U.S. Politics - knowing me knowing you, a-haaa

TerraPrime

That's a possibility. The other possibility is that he's a fucking biblethumping Jesus freak and people like you will find justifications for it to vote for him anyway.

Could be. The reason I like him is his pro-gun, anti-Michael Bloomberg stance.

BTW, how the hell is a guy who wants to throw people in jail for having certain kinds of sex a libertarian? Or do I misunderstand that term?

I'm not saying Cuccinelli is a Libertarian by any means. But, decriminalizing marijuana is a step in the right direction.

I'd like to see the government stop regulating what adults do with their own bodies, whether it's sex, or drugs, or not buying health insurance.

Anti-war

Pro drug legalization

Repeal of the 16th amendment

Elimination of the Depts. of Enegry, Health and Human Services, Education, Transportation, a few others.

Ending Farm Subsidies

Ending all subsidies

Repeal of the National Firearms Act and the Hughes Amendment

Ending all foreign aid

Closure of all foreign military bases

You must be mistaken on this Tormund. I've never had cause to question your libertarian bona fides before, but I've been told by Reliable Sources that drug testing for welfare, the Bush tax cuts, and school vouchers are libertarian positions.

That's hardly fair TN given that for GOP to enact a policy they are in favour of, they need to control both chambers in a bicameral legislative body. Name one state where the GOP have been in control of both chambers sometime during the past five years.

Ummm, seriously?

Republicans have constantly controlled both legislative cambers of:

Arizona since 1966. They've also had the Governor's mansion most recently since 2009 and 16 of the past 22 years.

Florida since 1996. Governor's mansion since 1999.

Georgia since 2005. Governors mansion since 2003.

Idaho since 1962. Governors mansion since 1995.

Indiana since early 2000s (can't find exact date right now). Governors mansion since 2005.

Kansas since 1990 (except for 3 two-year terms, Republicans have held both since 1861). Mansion only since 2011, surprisingly, but quite often before that.

Louisiana since 2008. Mansion since 2008.

North Dakota since 1995. Mansion since 1993.

Oklahoma since 2005. Mansion only since 2011.

South Carolina since 2001 (I think). Mansion since 2003.

South Dakota since 1975. Mansion since 1979.

Texas since 2003. Mansion since 1994.

Utah since 1978. Mansion since 1985.

Wyoming since 1890 (aka always). Mansion only since 2011.

That's quite a few states where Republicans have had total legislative control for a while, as well as the Governors' mansions. And then there's the states where Republicans have only had the legislature since 2011 (which I didn't list here) as well as states where they did have the legislature but lost it in 2013 (only Minnesota, New Hampshire, and Maine I believe).

Stag, you've been calling people silly, unserious, disingenuous, facile, whatever. I'm tired of it. Let's make a deal: I'll stop replying to your posts and you'll keep your opinions of me to yourself. Deal?

Whatever floats your boat.

Anti-war

Pro drug legalization

Repeal of the 16th amendment

Elimination of the Depts. of Enegry, Health and Human Services, Education, Transportation, a few others.

Ending Farm Subsidies

Ending all subsidies

Repeal of the National Firearms Act and the Hughes Amendment

Ending all foreign aid

Closure of all foreign military bases

Shall I continue?

Fucks sake guys, there are one or two actual libertarians on this board. Don't try to lump me in with your republican (or democrat) bullshit.

Right, and there haven't been republicans and democrats that have advocated repealing the 16th amendment, legalizing drugs, cutting off foreign aid, closing foreign military bases, or ending DoE.

I think he can read minds. It's how he knows what is secretly in the hearts of Republican politicians and is so very sure of the motivations of everyone arguing with him. After all, he inferred from my loathing of the Republican Party that I secretly think the Democrats can do no wrong.

Dear NSA, you can drop the expensive surveillance programs. Stag Country has the all-encompassing knowledge you seek.

No. I inferred from your complete and total lack of criticism directed at any democratic policy and your utter refusal to admit that Obama has continued Bush era policies as a sign that you think Democrats can do no wrong. That doesn't make me a mind reader.....only observant of your posting habits. If you've been on this board before and actually been critical of a democratic policy I'll retract the assertion, though a link to such confirmation might be nice.

Right, and there haven't been republicans and democrats that have advocated repealing the 16th amendment, legalizing drugs, cutting off foreign aid, closing foreign military bases, or ending DoE.

Yes, but you specifically said that these items were on party platforms. It's pretty much the opposite.

And union busting.

Libertarians support the right to unionize. We simply don't think that anyone should be forced to join (or not join) a union by law, or that employers should be forced to hire (or not hire) union workers by law. It should all be handled voluntarily.

Ummm, seriously?

Republicans have constantly controlled both legislative cambers of:

Arizona since 1966. They've also had the Governor's mansion most recently since 2009 and 16 of the past 22 years.

Florida since 1996. Governor's mansion since 1999.

Georgia since 2005. Governors mansion since 2003.

Idaho since 1962. Governors mansion since 1995.

Indiana since early 2000s (can't find exact date right now). Governors mansion since 2005.

Kansas since 1990 (except for 3 two-year terms, Republicans have held both since 1861). Mansion only since 2011, surprisingly, but quite often before that.

Louisiana since 2008. Mansion since 2008.

North Dakota since 1995. Mansion since 1993.

Oklahoma since 2005. Mansion only since 2011.

South Carolina since 2001 (I think). Mansion since 2003.

South Dakota since 1975. Mansion since 1979.

Texas since 2003. Mansion since 1994.

Utah since 1978. Mansion since 1985.

Wyoming since 1890 (aka always). Mansion only since 2011.

That's quite a few states where Republicans have had total legislative control for a while, as well as the Governors' mansions. And then there's the states where Republicans have only had the legislature since 2011 (which I didn't list here) as well as states where they did have the legislature but lost it in 2013 (only Minnesota, New Hampshire, and Maine I believe).

I assumed he was being factitious.

No. I inferred from your complete and total lack of criticism directed at any democratic policy and your utter refusal to admit that Obama has continued Bush era policies as a sign that you think Democrats can do no wrong. That doesn't make me a mind reader.....only observant of your posting habits. If you've been on this board before and actually been critical of a democratic policy I'll retract the assertion, though a link to such confirmation might be nice.

No, you took my disagreement with the "Obama is a carbon copy of Bush" statement to mean that I love everything Obama does. You've said that repeatedly. You may have noticed I haven't defended Obama in the NSA threads, and in fact said in the beginning of this thread I believed that if the government has the capability to spy on people, they'll use it, laws notwithstanding.

I do actually have a number of links to times where I've criticized the Democrats for being stooges for corporations, and for being abysmal on civil liberties. But I'm not going to link them, because the last time I posted links and quotes at you, you just ignored one and bullshitted away the other. Holy fuck dude, I even said in the last US Politics thread, where you started these arguments with me, that the Democrats and Republicans are both selling us out to corporations, but the Republicans will also sell us out to McJesus too. You responded to that post but you apparently ignored anything I said except whatever confirmed your unthinking biases against the caricature of me that you've created.

You lack understanding of nuance and you make constant logical fallacies. You argue in bad faith. You take criticism of one party to mean unreserved admiration for the other. So no, I'm not going to cooperate with your request for proof of my disappointment with Democrats. Because it wouldn't do any fucking good. You'll find some other bullshit reason to ignore or invalidate it, because you are never wrong.

Hey, here's a deal, find me a link where you admitted you were wrong about something, and I'll show you where I was critical of Democrats.

ETA: And find me the post where I refused to admit that Obama has continued Bush policies.

Yes, but you specifically said that these items were on party platforms. It's pretty much the opposite.

Fair enough. They are not, in fact, on the platforms, they are however positions that are advocated by members of both parties.

So, there fixed it:

There aren't too many policies by libertarians that aren't advocated by one of the main parties, in some way or form.

Lol, this "no true libertarian!" spat is rather amusing.

Stagcountry, you seem like a pretty solid libertarian to me.

The funny part is that I don't even agree with all of their positions (particularly the environment, capital punishment, and their stance on guns), I actually consider myself a fiscally conservative democrat (somewhat of an oxymoron), I just don't see how anyone can argue that republicans haven't been influenced by libertarian ideals.

Wait...you live in Virginia and are supportive of a candidate because he doesn't like the current mayor of New York City? Am I missing something here?

As it says in my profile: "Likes: Soft Drinks, Cigarettes, Gun Rights. Dislikes: Michael Bloomberg."

Bloomberg is a plague on all of humanity, using his vast wealth in a vain attempt to destroy Freedom. Unfortunately, his malevolent influence extends far beyond NYC. He sent the NYPD, which he describes as his own "private army", as far afield as Yemen.

I'm assuming that you aren't a member of the NRA and therefore don't read The American Rifleman. If you did, you would know that Bloomberg and his ilk are sworn enemies of Freedom loving gun-owners.

As it says in my profile: "Likes: Soft Drinks, Cigarettes, Gun Rights. Dislikes: Michael Bloomberg."

Bloomberg is a plague on all of humanity, using his vast wealth in a vain attempt to destroy Freedom. Unfortunately, his malevolent influence extends far beyond NYC. He sent the NYPD, which he describes as his own "private army", as far afield as Yemen.

I'm assuming that you aren't a member of the NRA and therefore don't read The American Rifleman. If you did, you would know that Bloomberg and his ilk are sworn enemies of Freedom loving gun-owners.

Wait, you claim Bloomberg sent the NYPD to Yemen? I've not heard that one before, can you provide a link from a not-wholly-crackpot source?

This explains alot. Where else would someone not even from NY get an unfounded and irrational hatred of a NY Mayor strong enough for it to seem relevant to a Virginia governor's race.

This explains alot. Where else would someone not even from NY get an unfounded and irrational hatred of a NY Mayor strong enough for it to seem relevant to a Virginia governor's race.

In fairness, Bloomberg did in fact send a bunch of people to various states (VA included) in order to commit felony straw purchases of firearms and received no penalty for it.

Archived