Small Questions v 10016

Stubby

SSM here. GRRM alluded to it.

That's tricky though. I read that SSM and thought oh wow that means all the DoD 1.0 forshadowing is definitely going to be played out. But then I thoug ht maybe Martin just considers any power struggle among Targaryen descendants as a DoD.

It's worth noting, though, how dragons weren't friendly at all towards Quentyn, who has more dragon blood than Brown Ben. Or how, during Dance of Dragons, dragon devoured Rhaenyra Targaryen (obviously her blood didn't help her).

As was stated somewhere on this forum, dragons aren't paternity test.

Then Tyrion was a good guesser

I know, but my question is that this seams to happen even before Roberts death. Davos is a Stannis man altough he should be under Renlys liege. Futher more, I dont know how Stannis could give Davos lands in Cape Wrath if he was not never lord of SE.

Household knights belong to the household. Renly never had Davos in his service. He was from KL and saw a chance to make some $$ by smuggling through to Dragonstone. Stannis made him a knight and a lord. He was never beholden to Robert or Renly or anyone else except that Robert was the king.

Was the Lady of Spears worshiped only by Unsullied or by other eunuchs too?

I read it as unsullied only - her other titles aside from 'spears' are battle related also. The alter that was refered to, seemed to me, specifically regard those training for unsullied who have had the chop and burn. We know theres (i think 1500 IIRC) half trained unsullied amidst the freedmen, and we dont see them worshipping a god or bathing/purifying themselves.

1. Cersei acknowledges that highborn girls may lose their maidenheads to horse riding, yet when Margaery and her cousins are discovered without intact maidenheads, nobody seems to bring up this possibility. Why?

2. Do we know whether Margaery really was sleeping with somebody? Was requesting moon tea from Pycelle a trick to dupe Cersei?

3. When Tywin was discovered with Shae, Cersei was surprised because she thought Tywin didn't see whores. Is there any significance to this?

4. What are the laws on rape in Westeros? How is it that Roose Bolton can openly admit to having raped Ramsay's mother with no consequences when other rapists must choose between the wall or castration? Are they (as I assume) basically only applied when a highborn woman is the accuser and/or when a lowborn man is the accused?

Is the Azor Ahai Reborn prophecy exclusive to R'hllor? I.e., is it a religious prophecy?

I think so, its exclusive in-as-much as we know - the question is - is the prince who was promised, or even the story of the last hero - really a different telling of the same 'hero'?

BTW as far as I can tell, AA prophesies are all from Asshai.

I think so, its exclusive in-as-much as we know - the question is - is the prince who was promised, or even the story of the last hero - really a different telling of the same 'hero'?

Both Aemon and Melisandre use PTWP & AAR interchangeably so there is no doubt that the two are one. I think the Last Hero is a legend as opposed to a prophecy.

Both Aemon and Melisandre use PTWP & AAR interchangeably so there is no doubt that the two are one. I think the Last Hero is a legend as opposed to a prophecy.

You guys are clutch.

One more, wouldn't it stand to reason, then, that AAR will be an adherent of R'hllor (like how the Christian religion believes Jesus will come back to defeat the antichrist and set the world aright)?

You guys are clutch.

One more, wouldn't it stand to reason, then, that AAR will be an adherent of R'hllor (like how the Christian religion believes Jesus will come back to defeat the antichrist and set the world aright)?

I would say it's not necessarily so. There's no actual link to say that either the original or the new AA will have similar beliefs. R'hllor is a worship of fire, and it's their interpretation that a fiery force (lightbringer via Nissa's fiery heart) will save the world. But perhaps there's limitations to their understanding of AA, and their black and white thinking in that regard. AA (especially if Jon) might also have an icy side to him that they have not regarded, this icy side might be just as valuable as his fiery attributes, and so R'hllor-ism might be a flawed take on the supposed hero. They might believe AA is all fire-loving, but it might not be true.

Linking back to ptwp being the same as AA - Rhaegar uses the phrase 'his is the song of ice AND fire', a phrase which probably came from Valyrian prophesy and regards tptwp, which seems like a far more encompassing outlook on the 'hero' (if thats what he turns out to be).

You guys are clutch.

It would stand to reason but Barristan said the GOHH prophesized that he/she would come from the line of Aerys & Rhaella.

how old is danny now? like sixteen right? and when aproximently would her birthdays take place over the course of the story? the first is in the dorthraki sea, of course, but when does she turn 15?

try here...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Aj_uNZmcJaTddG9BVU5tRnJJTE5KcE5JRkFha1ZfNUE#gid=8

Do we have any detailed information about the North's coastlines? I've been wondering how feasible a naval assault is and where could it possibly land (or rather what the terrain limitations for it would be).

IIRC, only information we get about North's coastline is from Theon (in ACOK chapter where he raids Tallhart villages), Asha (DWD Asha I in Deepwood Motte) and Davos (DWD Davos II in White Harbour).

While I can't give you concrete answer, it seems that, looking at the map, the only place impractical for naval invasion would be just south of the Wall - where mountains lie. Other than that, North has been invaded (or implied to have been invaded) from the sea a number of times:

• Victarion invades the Neck from the sea

Asha conquers Deepwood Motte

Theon raids villages in the Stony Shore

Women from Bear Island learned to fight to repel Ironborn raiders

IIRC, only information we get about North's coastline is from Theon (in ACOK chapter where he raids Tallhart villages), Asha (DWD Asha I in Deepwood Motte) and Davos (DWD Davos II in White Harbour).

While I can't give you concrete answer, it seems that, looking at the map, the only place impractical for naval invasion would be just south of the Wall - where mountains lie. Other than that, North has been invaded (or implied to have been invaded) from the sea a number of times:

• Victarion invades the Neck from the sea

Asha conquers Deepwood Motte

Theon raids villages in the Stony Shore

Women from Bear Island learned to fight to repel Ironborn raiders

So it is incredibly vulnerable from the west. What about the eastern shore? Is there any information about it?

Archived