Cersei Lannister and the more beautiful queen.

Archibald Big Man

She has seen Sansa, not impressed. She has seen Margaery, not impressed.

She had seen a young flat-chested child Sansa. Not even a woman yet. Still a child as Tyrion stated yet more beautiful and compared to Margeary Tyrell who was already a lass of sixteen.

GRRM seldom gives his characters what they want or expect and have them happy with the outcome.  They may get what they wanted and end up unhappy because of it, or get what they didn't expect and find happiness in it.  If there is a happy ending for Arya it would not be out of place for that to come in some flavor of Sansa's dream that Arya never though she wanted.  I don't really see it, at least not in the sense Ned was talking about but it would not be out of character for the way GRRM ends his stories. 

Ned also said how he will tell Sansa someday how she made him see things clearly----but he never had.

Ned also said that wildness took Brandon and Lyanna at a young age....but never realized that honor can also took a man early as applied to himself.

She had seen a young flat-chested child Sansa. Not even a woman yet. Still a child as Tyrion stated yet more beautiful and compared to Margeary Tyrell who was already a lass of sixteen.

Sansa is compared to her mother which doesn't even put her in the conversation. 

The narrative structure (eg Sansa calling her sister "Arya horse-face") and the comparisons drawn (Sansa to Cat vs Arya to Lyanna) point to Sansa not even being he prettiest of the two sisters when they grow up.  Arya would be a possibility if Dany wasn't portrayed as both the most beautiful woman int he world and future queen of Westeros. 

IMHO there's to much being put into the significance of who's more beautiful.

I feel that because "younger" was also included along with the "beautiful" that this is more of general description of the persons at that time. If you take any two people who are considered equal in terms of looks, the younger one will usually be considered more beautiful.

Besides that, a person's opinion on who's more beautiful is very subjective.

Sansa is compared to her mother which doesn't even put her in the conversation. 

The narrative structure (eg Sansa calling her sister "Arya horse-face") and the comparisons drawn (Sansa to Cat vs Arya to Lyanna) point to Sansa not even being he prettiest of the two sisters when they grow up.  Arya would be a possibility if Dany wasn't portrayed as both the most beautiful woman int he world and future queen of Westeros. 

I always think that Catelyn is very beautiful. Petyr Baelish who has an excellent eye on beauty (he eyes prostitutes) fell in love with her after all. It can't be becoz of her 'smart mind' as we know that Cat is not very smart. And it was always said that Sansa will even be more beautiful than Cat. I don't really think that Lyanna is as beautiful as people like to imagine her to be. Rhaegar and Jon seemed to have the same taste in women as Ygritte has a very common face. They don't looks at the physical beauty of a woman but to her inner wildness.

IMHO there's to much being put into the significance of who's more beautiful.

I feel that because "younger" was also included along with the "beautiful" that this is more of general description of the persons at that time. If you take any two people who are considered equal in terms of looks, the younger one will usually be considered more beautiful.

Besides that, a person's opinion on who's more beautiful is very subjective.

Lysa is very beautiful but Catelyn is still prettier than her and she's younger than Cat. Just bec. you're younger doesn't mean you're prettier.

Lysa is very beautiful but Catelyn is still prettier than her and she's younger than Cat. Just bec. you're younger doesn't mean you're prettier.

Actually Lysa is said to have gained weight and lost her looks. Anyway, I didn't say that there isn't exceptions, just that in general, between two people considered equally beautiful, the younger one would be thought of as more beautiful.

I always think that Catelyn is very beautiful. Petyr Baelish who has an excellent eye on beauty (he eyes prostitutes) fell in love with her after all. It can't be becoz of her 'smart mind' as we know that Cat is not very smart. And it was always said that Sansa will even be more beautiful than Cat. I don't really think that Lyanna is as beautiful as people like to imagine her to be. Rhaegar and Jon seemed to have the same taste in women as Ygritte has a very common face. They don't looks at the physical beauty of a woman but to her inner wildness.

I think GRRM like wild and strong woman.
Look at the women the heroes favored in the book: lyanna, arya, ygritte, Val, meera
Look at the women who were not favored or even disliked: cersei, elia, cat, sansa

Actually Lysa is said to have gained weight and lost her looks. Anyway, I didn't say that there isn't exceptions, just that in general, between two people considered equally beautiful, the younger one would be thought of as more beautiful.

So we'll exclude Lysa. um. Brandon is actually 'more beautiful/more handsome' than Eddard.  and Brandon is older than Eddard. Or is your theory only applies on women?

I think that regardless of who was actually the most beautifull(in their prime) doesn't actually matter because all the candidates are considered beautiful in their own right, and all are considerably younger than Cersei, I think any one of them would fit the description in this case.

So we'll exclude Lysa. um. Brandon is actually 'more beautiful/more handsome' than Eddard.  and Brandon is older than Eddard. Or is your theory only applies on women?

I don't even understand what your trying to say here. And no, "my theory" doesn't only apply to women.

ETA: And in fact if you read my post I said people, not women.

I don't understand what your getting at. If your trying to imply something, you should just say it.

What? i thought you said that younger siblings tend to be more beautiful than older siblings??? Isn't that what you implied when you said why Arya will be prettier than Sansa?

I think that regardless of who was actually the most beautifull(in their prime) doesn't actually matter because all the candidates are considered beautiful in their own right, and all are considerably younger than Cersei, I think any one of them would fit the description in this case.

Well Sansa was the only one who was a prime suspect to take 'all that Cersei holds dear'. She will have Jaime's loyalty. The wealth of Casterly Rock as well as being younger and more beautiful. Brienne is also sworn to her, who was also called 'the beauty' .

I would say that not even looks should matter. What if Brienne is the one beautiful? She's not pretty by any standards, but Jaime sees her as such and feel aroused by her.

I would say that not even looks should matter. What if Brienne is the one beautiful? She's not pretty by any standards, but Jaime sees her as such and feel aroused by her.

That's right. maybe not physically pretty but Maggy could also meant that 'prettier' in terms of attitude. And Brienne has a prettier soul than Cersei. 

What? i thought you said that younger siblings tend to be more beautiful than older siblings??? Isn't that what you implied when you said why Arya will be prettier than Sansa?

First of all I never said a thing about Arya. And I never said anything about siblings. And I don't mean that if somebody is a couple of years younger that makes them more beautiful. It is a fact that when a woman or A MAN ages, they loose their looks. If I look at a picture of myself from when I was ten years younger, guess what, I am better looking in the picture. Sansa. Margery, and Danny are all significantly younger than Cercei, who is clearly aging, and loosing her looks.

That's right. maybe not physically pretty but Maggy could also meant that 'prettier' in terms of attitude. And Brienne has a prettier soul than Cersei.

If you would actually read what I post, you would already know that I was the one saying that you were putting to much significance in physical beauty. I don't appreciate you putting forth veiled implications towards me, especially considering that you haven't even read what I actually said.

Queen you shall be ... until there comes someone else, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.

If you make this simple vocabulary change it is clear that that someone else need not be a queen.

No sorry, this sentence is ridiculous. "Someone else" makes no sense in this context. There is a lot of other people that exist all the while Cersei is queen, it's meaningless. Of course a non queen could knock Cersei down, but they couldn't be called "another" or "someone else" it's grammatically and logically not sound. They would have to be called "that person" at least. I know you don't get it... LOL I don't try to be a bitch, let's wait and see, but I know I am right about this.

Archived