Umm........How many Blackfyre Rebellions?

KingMaekarWasHere

@Lamprey : She was younger then. Back in those days she was known as Hot Nan. :)

But still, Dunk kissed other girls (both highborn and lowborn) too and he never got laid until the end of the Mystery Knight. I think his knight code would not allow him to have children without marriage.

But still, Dunk kissed other girls (both highborn and lowborn) too and he never got laid until the end of the Mystery Knight. I think his knight code would not allow him to have children without marriage.

I don't think there is any prohibition against a knight sticking his wick in the wax.

Ya I am 99.99% positive that the theory that Dunk is the one in Bran's vision is true. And about 99% sure that Old(Hot) Nan is the slender girl kissing Dunk. I am about 75% sure that Dunk knocked up Nan during that visit, which led her to become a wet nurse for House Stark (and provided the big gene which Hodor is from).

All justification for my confidence in those theories is in the Old Nan part of this:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/99021-lords-of-winterfell-stark-timeline/

Ya I am 99.99% positive that the theory that Dunk is the one in Bran's vision is true. And about 99% sure that Old(Hot) Nan is the slender girl kissing Dunk. I am about 75% sure that Dunk knocked up Nan during that visit, which led her to become a wet nurse for House Stark (and provided the big gene which Hodor is from).

All justification for my confidence in those theories is in the Old Nan part of this:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/99021-lords-of-winterfell-stark-timeline/

But Old Nan came to WF as a wetnurse, she didnot become pregnant in Winterfell.

But Old Nan came to WF as a wetnurse, she didnot become pregnant in Winterfell.

Ya that's what I initially assumed, but then I saw the quote again.

"Nan had come to the castle as a wet nurse for a Brandon Stark whose mother had died birthing him. He had been an older brother of Lord Rickard, Bran’s grandfather, or perhaps a younger brother, or a brother to Lord Rickard’s father. Sometimes Old Nan told it one way and sometimes another. In all the stories the little boy died at three of a summer chill, but Old Nan stayed on at Winterfell with her own children."

Nan came to the CASTLE as a wet nurse. Kinda ambiguous, could mean she lived in winter town and then was invited in the main keep when she was needed as a wet nurse. Idk I played with her timeline and this seems to fit.

Don't forget that the Starks would be Bloodraven's cousins, a few generations removed. It's strongly implied in some snippets from the WoIaF that Bloodraven is a great-grandson of Lord Cregan Stark.

Yeah to second what Rhaenys said, what clips are you talking about? The only ones I know of are the topic of this thread and are about Maegor's reign. Naturally they don't mention Bloodraven. Cregan is mentioned in a sidebar about The Dawn Age and the barrows and graves of The North.

Yeah to second what Rhaenys said, what clips are you talking about? The only ones I know of are the topic of this thread and are about Maegor's reign. Naturally they don't mention Bloodraven. Cregan is mentioned in a sidebar about The Dawn Age and the barrows and graves of The North.

It's second hand information for me as well. I picked it up in some threads about the Lords of Winterfell and the history of the North between the Dance of Dragons and the She-Wolves.

It's second hand information for me as well. I picked it up in some threads about the Lords of Winterfell and the history of the North between the Dance of Dragons and the She-Wolves.

As far as I know there have been two readings from The World of Ice and Fire*. one on Aegon's Conquest detailed here, and one on the "Sons of the Dragon" (Aenys and Maegor) detailed here (and in subsequent posts in that thread.) Then we have The Princess and The Queen, but as far as I know the unedited version of that (which would probably be the one to contain information about Cregan) has not been read. I seem to remember reading there's also another lengthy bit of writing by Martin about the Regency of Aegon III and the death of the last of the dragons. That might also feature Cregan but also has not been read to my knowledge. I would love to be corrected.

*Edit:not actually readings from The World of Ice and fire but rather from the source material that Martin wrote for The World of Ice and Fire that will hopefully one day become the GRRMarillion

• 2 weeks later...

"The Sunderlands dragged the Sisters into two of the Blackfyre Rebellions, and we all suffered grievously for that."

Godric Borrell mentions two Blackfyre Rebellions, which made them suffer a lot. They must have been punished by the Arryns. I wonder which were these two Rebellions they participated.

"The Sunderlands dragged the Sisters into two of the Blackfyre Rebellions, and we all suffered grievously for that."

Godric Borrell mentions two Blackfyre Rebellions, which made them suffer a lot. They must have been punished by the Arryns. I wonder which were these two Rebellions they participated.

Neither the second (not spreading beyond Whitewalls) nor the sixth (Ninepenny Kings, all the fighting done was in Essos). Apart from that, who knows?

How did you reach 6 rebellions? I thought the conclusion here was that there had been 5?

The general consensus though is that there was one between the fourth (3rd Yronwood+Bittersteel) and the Wot9pK for thematic reasons so that it will be the 7th that finally has the rightful Targaryen heirs, with Aegon, sitting on the Iron Throne.

How did you reach 6 rebellions? I thought the conclusion here was that there had been 5?

The general consensus though is that there was one between the fourth (3rd Yronwood+Bittersteel) and the Wot9pK for thematic reasons so that it will be the 7th that finally has the rightful Targaryen heirs, with Aegon, sitting on the Iron Throne.

I'm assuming that Wot9pK doesn't really count as a rebellion since from our knowledge, no Westerosi house fought for Maelys.

This. Furthermore, the Wot9PK was never named as a Blackfyre Rebellion.

I posted upthread...

House Yronwood rode with Bittersteel three times. Since Bittersteel did not support the Second Blackfyre Rebellion, there must have been four by the time of Bittersteel's death. And we have at least five with Maelys during the WOT9PK. But one of the Golden Company officers mentioned the others (plural) the followed Bittersteel. Thus there were probably six, which makes sense since there was probably a generation between Daemon and Maelys.

I posted upthread...

House Yronwood rode with Bittersteel three times. Since Bittersteel did not support the Second Blackfyre Rebellion, there must have been four by the time of Bittersteel's death. And we have at least five with Maelys during the WOT9PK. But one of the Golden Company officers mentioned the others (plural) the followed Bittersteel. Thus there were probably six, which makes sense since there was probably a generation between Daemon and Maelys.

Could you (or anyone else) provide the quotes for this?

Bittersteel was born in 171 AC. The first Blackfyre Rebellion took place in 195 AC (see here for references for those two years). The last Blackfyre Rebellion took place in the last few years of Aegon V's reign (so somewhere between 255-259 AC). That would put about 60 years between the first and the last rebellion, and 80 years between Bittersteels birth and the last rebellion.

We know who didn't take part in the second rebellion, and we know that Bittersteel took part in the first rebellion. We also know that Bittersteel took place in at least 3 of the rebellions, which puts the total to 4. Since Bittersteel wasn't mentioned in the War of the Ninepenny Kings (and because he would have been about 80 years old at the time), it makes sense that Bittersteel didn't take part in that rebellion, placing the total at 5.

No hints for a 6th rebellion have been given for as far as I know.

But if you could provide the quote of the GC, that'd be great :)

Archived