Small questions v.10010

Angalin

Wow, that is quite an observation. :bowdown:

About Septa Lemore: I have only seen anagrams that have been used as jokes, as in "Oh, Septa Lemore is an anagram for 'a temple rose', that must mean she is obviously Lyanna (rose) who became a septa (temple)" and "Oh, Septa Lemore is an anagram for 'eloper's mate', so it's obviously Rhaegar's bride" stuff like that. That's why I haven't paid close attention to them, but if you google search you'll probably find something.

By the way, I have missed one serious anagram that occurs in the books:

Abel = Bael

Both are kings beyond the wall who come to Winterfell in disguise to steal the young maiden. Too many similarities for it to be a coincidence, even if it's only 4 letters.

maybey they are the same^^

i am fond of numbers and letters

and no, i dont think, it is quite an obs. ;)

hi there,

i didnt find a thread dealing with anagrams.

only anagrams so far i know are for gregor clegane and sarella

are there more known?

thx

ill onion (Davos) is lion lion. I cant imagine that means anything

What's Gregor Clegane?

Im getting George E. Glance but that doesnt move me.

when i was searching "anagram" at this site, i found gorger for gregor.

just wanted to show, that i didnt find s.th. useful through the search function

what is it for septa lemore?

meteor pales ?

maybey i dont get the obvious ones for septa lemore

due to english not being my mothertongue

There was a thread for voting on the identity of Septa Lemore that degenerated into silly anagrams, I looked for the link but couldn't find it. My contribution was: I am Lemore=Mellario me. Silly, no?

That was a joke wittingly commenting on Lannister's wealth.

If you ever hear of a man who truly shits gold, let me know, I have a job for him :P

Little known fact, but pure gold is practically completely resistant to metabolisation. If they just eat enough of it, everyone will shit gold.

(Disclaimer: Never eat gold salts. It's only the metallic form that's harmless, and is indeed approved in the EU as a food additive.)

Little known fact, but pure gold is practically completely resistant to metabolisation. If they just eat enough of it, everyone will shit gold.

(Disclaimer: Never eat gold salts. It's only the metallic form that's harmless, and is indeed approved in the EU as a food additive.)

Yes but if you can afford to eat it why not just keep it and save your insides the trouble. :)

Have we ever found out if Tywin really shits gold?

You mean literally? No. But I think what "Tywin Lannister shits gold" really means in a not literal sense is that whatever Tywin does , it bears good fruits. So whenever he collects his rewards, he and his house get even richer. Not sure if he's a great businessman but he sure is a great administrator - the Oprah Winfrey of Westeros. The "Tywin did not in the end shits gold" is just Tyrion's way of insulting his father 'coz he belittles him all the time.

Anyway, asoiaf is a fantasy and things that are not possible in our world are possible in their world. So if Mel can give birth shadowbabies from her vajayjay, Tywin then can possibly poop gold from his bumhole (though he never had a pov to prove this) :P. Also there was a theory that he was poisoned. Maybe that's why he pooped stinky brown poo instead of gold!

I've seen a few people claim that GRRM has said he would never write a POV character being raped in this series (or words to that effect). Does anyone have a source for this?

Is... this relevant to something? Additionally, it doesn't mean that a POV character wouldn't/couldn't get raped just that the character won't be in POV while it's happening.

Have we ever found out if Tywin really shits gold?

Maybe he drinks a log of Goldschlager?

Spoiler

Goldschlager-gbg.jpg

Archived