If Joffrey found the truth about his parents?

Frey Kings

It depends on when and how he found out. 1) If he observed it himself (and I'm a little surprised that none of the children did) he would have run straight to Robert and Jaime and Cersei would have been executed. If (and it's a big if) Robert continued to accept the children, Joff may have been sent to Ned for fostering for a bit. 2) If anyone else told him prior to his reaching adulthood (as actually happened), I think he would have been in denial and had the person who told him executed in a painful manner. 3) If he was told after he reached adulthood, and could understand relationships better, he would believe it, but publicly deny. He would probably not execute Jaime and Cersei but would freeze them out of power, perhaps sending at least one of them back to Casterly Rock.

Oh yes, I'm sure. Then he could realise his folly with Sansa, apologise and promise to treat her as any true knight would, and they all live happily ever after.

Certainly, and he likely would have had Cersei punished too.

Yeah, he seems to care about his mother and that's pretty odd for Joffrey. He would have punished her for sure, but never killed her as he most certainly would with Jaime.

He seemed to suspect it anyway. He killed all the bastards. He chopped Ned's head off to shut him up even though he knew it endangered Jaime, the hostage - a bonus from Joffrey's point of view.

He seemed to suspect it anyway. He killed all the bastards. He chopped Ned's head off to shut him up even though he knew it endangered Jaime, the hostage - a bonus from Joffrey's point of view.

Cersei killed Robert's bastards and he killed Ned, because Ned was Robert's best friend and betrayed him the moment he died.

Joffrey despite not being close with his father, worshiped him and was very close with his mother. He would probably put all the blame on Jaime and have him executed.

Archived