Zimmerman Trial: Closing arguments and Deliberation

Sci-2

This comment is wrong on so many levels. If the police didn't continuously racially profile people, which is illegal in most jurisdictions, the media wouldn't have a field day every time some yuppy misses his clan rally and kills someone.

I thought you weren't coming back.

Way to stick to your guns.

Congratulations! You've won the prize for stupidest thing said so far today in this thread!

But don't worry, it's only on page three. Someone is sure to come along and steal that trophy away from you before day's end.

Please, you stole that crown two threads ago. We're all just gunning for the title at this point.

No? Good to where you stand on that. I'm unsure what you mean about stalking a neighborhood he didn't really live in given that Martin was living with his dad at the time.

But anywho, how would you feel if young Dylan felt threatened and decided to confront the stalker though?

Peterbound,

Any comment or response?

Dylan would have had a gun.

What if Dylan was shot to death anyhow, despite being armed? How would you feel about that?

ETA: I notice that you have tacitly conceded that Dylan was entirely justified to confront the stalker yeah, with any mean necessary?

You might want to rewrite how you stated that.

I think I have made my stance on the matter well known.

Dylan would have had a gun.

eta: or better yet. He would have done what any law abiding citizen would have done. Called 911.

Yea because history has shown us just how well that works for not only adolescent black males but for for teenagers in general... :rolleyes:

What if Dylan was shot to death anyhow, despite being armed? How would you feel about that?

ETA: I notice that you have tacitly conceded that Dylan was entirely justified to confront the stalker yeah, with any mean necessary?

negs.

Here is how it goes.

I'm a good parent. Dylan wouldn't have been walking around without someone with him. He would have know that if someone was following him, he would call 911. Also, he lives in a good neighborhood. I worked my ass off, my wife worked her ass off so we could live in a good neighborhood. He wouldn't have to deal with this shit.

I'm mind-boggled by some of the sentiments I've seen that being black was an advantage to Martin or white was a disadvantage to Zimmerman, in the court of public opinion. The lost-privilege resentment oozing out of some of you...

Yeah, I don't get the "no one cares about white people being killed" accusation. Is there a similar case with a white kid being killed that didn't get at least some press?

Now, I do think the media exacerbated the situation with that edited 911 call, but not sure without that and the photos of Martin as a child there would be that much focus on this case.

negs.

Here is how it goes.

I'm a good parent. Dylan wouldn't have been walking around without someone with him. He would have know that if someone was following him, he would call 911. Also, he lives in a good neighborhood. I worked my ass off, my wife worked her ass off so we could live in a good neighborhood. He wouldn't have to deal with this shit.

So basically, this shit couldn't and wouldn't happen to you/dylan/your family.

Got it loud and clear, peterbound.

You know, a lot of this argument hinges on your canonization of Trayvon. I'm not sure the kid was all that great to begin with, nor am I all that sure that he wasn't looking in houses, and that we wasn't us to some shit. If you believe that he was just 'walking home' i could see how you might believe it, and in your world the victim, especially when he / she is a minority is always innocent.. so i get your argument, i'm just not sure you're on the right track.

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!!! :grouphug:

Take the pissing contests to PM - whatever you think of Zimmerman and Martin, one's life is ruined regardless of the jury decision and one will unfortunately never take another breath.

Archived