Crackpot Theory: Power in Jon's blood?

Alayne's Shadow.

If Jon is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, that said, the heir to the IT from the Targaryen claim, wouldn't his blood have "King's blood?" Wouldn't Melisandre and Stannis try to use his blood to further their own agenda?

Considering that Jon does not die, or he comes back in some way, and Howland Reed reveals that he's the son of R+L, wouldn't Stannis take advantage of the bastard LC? After all, he couldn't kill Mance or his son, nor Edric Storm. Wouldn't Jon's blood have as much power as the previous in the Lord of Light's eyes? And why wouldn't Stannis and Melisandre try that?

I'm not sure if that's already out there, but It seemed very possible to me while reading ADWD. I mean, he plans on sacrificing Theon...

Honestly, I find the king's blood concept to be fishy, to put it mildly. What exactly does qualify as being "king's blood"? Valyrian ancestry? Subordinates proclaiming the person in question to be king? Actually sitting the throne?

That does not mean that Melisandre won't try anyway, though

My personal pet crackpot theory is that Mel will find out about Jon's parentage and then resurrect him/save him in the aftermath of the Ides of Marsh in order to either form a new shadow assassin or to have him sacrificed at a specific time.

I hope that Mel attempts to make use of Jon's blood, but that her attempts will backfire [pun intended], especially since the Targ blood is associated with "fire" and "dragons". I'd prefer Jon's resurrection or revival to be at the hands of Bran, the wizard and greenseer whose powers will surpass the limitations BR imposes on them in ADwD.

Here's all of the mentions of King's blood fwiw:

“A king’s blood. Only a king’s blood can wake the stone dragon.”

“The Lord of Light cherishes the innocent. There is no sacrifice more precious. From his king’s blood and his untainted fire, a dragon shall be born.”

"There is power in a king’s blood, she says."

"She’ll still be for the fire, her and her king’s blood. There’s power in king’s blood, the red woman used to say."

I'm also leery of the idea of king's blood, given that just about everyone in any major family in Westeros has king's blood in them somewhere. We have also seen non-king's blood do some incredible things, like Mirri's blood sacrifice. On the other hand, there was loads of king's blood at Summerhall, and nothing. So that suggests to me that there's something else going on there, maybe even a mistranslation or a misreading.

If Melisandre knew that Jon had King's blood she would use him for some magic agenda of hers.

As for the King's blood ritual. I think there is a quote 'Two kings to wake the dragon. The father first and then the son, so both die kings." I think Melisandre's plan was to sacrifice Mance and his son. Since Jon's father is not around, maybe he is slightly safer.

Dany's husband, Khal Drogo and their son, Rhaego both died around the time she hatched her dragons. So maybe there is something important in that prophecy.

I think king's blood is just another Melisandre's bs. Why could I not just capture some random peasant, crown him king of the spot he is standing on and enjoy power of king's blood? I think that one of messages of the story is how little the fancy lineages actually mean, and honestly, Melisandre has never been right in anything so far.

I think king's blood is just another Melisandre's bs. Why could I not just capture some random peasant, crown him king of the spot he is standing on and enjoy power of king's blood? I think that one of messages of the story is how little the fancy lineages actually mean, and honestly, Melisandre has never been right in anything so far.

I think that's a little too negative ... :bs:

I'm also leery of the idea of king's blood, given that just about everyone in any major family in Westeros has king's blood in them somewhere. We have also seen non-king's blood do some incredible things, like Mirri's blood sacrifice. On the other hand, there was loads of king's blood at Summerhall, and nothing. So that suggests to me that there's something else going on there, maybe even a mistranslation or a misreading.

does the wife of a king have 'kings blood'? Jons observation of Queen Selyse; A word from melisandre and she would walk into the fire willingly, embrace it like a lover

I think that's a little too negative ... :bs:

I meant no offense to Melisandre or her fans, I honestly can't think of instance where she was right in some important matter (visions like the death of the kings don't count, because they are things she saw, not her opinions). If you prove me wrong, I will stand corrected

If Melisandre knew that Jon had King's blood she would use him for some magic agenda of hers.

As for the King's blood ritual. I think there is a quote 'Two kings to wake the dragon. The father first and then the son, so both die kings." I think Melisandre's plan was to sacrifice Mance and his son. Since Jon's father is not around, maybe he is slightly safer.

Dany's husband, Khal Drogo and their son, Rhaego both died around the time she hatched her dragons. So maybe there is something important in that prophecy.

I think that Rhaego died prior to Drogo, so was never a king.

Archived