tywin vs stannis

tito5601

Stannis isn't a hypocrite and sleeps with whores.

I give him that he doesn't sleep with whores, but he is a bit hypocritical. Crimes other people do are bad, but when he does them it's called justice. That of course doesn't mean he has some qualities like persistence, he is just man, never forgets treason... He is not that bad...

well, for one, Tywin was never a king, and nor did he want to or try to be one.

Onto the main question, Tywin was a better tactician and player of the game by far, evidenced by the fact that Stannis never won the throne, and when he came closest, he was thwarted by Tywin, and even after Tywin died, Stannis isn't any closer to the Iron Throne.

First, Tywin is never outspoken against sleeping with whores, he's only concerned with image and flaunting the fact that you sleep with whores, which he never does.

Second, Stannis, the man who wants to shut down all the brothels in KL, is an adulterer sleeping with a foreign red priestess.

ETA

To answer the OP's question, they do have some similarites. I would say Tywin is the better politician, while Stannis is the better military commander / tactician. I would also say both are grey characters, though Tywin is certainly a much darker shade, with the defining difference being that Stannis is a man of honor while Tywin has none.

are they pretty much the same character? who is the better tactitian , who is more fit to be king regardless of who has the right to sit the iron throne and also how are they different

Tywin instigated a mass rape of a woman, and Stannis gelds rapists. Yeah, they're totally the same brah. One stands for justice and the other stands for whatever gets him more power.

Like most people, Stannis IS a hypocrite.

Also, Tywin is the better administrator and politician, and would be a better king.

Stannis on the other hand, is morally the better man, and is a better tactician if his reputation holds to be true.

Tywin ruled the realm very well as Aerys hand, until Aerys went batshit crazy.

I think Tywin has a better understanding of politics/marriages/etc..., while Stannis is a better military tactician. However, both are very ruthless when it comes to loyalty and would rule with an iron fist.

By default you have to say Stannis is the better strategist and tactician, since Tywin did not participate in the Rebellion except to sack King's Landing and only has crushing the reynes to his credit. Surprising Stannis on the blackwater is noteworthy..but striking with the tyrells robs him of claiming the victory as his own.

Stannis has defeated the Iron Fleet, withstood a siege for more than a year, and saved the Wall from being breached. Of the three, only storm's end did he accomplish with external aid. Out of Tywin's accomplishments, only the Reynes did he dispatch without a 3rd party assisting him in some fashion.

Tywin instigated a mass rape of a woman, and Stannis gelds rapists. Yeah, they're totally the same brah. One stands for justice and the other stands for whatever gets him more power.

Tywin also has a strong sense of family while Stannis hates his family and is willing to kill his brother for more power... oh I mean 'justice'...

Tywin also has a strong sense of family while Stannis hates his family and is willing to kill his brother for more power... oh I mean 'justice'...

Are you serious? Tyrion has something to say about this.

Second, Stannis, the man who wants to shut down all the brothels in KL, is an adulterer sleeping with a foreign red priestess.

If Selyse was my wife, I'd sleep with Mel too. That's not adultery, that's common sense.

Tywin is way tougher than Stannis. Stannis couldn't even look in Asha's face because he was too shy!

Stannis is mired in snow banks 10+ feet high in freezing Winter...in the North...about to engage in battle.

Tywin couldn't even live through taking a shit in his privy chamber.

Archived