Is the queen of thorns sexist?

E-Ro

Not sexist towards women, but sexist towards men. These quotes really make me wonder about this.

That seems extremely extremely sexist and highly offensive to me. Anyway, what are everyone elses thoughts on this?

Yes, she is obviously sexist but I'm not sure why you let it get to you. As for people trying to sanitize her remarks by saying she dislikes stupid people, just because she doesnt like suffering fools, male or female, does NOT mean she has an inherent dislike of males.

The characters in the series are human and they'll have unique flaws, one of them might be sexism or ageism, or some other type of ism.

Yeah as others have said, these "stop whining"(@the fallen and daarios man) comments are pretty useless and unproductive. I don't see how asking a valid question qualifies as whining, but ok brahs.

Anyway, regardless of how the qot feels about men, I still like her and think shes funny. I was just wondering how others felt about this, or even if anyone put any thought into this at all.

That just seethes with female superiority, doesn't it! Sisterhood is powerful! Down with patriarchy! WOMYN! WOMYN!!!!!

:laugh: ok, this really made me laugh.

Alas, I am sadly out of that age cohort and have only the vaguest knowledge of what tumblr is.

It's like a really bad version of Facebook or Myspace. A lot of Tumblr pages are infested with these whiny, hateful woman who embrace some mutated form of Feminism, sometimes calling for the castration of all men.

what, so women are here to amuse you? are we just your toys and playthings?!?!??!

(WOMYN!!! WOMYN!!!?!)

:fencing:

I am so totally not making you a sandwich.

Relax sista, I've tamed that one.

Poor E-ro, your forays into gender studies are so controversial.

It's like a really bad version of Facebook or Myspace. A lot of Tumblr pages are infested with these whiny, hateful woman who embrace some mutated form of Feminism, sometimes calling for the castration of all men.

Well, I think calling for the castration all men is a little excessive.

No sane feminist calls for the castration of all men-just the ugly ones.

That's why i called what they believe a mutated version of Feminism. They seem to forget that Feminism is supposed to be about Gender Equality, not feminine superiority.

Her views towards men seem more like a manifestation of her frustration at the treatment of women. But really, the Queen of Thorns thinks of everyone badly. She's rude and nasty, and totally flaw free. :bowdown:

But even if she did hold negative views exclusively about men... who cares? She can't do anything with those views, unlike the male characters whose negative views on women directly reinforce gender stereotypes and oppression.

+1

and the stupid ones *stares sinisterly at E-Ro* (I kid~ props on a great thread that really had me rethinking my initial position!)

what, so women are here to amuse you? are we just your toys and playthings?!?!??!

(WOMYN!!! WOMYN!!!?!)

:fencing:

I am so totally not making you a sandwich.

Once again, LOL, thanks for the laughs.

Relax sista, I've tamed that one.

Poor E-ro, your forays into gender studies are so controversial.

oops.

Now now, leave E-Ro alone, he's a nice guy... :P

Do you volunteer as tribute? :devil:

*sharpens her castration scissors*

I use tumblr and I thought it was just a place to post photographs of pink teacups, black dresses, and kittens (no seriously) ... I sound like such a stereotype *headdesk*

Archived