Cersei Lannister and the more beautiful queen.

Archibald Big Man

Ok , so the whole Maggy the Frog prophecy about the more beautiful queen taking everything away from Cersei has me pondering on the possibilities on who it could be. Now there's Margaery Tyrell , who is a bit to obvious for me but definitely a possibility. Then there's Dany who I believe is the more popular choice , but I would love it to be Sansa , but the question is what would she become queen of? The North? , The Vale?
Any thoughts on who the more beautiful queen could be? , and how you came to that conclusion :)

I really think these are the only the options.
My money is on Sansa simply because she is already indirectly responsible for (1) the death of Joffrey, (2) the realization of Ned that her children are not Roberts, (3) the murder of her father, albeit only through the fake again of tyrion.

I suppose Arianne is also an option if she marries Aegon.

If the trial of seven happens for Sansa, it could really work the direct end of Cersei when Robert Strong is cart down.

I don't like the Brienne is more beautiful inside argument. This applies to almost everyone on Earthos. The prophesy may just as well have some someone with a nose will take it all away...

Still though I have no idea who it is. This is one of the theories I can't find a reasonable logic to.

Imho, Margaery is too obvious to be the one, and Sansa doesn't seem to fit the part (although it would be poetic justice if she were the one to replace Cersei), so that only leaves Daenerys. Daenerys is a good candidate because she has the power necessary to remove Cersei, and we know that she will eventually come to Westeros. She is also regarded by many as the most beautiful woman in the world. It would also be ironic that the younger queen is someone that Cersei is not suspecting at all and is not even aware of, and that her efforts to prevent the prophecy from coming true have actually led to the chaos that will allow the other queen to take over.

Imho, Margaery is too obvious to be the one, and Sansa doesn't seem to fit the part (although it would be poetic justice if she were the one to replace Cersei), so that only leaves Daenerys. Daenerys is a good candidate because she has the power necessary to remove Cersei, and we know that she will eventually come to Westeros. She is also regarded by many as the most beautiful woman in the world. It would also be ironic that the younger queen is someone that Cersei is not suspecting at all and is not even aware of, and that her efforts to prevent the prophecy from coming true have actually led to the chaos that will allow the other queen to take over.

That is why I think it is Brienne. Dany could be the YMBQ, but it would be exactly what she thinks. Brienne will be someone she won't suspect. All the Brienne the beauty looks to be foreshadowing.

In regards to the debate on whether the one to cast Cersei down has to be a queen or not, I've read this passage over and over and over :bang: and the interpretation that I kept coming up with is that Maggy is referring to another queen.

But... I tried to ask myself, if this line was meant to portray a broader spectrum of candidates, what other word could be used?

The only thing I could come up with was:

"Queen you shall be...until there comes someone else, younger and more beautiful..." :dunno:

This seems kinda awkward to me though, and seems that it could also refer to a queen, leading me to believe that "another" might not necessarily have to be a queen.

I was hoping some of you(perhaps with a better command of language and vocabulary than I) could provide an alternate word, or phrase that could be used here if the intent was to mean other than just a queen.

In regards to the debate on whether the one to cast Cersei down has to be a queen or not, I've read this passage over and over and over :bang: and the interpretation that I kept coming up with is that Maggy is referring to another queen.

But... I tried to ask myself, if this line was meant to portray a broader spectrum of candidates, what other word could be used?

"Queen you shall be...until there comes someone else, younger and more beautiful..." :dunno:

This seems kinda awkward to me though, and seems that it could also refer to a queen, leading me to believe that "another" might not necessarily have to be a queen.

I was hoping some of you(perhaps with a better command of language and vocabulary than I) could provide an alternate word, or phrase that could be used here if the intent was to mean other than just a queen.

The sentence is phrased awkwardly in the first place. If it is changed to "You shall be queen...until there comes another, younger and more beautiful..." it seems clearer to me. I ask myself what is the subject in this sentence and what is the verb. I see the noun as you and verb as be.

The interesting thing about the word another is that it can mean more of the same or something different. Maybe this little scene can illustrate what I mean better than I can explain it.

Kid: That cookie was good, may I have another?

Grandma: Certainly dear. Here have this chocolate chip cookie.

Kid: I don't like chocolate chip cookies, may I have another?

In the first instance the kid is asking for one more of the same. However, in the second instance the kid is asking for something different. So to figure out this conundrum it has to be determined what the "another" is referring back to. I see it as referring back to the "you" and, therefore, not restricting the other individual to being a queen.

bent branch@

Thanks for the great explanation. :thumbsup: Like you said, the sentence is phrased awkwardly to begin with, so it seems that it could mean either. But, I think your right, I'm leaning towards it not being restricted to a queen.

"a maid"?

I really think these are the only the options.
My money is on Sansa simply because she is already indirectly responsible for (1) the death of Joffrey, (2) the realization of Ned that her children are not Roberts, (3) the murder of her father, albeit only through the fake again of tyrion.

I suppose Arianne is also an option if she marries Aegon.

If the trial of seven happens for Sansa, it could really work the direct end of Cersei when Robert Strong is cart down.

Sansa had nothing to do with that one.

Tyrion killed Tywin over his first wife Tysha.  He doesn't even mention Sansa in the scene.

I'm on the Brienne bandwagon. She has replaced Cersei as Jaime's Queen of love and beauty by standing for all the things Jaime wanted to be in his youth. In a way you could say she has cast Cersei down from the pedestal Jaime placed her on. She may come to play a part in removing Cersei's claim to the throne. She has Gendry and Jaime, two people who could reveal Tommen's true heritage (though, not sure if that even matters this late in the game)

It means queen in this sentence.

In the cookie example granny is saying "Have a chocolate chip COOKIE" and kid is saying "I don't like chocolate chip  COOKIES. May I have another COOKIE?

"Another" means another cookie, not another thing of a totally different kind, maybe a car, maybe a shark...

Folowing exactly the same logic Maggy is talking about another queen, not a chocolate chip queen... erm a Cersei kind of queen, no, a younger and more beautiful one.

No other interpretation possible.

Archived