughter charge and a no-guilty verdict would be a great travesty of justice.

Guess we'll have to wait to see if all the legal wankery over the strength and weakness of prosecution/defense gonna pan out in the end.

Sorry I was referring to the murder charge specifically. I'm not 100% sure how manslaughter works.

I hope for the manslaughter charge to stick. If not for Zimmerman provoking the entire thing from the beginning, this trial would not be happening. His uneccessary overreactions facilitated the whole tragedy.

Assumes so many things.... :headslamsintodesk:

What things are assumed in Bale's statement? Zimmerman did provoke the entire thing by stepping outside of his car to follow Martin on foot.

To my very biased mind, he killed that kid the second he did that. Doesn't matter what happened afterward. The only reason he would have been justified in pulling out a gun and killing Martin is if Martin also had a weapon. Starting a fight - and Zimmerman did start the fight the second he got out of his car - and then getting your ass kicked is not cause to kill someone.

maybe but who in this thread isn't {biased ?}

heyyo right here.

That is why there is evidence that has to be examined and the law which has to be followed. You have no idea what Martin's voice sounded like, but made a statement that the scream was obviously his. Now you know why I don't trust juries.

Yet you have enough confidence that the result will be an acquittal?

What things are assumed in Bale's statement? Zimmerman did provoke the entire thing by stepping outside of his car to follow Martin on foot.

To my very biased mind, he killed that kid the second he did that. Doesn't matter what happened afterward. The only reason he would have been justified in pulling out a gun and killing Martin is if Martin also had a weapon. Starting a fight - and Zimmerman did start the fight the second he got out of his car - and then getting your ass kicked is not cause to kill someone.

Specifically, the bit about provocation and overreaction. The judge denied the State's request to include a jury instruction about Zimmerman provoking Martin. Moreover, stepping out of your vehicle is not a provocation, nor did that action kill Martin, literally or figuratively. That is absolutely crazy.

Specifically, the bit about provocation and overreaction. The judge denied the State's request to include a jury instruction about Zimmerman provoking Martin. Moreover, stepping out of your vehicle is not a provocation, nor did that action kill Martin, literally or figuratively. That is absolutely crazy.

In your mind, maybe. In my mind, when you follow someone in your car that you don't know but already view as a "fucking punk", then get out of your car to follow that "fucking punk" on foot because "they always get away" then you don't have the best of intentions. Especially when the "fucking punk" who "always get away" ends up dead a few minutes later.

Lets get into your specifics too. He provoked Martin by following him, that's fairly clear from the telephone call with Jentel even if you discount everything else she said. Martin knew he was being followed and that the person who was following him stopped his car to get out and follow him on foot. As far as overreaction? I'm fairly certain that pulling out a gun and shooting him to death because he punched you in the face is kind of a major overreaction.

So you go on thinking that's absolutely crazy. I'll go on thinking George Zimmerman is a murderous piece of shit who deserves to be brought to justice. If not by the Florida court system, then by someone on the street. And yes, I readily admit my moral failing in that.

I disagree. The idea that he killed him by getting out of his car is a little melodramatic, don't you think? Are you telling me that Zimmerman had the intention of killing him when he stepped out, or was he merely trying to keep an eye on someone he thought might be an issue?

I wonder what world some of you guys/gals live in, or your backgrounds. If someone is walking around my neighborhood, the place where my kid plays in the street, the place my wife parks her car, the place where I lay my head, and I'm not comfortable with how i feel about that. I'm going to see what the hell is going on. I do it all the time. If something looks out of place, or it's a kid (black white or otherwise) that I don't recognize, I ask them what's up. See if they know someone on the block.

So no, I don't think that he got out of that car with the intention of killing someone. I know many of you here are anti conflict, and stray more to the passive aggressive/non confrontational side of things, so maybe that taints your opinions, but the fucking guy (zimmerman) wasn't doing much wrong in my opinion.

In your mind, maybe. In my mind, when you follow someone in your car that you don't know but already view as a "fucking punk", then get out of your car to follow that "fucking punk" on foot because "they always get away" then you don't have the best of intentions. Especially when the "fucking punk" who "always get away" ends up dead a few minutes later.

Lets get into your specifics too. He provoked Martin by following him, that's fairly clear from the telephone call with Jentel even if you discount everything else she said. Martin knew he was being followed and that the person who was following him stopped his car to get out and follow him on foot. As far as overreaction? I'm fairly certain that pulling out a gun and shooting him to death because he punched you in the face is kind of a major overreaction.

So you go on thinking that's absolutely crazy. I'll go on thinking George Zimmerman is a murderous piece of shit who deserves to be brought to justice. If not by the Florida court system, then by someone on the street. And yes, I readily admit my moral failing in that.

This coupled with Zimmerman going against the sound advice of the 911 operator to not follow him. Tells me he had bad intentions all along.

And really, where was the 'fucking punk' going to get away too? oh yea- his home... In the very same plan.

I disagree. The idea that he killed him by getting out of his car is a little melodramatic, don't you think? Are you telling me that Zimmerman had the intention of killing him when he stepped out, or was he merely trying to keep an eye on someone he thought might be an issue?

I wonder what world some of you guys/gals live in, or your backgrounds. If someone is walking around my neighborhood, the place where my kid plays in the street, the place my wife parks her car, the place where I lay my head, and I'm not comfortable with how i feel about that. I'm going to see what the hell is going on. I do it all the time. If something looks out of place, or it's a kid (black white or otherwise) that I don't recognize, I ask them what's up. See if they know someone on the block.

So no, I don't think that he got out of that car with the intention of killing someone. I know many of you here are anti conflict, and stray more to the passive aggressive/non confrontational side of things, so maybe that taints your opinions, but the fucking guy (zimmerman) wasn't doing much wrong in my opinion.

And that's your opinion. You're entitled to it, just as I'm entitled to mine.

You're also entitled to live in paranoia that the great strange other is going to come for you or your kids or your wife's car. I prefer not to live my life in fear that someone I don't recognize on my street (and I live on a cul-de-sac in a very quiet neighborhood) is out to harm me and mine.

Did Zimmerman get out of his car thinking he would kill Martin? No, but I do believe he was intent on confronting Martin. His language on the 911 call speaks of frustration and anger; he really wanted to get that fucking punk so that he didn't get away like all the others. That's why he got out of his car. Getting out of the car to keep track of the kid is made ultimately laughable when you look at the map of the neighborhood this happened in. There were only two places Martin could have gone when he left the street to get away from Zimmerman following him in his car: in between the two buildings or to the other street. It doesn't take a sleuth to figure that one out.

Zimmerman is a murderer.

Listen peterbound,

How do you feel about some guy who started stalking your kid first by car and then on foot at night while your kid is walking home?

Can't really say I'd have issue with it, if Dylan was stalking around a neighborhood he didn't really live in.

A neighborhood that did have a crime problem.

Ya, wouldn't have a problem with that.

Can't really say I'd have issue with it, if Dylan was stalking around a neighborhood he didn't really live in.

A neighborhood that did have a crime problem.

Ya, wouldn't have a problem with that.

No? Good to where you stand on that. I'm unsure what you mean about stalking a neighborhood he didn't really live in given that Martin was living with his dad at the time.

But anywho, how would you feel if young Dylan felt threatened and decided to confront the stalker though?

Archived