GOODKIND IV

Werthead

I would never have guessed that. Goodkind never fails to surprise. I wonder what the other men were doing?

They were running away, so Richard probably had to stab them in the back. My hero.

Nearly at GK5, although I'm wondering if really the madness should be encouraged any further.

Of course it must! We can't stop now!

We could take a week's break...to gather our strength as it were (or merely divert our energies to GioG for a time.)

NEVER!!!!

Richard was still coming. "Be there one of you who did not vote to sentence the Mother Confessor to death?"

Does anyone actually talk this way? Isn’t Richard a backwoods hick?

Another fine example of Richard’s dedication to law and order and letting reason prevail.

Does anyone actually talk this way? Isn’t Richard a backwoods hick?

I took it as a crappy attempt at making SoT seem more fantasy-like through an attempt at more historical types of English grammar, but in truth, Goodkind fails at even that. What's even more confusing is that he doesn't write fantasy... but he's the Yeard and he doesn't need to make sense [adapting Chapelle's rip of Samuel L. Jackson with the changing of the line 'HAVEN'T YOU SEEN MY MOVIES?! seems incredibly appropriate.]

curiosity led me to take a look at Mystar's home turf - not a very active forum as far as I can tell, but it seems is a core of folk who post regularly.

I was amused to note this in the rules section:

This is a friendly forum dedicated to offering, expressing, exchanging and discussion of ideas, views and opinions. While this is a debate-style forum, it's intended as more of a round-table discussion of debatable topics while more relaxed rules of engagement is applied. Intelligent and thoughtful responses indicating your side of the topic at hand are required. Strictly speaking though, we will not be following the standard forensics platform of debate. Having said that, I’ll qualify my statement. Most people have no idea exactly “how†to debate and wind up aggravated and/or frustrated. So much so they fall prey to a lower standard of reaction and response. All too often, such things as inflammatory and scathing retorts are the result of not thinking your thoughts through. Many times even lowering themselves to such things as applying an ad hominem in a weak attempt to belittle someone or their view. (For those who don't know, ad hominem is an argument against the person, not the debate topic.) Please keep in the forefront of your mind, the value of your posts will always be greater when you can offer cites or other evidence that back-up your points,

but this forum is not intended to be a cite war.

I'm now intreagued as to how Mytar can expect everyone on his forum to do so, while behaving as he does here and elsewhere.

what's the expression I'm looking for?

Geez, if you guys continue to ridicule MyStar in the manor (did I spell that right?) that you do now, he might just fire off another round of email to GRRM complaining about how mean we are to him and his favorite author. We wouldn't want that now would we? So let's all play nice and be extra-gentle to MyStar and his friends. Agree with whatever it is that he says. Henceforth, I propose that we adopt the following guidelines on discussions concerning Mr. Terry Goodkind, blessed be his name:

1. Terry Goodkind does not write fantasy. Therefore, do not entertain the idea of criticizing his work for inconsistencies involved in world creation. Mr. Goodkind, blessed be his name, is not concerned about world creation.

2. You are allowed to say that you dislike the publications by Mr. Goodking, blessed be his name, provided you also admit that your dislike stems from an immature sense of understanding of the world and/or lack of sophistication in understanding basic English (Mr. Goodkind, blessed be his name, writes in basic, and I do mean basic, English, so we are not concerned about your ability to comprehend advanced English involving multiple phrases and otherwise complex sentence structures).

3. If you must make fun of the plots and events in Mr. Goodkind's, blessed be his name, books, then follow it with a disclaimer that you are a mean-spirited person who derides joy out of destroying other people's success. Please be sure to include a line asserting that you have no life for your act of criticizing Mr. Goodkind, blessed be his name, and his writing, on an internet message board.

4. If you are male, you should let your thing rise, and keep a yeard.

5. If you are female, you should look upon your male partner with adoring eyes and worship his rising things. Compliment his yeard. Frequently.

6. Pledge to eradicate the metaphor that is not a metaphor, a.k.a. a chicken that is not a chicken, a.k.a. evil incarnate.

7. For every post you make criticizing Mr. Goodkind's, blessed be hs name, work, initiate a conversation with the noble animals from the Oreamnus genus.

8. Do not antagonize, displease, irritate, confuse, ridicule, disrespect, mock, or challenge MyStar concerning his view on Mr. Goodkind's, blessed be his name, work, or his yard, or his scions, or his family, or his in-law's family, or his in-laws' in-laws, or his neighborhood, or his state, or his work, or his arguments, or, well, you get the idea.

Did mystar actually complain to GRRM himself? That's shocking. Nothing we say or do here is in GRRM's name or even blessing. He doesn't pay for this website, and it is only one of many links off of his.

I guess is what I'm saying is that he should be left out of it. His time need not be wasted with what we internet junkies do.

What old men could ever stand up to Richard and his "thing"? Later on Richard discovers that Kahlans public beheading was an illusion, but at no point does he express any guilt over killing the Councillors who, really, didn't do anything. Of course, as you might notice, Richard doesn't feel guilty about anything, ever.

True. It must be because of his thing, and because he is the best specimen of humanity ever!

what's the expression I'm looking for?

In mystaresque terms, could it be 'sophistry'?

Why is it whenever Ran posts on this thread I get the this imagel of God from Monty Python and Holy Grail popping into my head?

It doesn't happen in any other threads I've seen him post in.

Wierd.

Why is it whenever Ran posts on this thread I get the this imagel of God from Monty Python and Holy Grail popping into my head?

Wierd.

Ran: What are you doing?

Board: Averting our eyes, O Lord.

Ran: Stop that! I hate it when people do that.

If you are taking request for quote of the day I would like to submit Richards speech dissolving the European Midlands in the fight against terrorism.

Remind me on monday if you can. I prefer to take the weekends off.

Wierd.

Whenever I see that he's posted, I think "Oh shit! What did we do? Please don't shut us down!"

Archived