NFL 2013 Week 3 - Oh My God, There's a Fire sale in Cleveland

Howdyphillip

The optimist in me likes to think it is our D. But I will ask this again, have we crowned Kaep too early?

I never crowned him, personally. I've said before that he's not that great a thrower, and I don't know that he reads defenses well. His throws are really fast, sure, but he doesn't seem to be able to put any touch on passes over the middle, or throw his guys out of tight man-coverage.

Yeah, no; I think this is a different game if Davis plays, for example. Not that it would mean an Indy loss, but look at the SF passcatchers today: Boldin, Gore, B. Miller, V. McDonald, K. Hunter. So that's Boldin, 2 RBs, and 2 dudes I've never heard of. That's it, that's the list.

Passcatchers who aren't Boldin have caught 4 balls out of 13 targets (5 of 14 now, after that pass) for 41 yards as of me hitting submit.

ETA: Jesus, Delano just trucked Boldin.

Injured his knee, out for the game, no other information.

Jesus, that was a great hookup from Smith to Holmes. OK catch, but sick throw.

ETA: Bones, that's Da'Norris Searcy, but yes, yes he did.

The true measure of how bad Jacksonville is - Tavaris Jackson is 7-8 with a passing and a rushing TD with the second string offense.

Tavaris is better than most backups (and a number of starters). I'll bet Minnesota would love to have him back right now.

I'm kind of sympathetic to that - I think he's better than advertised - but IDK that he's better than multiple NFL starters. Last year, probably he was.

Man, the Jets have 17 penalties for 153 yards. Yow.

ETA: 18 for 158 now. Completely fucking ridiculous. They're at home!

Archived