GOODKIND IV

Werthead

Richard's statues are like a Dadaist wet dream come true. Present a work of art and start a riot and a revolution. They would have loved the destruction of the statues part.

But our hero beats all artists to date. I don't remember any revolution in Athens when Phidias presented his statue of Athena. Oddly enough Athenians didn't upraise against their altruist democracy that forced them to sacrifice a part of their own freedom for the good of their city.

It's also interesting to note that there was no revolution inside the Catholic Church when Michaelangelo finished the paintings of the Sixtine Chapel. Nor there were any rebelions when Velazquez uncovered Las Meninas or Picasso's Guernica was shown for the first time in 1937 Paris World Exposition.

Of course all of these so called artists lacked Objectivism and therefore should never be considered true artists. None of them would have stood a chance against Richard in a swordfight.

Of course all of these so called artists lacked Objectivism and therefore should never be considered true artists. None of them would have stood a chance against Richard in a swordfight.

When Richard starts to sculpt, he holds up his chisle and says "Blade be true this day." I shit you not. Richards chisle (chisel? chizzle-fo-fizzle?) is a sword.

Richard's statue was immense. Tall, proud and rigid, but also soft. Nicci yearned to stroke Richard's mighty testament to the nobility of the human spirit, to wrap her body around it as tears <naturally> streamed down her face.

Is this an actual quote from the book? How can you be rigid and soft at the same time?

Ah! Perhaps Richard's statue is a testament to his thing, which rises up when he gets angry and kicks little girls in the face.

When Richard starts to sculpt, he holds up his chisle and says "Blade be true this day." I shit you not. Richards chisle (chisel? chizzle-fo-fizzle?) is a sword.

Someone should tell Richard that is not how you should treat your sword.

Is this an actual quote from the book? How can you be rigid and soft at the same time?

Ah! Perhaps Richard's statue is a testament to his thing, whgich rises up when he gets angry and kicks little girls in the face.

Sorry, thats not a quote from the book, just my suggestion for a better description of Richard's...statue.

:rofl:

It's scary how it could easily pass up as Goodkind's work.

Maybe its time for me to consider a career change. If TG can make a mint writing this kind of crap, why can't I?

You might be able to, as long as you convert to objectivism. Except - I don't know that you could bear actually writing 1000s of pages of anything that bad. And then you'd have to compete with the Yearded one.

You might be able to, as long as you convert to objectivism. Except - I don't know that you could bear actually writing 1000s of pages of anything that bad. And then you'd have to compete with the Yearded one.

The money I'd make should be enough to cover the years of psychotherapy I'd require.

Hehe Mad Moose you almost got me on this one. Then I saw you other quote, while good, was fake.

Nice try, but scuplting a world-changing statue with just a sword :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh yeah, good thing Nicci wasn't a girl, other Richard would've kicked her teeth in for her horrible crimes.

Watcher,

Let me clarify. He doesn't actually use his sword to sculpt, he just treats his chisle the same way he treats his sword. The whole "Blade be true this day" is something he says before using each of them. I feel like the boy who cried wolf, or in this case, the Moose who cried Goodkind. Now that I've posted some fake quotes I've lost all credibility.

ah, thanks that concept was even too ridicules even for Goodkind.

Which lead me to think how long does it make to a world changing sculpture?

Not knowing a lot about art and even less about sculptures I looked up the one piece I did know. That would be Michelangelo’s David. You know the nude guy in Italy. Seems it took 3 years to chip away all the unwanted marble.

Michelangelo also has another famous sculpture called Pieta. He got better with that one because it only took him a year to make.

Does Goodkind give any kind of reference of how long Richard stood in this open square crafting his masterpiece for all eyes in this repressive government to see?

He sculpted it indoors, away from the square, so no prying eyes could see the masterpeice before it was finished (although Nicci snuck a peak). It definitely didn't take too long, since the entire novel covers the span of one year. I get the feeling that it took him a few weeks, though it may very well have been a month or so. Richard's special.

Not to mention that this is his first attempt at such a sculpture.

He sculpted it indoors, away from the square, so no prying eyes could see the masterpeice before it was finished (although Nicci snuck a peak). It definitely didn't take too long, since the entire novel covers the span of one year. I get the feeling that it took him a few weeks, though it may very well have been a month or so. Richard's special.

Not to mention that this is his first attempt at such a sculpture.

Don't you understand? Goodkind does not weigh himself down with such petty details as time-scale. The important thing is THE MESSAGE behind the statue, not how long it took Richard to make it. Can't you see that the statue represents the nobility of the human spirit and all that is good in the world? No, I guess you missed that eh? I guess you were too busy trying to destroy and ridicule all that is good to have opened your eyes to it. All you do is attack attack attack with your petty complaints about insignificant details. It took michaelangelo three years to complete David and.....SO what? You cannot measure Richard's abilities based on your own inferior little scale. Richard is a truly noble spirit and can achieve things far greater than to your petty standards.

I guess I've been put in my place. Time scale is definitely petty. Much like distance scale in these books, or how else does it make sense that Kahlan travels from the new world to the old in no time, whereas it took Richard a lot longer. The old world being immense. Time and space have no meaning here.

Ah! Perhaps Richard's statue is a testament to his thing, which rises up when he gets angry and kicks little girls in the face.

Someone should tell Richard that is not how you should treat your sword.

Ah! The statue that isn't a statue is a testament to Richard's thing! I get it now.

Archived