In your opinion, what was the saddest and what was the happiest moment of the whole series?

nillingar

Nothing in the series has impact like the RW, but that's almost beyond sadness; there is also horror and shock there. I think the saddest things are the little introspective moments. One really sad one is arya when she is with the bwb thinking about how cat wouldn't know her or love her anymore so she starts trying to straighten out her hair.

Happiest ... Maybe Jon finding ghost and then becoming LC.

Novels: Saddest, Red Wedding

Happiest, "Stick them with the pointy end" Jon giving Arya her first needlepoint lesson.

Novellas:

D&E Spoiler:

Saddest, Baelor, no need to say more.

Happiest, Plumm telling Dunk the story of Walder catching his sister making the two-backed beast. Still makes me smile just thinking about it. :)

Saddest: Brienne's face being eaten. Thought that was the end for her, and would have been such an awful way to die, so gruesome and undignified lying there in the mud. Plus, if she had died she would have failed on her mission.

Happiest: In retrospect probably any time that the Stark children interacted with each other or with Ned. At the time, maybe Tyrion and Bronn walking out of The Vale as free men.

Saddest: the Red Wedding :crying: Arya and Cat's PoVs killed me

Happiest: when the Starks were all together and they were happy :)

Also I really liked when Edmure and Roslin first met. She was sweeter than he could ever hope for, and he was kinder than she could ever dream of :love:

Archived