Small Questions v 10011

Stubby

first time ive heard of the jojen being butchered one. wow where does that come from?

First let me warn that this is a controversial theory, in the sense that many people hate it with a vengeance and others, while not hating it, just don't believe it. In a nutshell it goes: Jojen was sacrificed and Bran unknowlingly ate parts of him to awaken his abilities.

It's based on the idea that a) human sacrifice was an element of the old gods religion, b) Bran gets fed a paste with red stuff in it, possibly containing blood (if you don't believe the theory, then weirwood sap is a perfectly plausible alternative explanation though), c) Jojen can't be found, d) Jojen has been depressed for a while, sensing knowing what's coming, e) Jojen, who always claims "this is not the day I die" seems to see his doom, is said unwilling to fight his fate, f) when Meera taks to him about Bran, Jojen exclaims "He's not

the one who should be afraid", implying that someone else is, g) it would be deliciously creepy.

Well, at least that's what some people think. If they're wrong, they will get disproven towards the very beginning of TWOW.

Edit: Ninja'd by the Dornishman's wife...

December 3. If you're interested there's a link to a preview chapter here:

http://www.tor.com/s...-martin-excerpt

Speaking of which - did anyone else notice the clue that a Targaryen woman married one of the Arryn lords sometime prior to the Dance?

Edit: This is what I'm talking about:

"The ancient master of coin, who had served King Viserys for his entire reign, and his father Jaehaerys the Old King before him, reminded the council that Rhaenyra was older than her brothers and had more Targaryen blood..."

First let me warn that this is a controversial theory, in the sense that many people hate it with a vengeance and others, while not hating it, just don't believe it. In a nutshell it goes: Jojen was sacrificed and Bran unknowlingly ate parts of him to awaken his abilities.

It's based on the idea that a) human sacrifice was an element of the old gods religion, b) Bran gets fed a paste with red stuff in it, possibly containing blood (if you don't believe the theory, then weirwood sap is a perfectly plausible alternative explanation though), c) Jojen can't be found, d) Jojen has been depressed for a while, sensing knowing what's coming, e) Jojen, who always claims "this is not the day I die" seems to see his doom, is said unwilling to fight his fate, f) when Meera taks to him about Bran, Jojen exclaims "He's not

the one who should be afraid", implying that someone else is, g) it would be deliciously creepy.

Well, at least that's what some people think. If they're wrong, they will get disproven towards the very beginning of TWOW.

one of the reasons I love asoiaf is no matter how much I dislike a character or a theory if its as interesting as this one I love it, new ones blow my mind i'l search for some threads on this topic thanks

Edit: Ninja'd by the Dornishman's wife...

Speaking of which - did anyone else notice the clue that a Targaryen woman married one of the Arryn lords sometime prior to the Dance?

Edit: This is what I'm talking about:

"The ancient master of coin, who had served King Viserys for his entire reign, and his father Jaehaerys the Old King before him, reminded the council that Rhaenyra was older than her brothers and had more Targaryen blood..."

Yes! Can't wait to see what that's all about :)

thank you for your explanation , forero

now i see the paradox to our idea of time and causaliy, if

bran would exactly do that

maybey thats why martin created that special environment

resp. circumstances the greenseer is located, like the changes of his body

thus it is not practically possible, because the greenseer is fixed to that cave

So whoever marries Gatehouse Ami is the new lord of Castle Darry? Does he also take the name Darry or does the Darry name just get absorbed into the new lords house?

AFAIK the castle was granted to Lannisters, the Ami marriage was just to ease the process (commonfolks would accept a half-Darry lord better and there would be no pretenders claiming their "right")

Is it true that Dany doesn't get sick because of her Targaryen bloodline? I read somewhere saying that Tyrion doesn't get the greyscale for the same reason (cause he is a secret Targ).

Some Targs have died during the so-called Great Spring Sickness (killed by the sickness, in case it wasn't obvious), so no, they are not immune to diseases (at least not to all of them). Dany thinks so because Vyseris told her and Vyseris is... not a reliable source when it comes to Targaryens (or RR, but that is irrelevant)

This may be answered in the books, but I haven't read them in ages and forget.

Why did Littlefinger want Joffrey dead, and why did he help have him killed?

We know LF had plans to get Sansa to the Vale, but surely there was a simpler way for him to do this then having the King killed. It seems like having Joffrey on the throne would be best for LF, as he was a rather incompetent and difficult to control king. Tommen on the other hand is just a figurehead, who more able-people can control. Say what you want about Cersei, but I think she is a better ruler than Joffrey would have been.

The only answer I can think of is that he wanted to create tension between the Lannisters and Tyrells. Also, he gained favour with the QoT

I think you answered your own question. Some people have theorized Tywin was behind the plot.

Is it true that Dany doesn't get sick because of her Targaryen bloodline? I read somewhere saying that Tyrion doesn't get the greyscale for the same reason (cause he is a secret Targ).

Targaryens do get sick that's why some of them get mad. Not sure how to get the greyscale coz JonCon got it but Tyrion and maybe the rest of their company in their ship didn't get it either.

Targaryens do get sick that's why some of them get mad. Not sure how to get the greyscale coz JonCon got it but Tyrion and maybe the rest of their company in their ship didn't get it either.

I've always assumed greyscale is like a real-world infection. Some people seem to have a stronger immunity to it that others. I'm guessing GRRM had in mind leprosy when inventing greyscale, which is how I would think of it in terms of it's infectious risk and behaviour.

(Edited for grammar)

I have run a thread on this before and the general consensus is we don't know. It was considered the highest honor to be knighted by the Crown Prince, but there is no reason given anywhere as to how the Mountain got that honor.

Thanks mindchap, appreciated. Always makes me wonder what he done to deserve the honour from Rhaegar.

I've always assumed greyscale is like a real-world infection. Some people seem to have a stronger immunity to it that others. I'm guessing GRRM had in mind leprosy when inventing greyscale, which is how I would think of it in terms of it's infectious risk and behaviour.

Yeah that's the thing about greyscale. We don't know yet the cause (bacterial or viral if it's like a real-world infection) and the transmission of this disease.

Dragons are fire made flesh...then what are Ice dragons? Ice dragons don't breath fire, but they are dragons.

They are dragons which breath are very cold according to Jon while remembering Old Nan's story. In case you don't know, there was a sea dragon too in the Iron Islands during the Age of Heroes. I wonder if it breathes water :P.

Archived