Only Westeros kingdom without a PoV..

Overlord of Skagos

GRRM did not say no new POV chapters, just no new POV characters from people we haven't met before, which AFFC and ADWD did way too much (Arys Oakheart being the worst example). I do think that Loras will become a POV character in WoW, since I feel pretty confident Loras is not dying at Dragonstone and is off doing something else.

The Samwell PoV chapters might supply more insight into the inner workings of the Tyrells and the Reach depending on what exactly happens. If not that, then there is the possibility that Jon Connington will move into the Reach and capture Highgarden while campaigning for Aegon and hold Willas and Olenna as hostages.

I highly doubt Aegon will do that. He wants the Tyrells to come over to his side on their own free will. What better way than eradicating the Ironborn from the Reach?

It baffles me that we have an Areo POV, an Aeron POV, a Quentyn POV, and an Aerys POV, and not a Queen of Thorns POV. This here is a sin in my opinion.

QoT is a character I think is left best being outside of her own mind. I'd rather see her in the mind of other members of the Tyrell clan. Aside from Margeary, I feel pretty confident that all the other members of House Tyrell hate her, with Mace being called an idiot, Willas likely being called a cripple, and Loras being called a sword-swallower.

I shouldn't mind a Margaery or QoT POV. But I think Highgarden and the Reach represent a sort of Shangri La--a land of peace and plenty which stays as far from action as it can. Yes, the Tyrells are players in the Game, and Mace is a warleader, but they seem more like outliers--like Sweden and Switzerland during WWII. If GRRM is ever going to finish the series, he certainly doesn't need to be adding Tyrell POVs.

I think we could get a Loras POV in a prologue or epilogue if a Dragon actually does come alive in Dragonstone (and kills Loras). I feel like we aren't done with Dragonstone yet.

We are not even sure if Loras is actually in Dragonstone or injured at all,might be that he is sent to highgarden secretly to gather forces to defeat Ironborn.

I think if we ever get an epilogue or prologue from one of the Tyrells, it will most likely be Leo Tyrell in Oldtown, follows the pattern in prologues we've seen so far

AGoT-Wall/North of wall

ACoK-Maester Creesan(Oldtown trained)

ASoS-Chett Wall/North of wall

AFFC-Pate Oldtown

ADWD-Varymyr-North of wall

TWOW- Leo Tyrell,Oldtown????

He could probably meet any other Tyrells,have some secrets about Tyrell family revealed and then die of course.

The reason we don't have a POV from the Tyrell camp is that there is something about their agenda GRRM doesn't want to tell us yet. If QOT ever dies, I hope she gets a prologue or epilogue so we can hear her thoughts first.

Even if there was, do you think that Loras would know about that? I'm rather inclined to believe that he really thought that Sansa poisoned Joffrey.

We know they are not unlike the Freys when it comes to always choosing the winning side..be it RR or Wo5K or even Aegon's conquest originally.

That's not really true, they declared for Aerys during RR. When it was clear Robert had won, they bent the knee, and were forgiven.

I also think a Tyrell POV is neccessary, no matter what GRRM said about "No more POVs" (actually he said "no more new character POVs as in "people we haven't even heard about yet like" "Aero" "Quentyn") and think Olenna is actually the most likely (unfortunately she's is my least favorite Tyrell). I would love GRRM to troll fandom and make it Mace though.

• 4 months later...

The only kingdom (including the riverlands and crownlands) not seen in a PoV is the westerlands.

The north is covered by the Starks, the riverlands by Catelyn and Arya, the vale by Catelyn and Sansa (Alayne). The crownlands is covered by Tyrion, eddard, Sansa, Arya, Cersei, Jaime and a host of others. The stormlands is shown by Jon Connington and Catelyn, the Reach by Catelyn and Sam, dorne, by Arriane, Areo and Arys, the iron islands by the greyjoys.

The only kingdom with no PoV characters originating from it is the Vale (arguably Ned counts, since he was fostered there, but he is not a native.

The reach s covered by Sam, so technically it does have a PoV.

..the Tyrells.

I noticed that we've looked into every kingdom through one of the characters.

1.North,Starks- Ned,Cat,Arya,Bran,Jon let us know about the family and the area.

2.Riverlands,Tully- Cat is the representative PoV for Tullys and Riverlands.

3.Vale,Arryn- This was another kingdom for which I had a similar notion . But it is covered very well by Sansa/Alaynne and LF's exposition of the history.Besides,No Arryns of consequence left now.

4.Iron Islands,Greyjoy- Needless to say, Theon,Asha,Victarion and Aeron. Probably most number of PoVs from single family after Starks.

5.Dorne,Martell- Doran and Arianne give us a clear picture of their plans,the way they work and their culture.

6.West,Lannisters-We have not really been shown CR(which we might in future through Cersei). But 3 lannister PoVs Jaime,Tyrion,Cersei..all 3 siblings.So we know the Lannister ideology.

7.Stormlands,Baratheons- This is where I'll make my point..All 3 Baratheon brothers were/are kings and we haven't had a king PoV in the books . But with Aegon taking over now,we have JonCon's PoV for the area.

8.Crownlands,King-This is covered by most of the PoVs from above no particular ruling family .

9.Reach,Tyrells- We have no PoV of Tyrells whatsoever and GRRM did say that there won't be any new PoVs moving ahead.

We have not seen much of the areas through other PoVs either,except Oldtown...No Highgarden,or surrounding lands etc,nor do we have any idea about the ruling family's workings from their own PoV.

From what I have observed, people who do not have PoVs but get major focus from other PoVs are either Kings or big game changers or entirely vanquished. ..Stannis,Robb,Euron,Aegon,Robert ...Littlefinger,Varys,Oberyn...or like Arryns

Does this mean the Tyrells are going to create a huge change in the entire story? Them joining Dany is highly likely but predictable. Or they can possibly take over as the ruling family of Westeros? Last option being, They will be totally removed from the story by other characters, Euron taking over entire Reach and Cersei taking care of Tyrells in KL?

Its mostly speculative, but it is odd that they do not have any PoVs inspite of having major characters with major roles in the story.. Thoughts?

We have a POV in the Reach, now that Sam is at Oldtown. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a bit of a travelogue from him in the next book, and certainly any major events that happen there will be seen through his eyes.

Archived