Cersei Lannister and the more beautiful queen.

Archibald Big Man

Wth? i didn't edited your words. I just copy-paste all your 'higher comprehension level' statements. And those ridiculous comprehensions was your doing.

Ok, show me a quote where I said that all younger women are more beautiful than older women.

Show me a quote where I said that Lysa is uglier than Cat.

How about you answer the question I put forth to you. Are you implying that people don't loose their looks when they age?

How about you tell me what Ned and Brandon, two men in there teens or early twenties have anything to do with what I'm saying.

How about instead of continuing to put forth veiled implications like an ignorant immature child you come out and say what your implying.

How about actually making a point when you dispute something that's said.

I've been reading the books thinking Dany was the younger, more beautiful queen. Why would GRRM make Sansa the queen to take down Cersie?

He doesn't like to make things too obvious or easy to figure out.  And to some extent who is the YMBQ and the valonqar is going to be determined by Cersei's actions.  The fact that she's already done rotten things to Sansa gives Sansa personal reasons to want to take her down.  Dany's only got a family grudge from before she was born.

He doesn't like to make things too obvious or easy to figure out.  And to some extent who is the YMBQ and the valonqar is going to be determined by Cersei's actions.  The fact that she's already done rotten things to Sansa gives Sansa personal reasons to want to take her down...

Yes, I get that. But Cersie's probably done a lot of rotten things to a lot of ladies, that can't mean just any of them can be the YMBQ. Sansa isn't a queen nor has her storyline hinted at her eventually becoming one. I don't see why Dany isn't the YMBQ, she will eventually come to Westeros, and when she does she has to take down Cersie. Sansa on the other hand isn't likely to ascend any throne. GRRM's obviously focusing her on retaking Winterfell with the marriage to Harry Harding and bringing in the Vale to the northen picture. Absolutely nothing to show she'll take revenge on Cersie.

He doesn't like to make things too obvious or easy to figure out.  And to some extent who is the YMBQ and the valonqar is going to be determined by Cersei's actions.  The fact that she's already done rotten things to Sansa gives Sansa personal reasons to want to take her down...

Yes, I get that. But Cersie's probably done a lot of rotten things to a lot of ladies, that can't mean just any of them can be the YMBQ.

Sansa isn't a queen nor has her storyline hinted at her eventually becoming one. I don't see why Dany isn't the YMBQ, she will eventually come to Westeros, and when she does she has to take down Cersie. Sansa on the other hand isn't likely to ascend any throne. GRRM's obviously focusing her on retaking Winterfell with the marriage to Harry Harding and bringing in the Vale to the northen picture. Absolutely nothing to show she'll take revenge on Cersie.

Ok, show me a quote where I said that all younger women are more beautiful than older women.

Show me a quote where I said that Lysa is uglier than Cat.

How about you answer the question I put forth to you. Are you implying that people don't loose their looks when they age?

How about you tell me what Ned and Brandon, two men in there teens or early twenties have anything to do with what I'm saying.

How about instead of continuing to put forth veiled implications like an ignorant immature child you come out and say what your implying.

How about actually making a point when you dispute something that's said.

Duh you don't even read what you post what's wrong with you? Now you're insulting and attacking me bec. of your 'high comprehension levels' being questioned even by urself ughhhhh

Duh you don't even read what you post what's wrong with you? Now you're insulting and attacking me bec. of your 'high comprehension levels' being questioned even by urself ughhhhh

Quite telling, as you've managed to meet zero of the six challenges I put forth to you.

Now you're insulting and attacking me

I have no desire to insult or attack you, I'm only defending myself. You keep misrepresenting me and claiming that I said something that I didn't. If you had misinterpreted what I said that would be fine and understandable, but when I explained myself and clarified what I meant, you continued to insist on your position. This is not a verbal conversation, everything is there to see. If you want to insist on putting words in my mouth, then show me the quote where I said what you are claiming.

Yes, I get that. But Cersie's probably done a lot of rotten things to a lot of ladies, that can't mean just any of them can be the YMBQ.

Sansa isn't a queen nor has her storyline hinted at her eventually becoming one. I don't see why Dany isn't the YMBQ, she will eventually come to Westeros, and when she does she has to take down Cersie. Sansa on the other hand isn't likely to ascend any throne. GRRM's obviously focusing her on retaking Winterfell with the marriage to Harry Harding and bringing in the Vale to the northen picture. Absolutely nothing to show she'll take revenge on Cersie.

Sansa can't marry Harry.  She's married to Tyrion.  What she could do though is get that annulled and marry Aegon, which would make her a queen.  The fact that LF has told her the plan is Harry leads me to think it's not.  Plus when he brings her out for the wedding as Sansa Stark (who is already married) that will stop the wedding.

Arianne is another potential queen for Aegon who might be considered more beautiful than Cersei.  And of course Myrcella will be queen when Tommen dies.

The YMBQ doesn't have to be out for revenge to take everything Cersei holds dear.  Cersei just has to think that's what's going on.

Dany very well could be the YMBQ, and with a dragon she can do pretty much whatever she wants.  It's my opinion that Cersei will be dead before Dany gets to Westeros, but I could be wrong.

Sansa can't marry Harry.  She's married to Tyrion.  What she could do though is get that annulled and marry Aegon, which would make her a queen.  The fact that LF has told her the plan is Harry leads me to think it's not.  Plus when he brings her out for the wedding as Sansa Stark (who is already married) that will stop the wedding.

Arianne is another potential queen for Aegon who might be considered more beautiful than Cersei.  And of course Myrcella will be queen when Tommen dies.

The YMBQ doesn't have to be out for revenge to take everything Cersei holds dear.  Cersei just has to think that's what's going on.

Dany very well could be the YMBQ, and with a dragon she can do pretty much whatever she wants.  It's my opinion that Cersei will be dead before Dany gets to Westeros, but I could be wrong.

I still think it is brienne.
All of the other women can not take Jiame's love from her.
There is a reason she was called "beauty"

The more  beautiful is no one specific.

Maggy's words about that are only fancy words for saying "you'll be a Queen. And then, after your son the Prince is old enough, another one will arrive to be the new Queen. Then, you'll be put aside".

Considering Cersei's power is based on her beauty and even her fertility (that's what Queens are for: to make Princes), her ageing means her doom. Her power came with a limited time. As soon as she popped out an heir, that baby boy was meant to one day choose a new Queen to REPLACE Cersei.

It was never about one girl. It was about Cersei. She could have faced ageing with grace, accepting it, making the process of having a new Queen something that would allow her to be perceived as a great Queen Mother instead. She chose not.

The more  beautiful is no one specific.

Maggy's words about that are only fancy words for saying "you'll be a Queen. And then, after your son the Prince is old enough, another one will arrive to be the new Queen. Then, you'll be put aside".

Considering Cersei's power is based on her beauty and even her fertility (that's what Queens are for: to make Princes), her ageing means her doom. Her power came with a limited time. As soon as she popped out an heir, that baby boy was meant to one day choose a new Queen to REPLACE Cersei.

It was never about one girl. It was about Cersei. She could have faced ageing with grace, accepting it, making the process of having a new Queen something that would allow her to be perceived as a great Queen Mother instead. She chose not.

Very interesting take, I like it. :thumbsup: that's how I interpreted this before seeing all the speculation on who the YMBQ was.

Would that mean that the last eleven pages, and the rest of the threads on this topic were all kinda pointless.;)

I think that this is a way that Cersei has made this a self fulfilling prophecy. It's quite obvious, as with all queens, that one day another will come to replace them. Cercei's obsession with this prophecy has helped lead her down this self destructive path.

I think that this is a way that Cersei has made this a self fulfilling prophecy. It's quite obvious, as with all queens, that one day another will come to replace them. Cercei's obsession with this prophecy has helped lead her down this self destructive path.

I would say "women" rather than "Queens".

Look around. It's sad to see women who excel in their fields but as soon as they hit 40, they need go through surgery or cosmetics in order to look young and pretty so no younger little butt comes and takes away what they worked years to maintain.

I would say "women" rather than "Queens".

Look around. It's sad to see women who excel in their fields but as soon as they hit 40, they need go through surgery or cosmetics in order to look young and pretty so no younger little butt comes and takes away what they worked years to maintain.

Well, with some of the baseless accusations being thrown at me :rolleyes: I may be a little hesitant to bring up the disadvantages of women aging right now. ;)

Cersei is a member of the Royal family. His first oath as a kingsgaurd would be to protect her.
But like he said, whats an oath worth? "They make you swear and swear, one contradicts the other" (paraphrase)

OMG!!! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT???

Hmmm... now ya got me thinking of why his oath as kingsguard to his queen means nothing when he burns Cersei's letter!!!

I mean Brienne hadn't even showed up with news of Sansa so what was his reasoning besides "he couldn't help her if he wanted" (paraphrasing)??? And burning the letter does what exactly unless he really has fallen out of love with his bitch queen...

Jaime completely abandons what should be his FIRST OATH as CAPTAIN of the kingsguard LOL!!! His life for the royal family, the king and or queen(s) especially...

Lol... why would he keep his job if he really doesn't give a shit let alone is unable to do it because of disability?

I think I'd understand it more if Cersei's letter showed up AFTER Brienne did...

I dunno... [emoji845] [emoji53] [emoji845]

OMG!!! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT???

Hmmm... now ya got me thinking of why his oath as kingsguard to his queen means nothing when he burns Cersei's letter!!!

I mean Brienne hadn't even showed up with news of Sansa so what was his reasoning besides "he couldn't help her if he wanted" (paraphrasing)??? And burning the letter does what exactly unless he really has fallen out of love with his bitch queen...

Jaime completely abandons what should be his FIRST OATH as CAPTAIN of the kingsguard LOL!!! His life for the royal family, the king and or queen(s) especially...

Lol... why would he keep his job if he really doesn't give a shit let alone is unable to do it because of disability?

I think I'd understand it more if Cersei's letter showed up AFTER Brienne did...

I dunno... [emoji845] [emoji53] [emoji845]

I don't think he's abandoning his oath, he knows without a doubt they aren't the royal family .

Jamies oath was to Robert and he's dead so is Jamie's oath until there comes another royal.

Huh... I suppose so... I just wish it didn't seem like a pissy ex burning all the pics you took or the notes you passed between classes... since it seems he cares for Tommen at least but for someone who's just started trying to take his vows seriously for once in a very LONG time it still doesn't make any sense to abandon his queen... Does he wish her dead or is he just mad?

I still think it'd be more of an "telling" moment that would've made more sense if the letter came right after Brienne showed up... Especially since he doesn't think at all (correct me if I'm wrong) about "this or that person being the ONE TRUE KING" blah blah blah... Lol!!!

I mean no hate or disrespect though... It's nothing personal : ) ...

I think I need to do a Jaime Reread soon to figure this out!!!

W.O.W. should have a publishing date soon if GRRM's little vague hints actually mean anything on his blog... I hope it isn't just wishful thinking but I dunno why he'd be trying to finish WoW so bad and then mention that he's been "meeting" with publishers if he wasn't done...

I mean he already knows we go over any of his comments with a fine tooth comb right? And it stresses him out! So why after all of his putting other things off to finish WoW before season 6 would he mention "meeting with publishers" and not tell us why???

I pray to the Old Gods that he isn't that cruel!!!

Sorry for digressing...

[emoji5] I may be a lil buzzdrunkED...

[emoji11] [emoji10] [emoji9] [emoji8] <<<< HEY LOOKIE! DUCK FACED SMILEY FACES LMFDAO!!!!

Archived