Dating 4.0 Everyone is crazy. I am Spock.

Lily Valley

What's a good way to have the necessary conversation where you have a first date, personalities mesh well, but you aren't attracted? Or do people just not follow up at all then? But that seems mean.

What's a good way to have the necessary conversation where you have a first date, personalities mesh well, but you aren't attracted? Or do people just not follow up at all then? But that seems mean.

My rule of thumb: natural kiss (or more) on 1st date - follow up later (establish expectation who will / when). No kiss, don't follow up. If she follows up, either give it a second a chance if you feel like it, or just explain that you didn't feel attraction. But usually both people feel it well together, and noone follows up. Exception to this would be daytime first dates where kissing is rare. Then just do whatever you feel like.

Jesus christ! Guy #1 sounds like a proper twat. Glad you gave him the boot! Alllll the luck for your next date! :D

I guess I can share my story here - yesterday I survived my first experience with the boyfriend's family, without the boyfriend there. It was his sister's hen do (the wedding is in less than 2 weeks, eek!), so of course there were a lot of ladies from his family there. Luckily I know a couple of the girls there, and the honorary bloke was one of my best friends, and overall I'm feeling good about the experience. I had a great night, and I don't think I gave anyone a bad impression of myself. And today, his mum said she'd like to meet my mum! I think that can wait for a bit though, we're not too far off being together for a year, but I still think it's a bit soon for that :laugh:

So being white and having swagger is dog shit. Not really sure who your talking to, granted Biebs kind of sucks, but it's the whole judging people by the color of their skin. I forget what do they call that?

What are you talking about you loon?

Oh and guy #2 has texted me every day since our first date, including photo montages lol and we've made fake plans to vacation together.. And I'm no longer upset about being relegated to Sunday for a date since it became clear he had his kids this weekend like I did :)

Wish me lots of luck!!!!

Wednesday Sunday Time can still be Business Time. Guy #1 sounds like a goon, good on ya for giving him the heave-ho. Yelling at one's date (and son) in a grocery...damn. :(

DAMN Mandy! What a tool. I hate private arguments. A public argument at the grocery store?? Good Riddance. Hope you're having fun today. It's a good sign he's got his kids and is putting dating second to them.

Pushy coffee date man stood me up yesterday. I got an apology message about traffic. Twaddle.

Stood you up as in just plain no-showed, and didn't message til later? Christ.

Tell me about it. This is one reason I schedule these first dates at a location convenient to where I run my errands. I've been to one where the gentleman pretended he wasn't himself. I recognized him from his picture and he denied himself.

Ini,

If all you've gotten was douchey messages, you're ahead of the game. When you figure out how to have that, "You're nice, but I'm not attracted to you," conversation, send me a copy of the script. I've gotta have one of those. Blech.

I think I'm going to go with, "I don't think we're a good fit."

"Hey, you seem like a really nice guy/girl and you certianly are attractive. However, I am afraid I am not sensing enough chemistry from our interactions to really keep things going. I wish you the best of luck in finding someone more compatible with you. Take care!"

"Hey, you seem like a really nice guy/girl and you certianly are attractive. However, I am afraid I am not sensing enough chemistry from our interactions to really keep things going. I wish you the best of luck in finding someone more compatible with you. Take care!"

Copied and pasted. In the bizzarro world of internet dating, I suppose it's fine to send these things via mail. After all, it's fine to ask for a date via mail. I'm catching up.

Edit: Two fellows I dated once or twice and gave a thanks, but no thanks speech to have sent me, "neener neener neener I see you're back on here," messages in the last 24 hours since I re-activated my account. Have they no pride?

People are crazy. FFS, why am I still trying this out.

Copied and pasted. In the bizzarro world of internet dating, I suppose it's fine to send these things via mail. After all, it's fine to ask for a date via mail. I'm catching up.

Edit: Two fellows I dated once or twice and gave a thanks, but no thanks speech to have sent me, "neener neener neener I see you're back on here," messages in the last 24 hours since I re-activated my account. Have they no pride?

People are crazy. FFS, why am I still trying this out.

I got messages like those when I "quit" the Board for a couple weeks. Because no, people here do not have much pride. ;)

Not to tempt fate, but I'm kind of shocked that I've never been stood up for a date with someone I met online. I've been on a lot of these at this point, and the worst that's happened is that she's been 15 minutes late following various apologetic text messages.

Not to tempt fate, but I'm kind of shocked that I've never been stood up for a date with someone I met online. I've been on a lot of these at this point, and the worst that's happened is that she's been 15 minutes late following various apologetic text messages.

If that's more than 3 dates like that, then you have just broken all odds of online dating, far as I know. :P

Seriously lucky. I just got this message, "I once had a bizarre argument during a solar eclipse with a friend of a friend, science conspiracy wise."

That's the whole message. My profile does mention both the sun and science.

The follow up was immediate, it said, "Sorry, lunar eclipse. He asked what one was, and when I explained any piece of it, he'd just say "But how do you REALLY know that's what's happening." And then check his cell phone."

Is a greeting too much to ask for? The mind boggles.

Edit: Trying to figure out where to put (sic) in the quoted message and giving up.

Seriously. I just got this message, "I once had a bizarre argument during a solar eclipse with a friend of a friend, science conspiracy wise."

That's the whole message. My profile does mention both the sun and science.

The follow up was immediate, it said, "Sorry, lunar eclipse. He asked what one was, and when I explained any piece of it, he'd just say "But how do you REALLY know that's what's happening." And then check his cell phone."

Is, a greeting too much to ask for? The mind boggles.

That's more or less how I start conversations with friends. I often eschew greetings. However, I think greetings are prudent until one becomes accustomed to the relationship.

I had a girl show up 2 hours late, sending a profusion of messages along the way, ensuring me that she was en route, etc. I admit to being somewhat put off by her tardiness, but at least she didn't stand me up until the fourth strictly-theoretical-as-it-turns-out date.

That's more or less how I start conversations with friends. I often eschew greetings. However, I think greetings are prudent until one becomes accustomed to the relationship.

I had a girl show up 2 hours late, sending a profusion of messages along the way, ensuring me that she was en route, etc. I admit to being somewhat put off by her tardiness, but at least she didn't stand me up until the fourth strictly-theoretical-as-it-turns-out date.

Did she show up drunk? At least that would have been entertaining and possibly worth the wait.

Archived