The official like button appreciation thread

Kittykatknits

The purpose for this thread is for us all to celebrate and remember the like button, that wonderful rectangle in the bottom corner of every post. I miss the like button, sure hope it comes back some day. I used to get frustrated when my daily allowance of likes ran out and then get excited every time I received a notification for a newly liked post. The like button was a great form of instant communication, a way to say "I agree" or "Great post!".

Anyone else want to express their appreciation for the lost but never forgotten like button?

See? This is why we need the like button.

Blah, I fucking hated it. Fucking /hated/ it. It's so goddam impersonal. Can't you just type a reply in saying how much you like it? Wouldn't that mean more to the person posting it? Tell them you like the fucking shit they wrote. leave that like button shit for the book of faces. We're better than that here.

Blah, I fucking hated it. Fucking /hated/ it. It's so goddam impersonal. Can't you just type a reply in saying how much you like it? Wouldn't that mean more to the person posting it? Tell them you like the fucking shit they wrote. leave that like button shit for the book of faces. We're better than that here.

I kind of agree. Any future like buttons need strict limitations (I am looking at you Fragile Bird).

Archived