That POV character you could care less about

jeffklm

I'm curious, did anyone truly dislike Tyrion before the end of Storm? I personally haven't meet anyone who expressed a particular dislike of Tyrion before they read either the end of Storm or Dance.

I still love the character of Tyrion, I enjoyed his Dance chapters, poetic and slow like a Mississippi or Mekong ride and when they were painful to read it was necessary for Tyrion's development as character.

There is music im them, sorry no one can hear it

I still love the character of Tyrion, I enjoyed his Dance chapters, poetic and slow like a Mississippi or Mekong ride and when they were painful to read it was necessary for Tyrion's development as character.

There is music im them, sorry no one can hear it

I know...I could hear iambic pentameter in every "where the whores go?"

sorry couldn't resist it :)

Wow, I like all the POV characters. Areo Hotah is probably the least liked only because he's very obviously just a way for us to see what's happening in Dorne, which I guess is important but would be better if he had a personality. The Damphair too, but that's probably because I don't care what's happening in the Iron Islands and I hate Greyjoys.

First group is largely related to bad/lack of plot in povs:

Dany- mostly talking about ADWD

Hotah

Second Group is largely POVs of characters I find boring/ not interesting insights:

Damphair

Sansa- she has some interesting chapters, but that is largely because she is around some of the most interesting characters/plotting in the books. I find her to be a like a normal person of similar age which I understand the point of it but it doesn't make it any more fun for me to read

• 3 weeks later...

I find it amazing that there isn't even one point of view that somebody doesn't hate (though I didn't see Melissandre's name mentioned, but she only had one chapter IIRC, and I haven't read all 23 pages of comments.)

Conclusion: these books must suck. (/snark)

Ha! With all these people skipping chapters, it's difficult to conclude otherwise.

I can understand not liking certain characters, but why even bother reading the book, if you're just going to skip a chunk of it? That's a piece of the ASOIAF world and the overall story that you're missing out.

Tough question. Brienne was the most boring but they also had interesting things (ninepenny kings, gravedigger). Sam's was also bad but it seems that there is something big happening there. Dany's chapters in book 5 seemed like filler but she had interesting chapters earlier (esp. in book 1).

I will say though that Quentyn's chapters were uninteresting. I couldn't care less about him, though we did learn about the tattered prince through him and Archibald Yronwood seemed like a badass.

Archived