Small Questions v 10016

Stubby

Doesn't this seem weird though? How the heck did Selmy get back to the Lord Commander's chambers and record his dismissal shortly after killing two gold cloaks? Wouldn't he probably be in a hurry to get out of King's Landing after that?

...amused, though unsurprised, to find that Ser Barristan had taken the time to record his own dismissal before leaving the castle.

Sorry to repeat a question here, but my original is getting buried in another thread, I fear:

What citations, from the book, do we have that Aegon (the real baby) was about a year old when he was killed by Gregor?

I've found nothing in the books, nor on SSM or the Concordance, that describes him as anything other than an infant, a babe in arms, or a screaming whelp. We only see him as a newborn in Dany's vision. So where does this info come from, that he was about a year old? Unless I missed a word or two somewhere?

OK, in AGOT when Bob and Ned are chilling on the countryside and Bob tells Ned about Jaime being Warden of the East, Ned says that it shouldn't happen cause eventually Jaime will become Warden of the West as well. Are Warden titles inheritable if you're in the Kingsguard1,3? Or is Ned assuming Tywin will figure out a way for Jaime to get out of his vows??2.3

1.The title of Warden is not a heredity, however as Ned explained when talking about Sweet Robin it has been treated that way for many years, with major house having held them since the Targaryen's united the kingdoms.

2. Ned is saying that the Lannisters would have too much power if they had both titles.

3. GRRM wrote 6 or so chapters before stopping, before going back to write the history/rules of Westeros. IMO This is one of the early chapters, and It is likely that these are errors that could not be fix, and that argument was a key piece of setting up the hostility between Lannisters/Starks which is one of the foundations of aGoT/aSoIaF.

I was convinced Craster killed his babies - or gave his babies to WW to being killed, but right after Lord Mormont dies, Gilly and her sisters ask Sam to help her and her son because otherwise his brothers (craster's sons) would have come to take him.

This is not a small question, even if it should be. You might start a thread, or look for an old one. Heresy talks about it often, but it is one of many topic's there.

What citations, from the book, do we have that Aegon (the real baby) was about a year old when he was killed by Gregor?

We don't know the age, we only have the quote about the killing of Rhaegar's infant son. Aegon could have been any where from 2 years old, to 6 months old. He was born after tHH which was about 2 years before his death.

We don't know the age, we only have the quote about the killing of Rhaegar's infant son. Aegon could have been any where from 2 years old, to 6 months old. He was born after tHH which was about 2 years before his death.

How do we know he was born right after Harrenhall?

I am reading through ASOS right now.

I was convinced Craster killed his babies - or gave his babies to WW to being killed, but right after Lord Mormont dies, Gilly and her sisters ask Sam to help her and her son because otherwise his brothers (craster's sons) would have come to take him.

Now, this means that they haven't been killed as they were children as I expected.. for blood or flesh or evil deeds. Because dead people don't grow up and babies don't come and fetch a newborn (wouldn't it be ridiculous?). So it must be that WW raised up these children to join their own armies.

Has this been deeply discussed on this forum before?

Do we have 3 categories (WW, recruited humans and undeads) or just 2? How can such recruited humans survive the killing cold surrounding WW? Do WW perform queer magic to transform them into ice beings? Is most of the WW army composed of recruited humans or original WW beings or undeads? Why are these children so important? Why WW prefer to recruit alive children than killing the entire of craster's family and gather more undeads? Are recruited humans more powerful? Or are only craster's son more powerful, since they have crow's blood in their flesh? Maybe they can open the gates under the wall?

Didn't Old Nan say something about breeding Others with humans?

Oh yeah, this was discussed and rediscussed, there are heresies about it and not only. Try search ww craster babies or start a new thread cause if anyone tries to answer this, question, the thread is going BOOOM

Doesn't this seem weird though? How the heck did Selmy get back to the Lord Commander's chambers and record his dismissal shortly after killing two gold cloaks? Wouldn't he probably be in a hurry to get out of King's Landing after that?

He first recorded his own dismissal, while gathering his rings from the White Tower, and got attacked by Gold Cloaks when he went to the stables afterwards. That's where he killed the two or three gold cloaks ( I don't remember the exact number ). At the city gate, I believe he killed one guard to get past, and he rode until he city was out of sight. Next, he sold his clothes and horse, and entered the city again under the disguise as being an old, poor man from the country fleeing the war.

Why Davos starts under Stannis command?, isnt Davos Renlys landed knight? How can be under Stannis liege if his fort and lands are in the Storm Lands????

Davos feels that he owes his allegiance to Stannis since it was Stannis who raised him to Knighthood and granted him lands on Cape Wrath.

Davos feels that he owes his allegiance to Stannis since it was Stannis who raised him to Knighthood and granted him lands on Cape Wrath.

I know, but my question is that this seams to happen even before Roberts death. Davos is a Stannis man altough he should be under Renlys liege. Futher more, I dont know how Stannis could give Davos lands in Cape Wrath if he was not never lord of SE.

I know, but my question is that this seams to happen even before Roberts death. Davos is a Stannis man altough he should be under Renlys liege. Futher more, I dont know how Stannis could give Davos lands in Cape Wrath if he was not never lord of SE.

Stannis raised Davos to Knighthood and granted him land during Robert's reign. I guess we can infer that Robert approved of this otherwise he wouldn't have allowed it to happen. Renly was still a young boy when all this happened. Technically speaking Renly was Davos's liege lord but after so many years Davos feels that he owes his allegiance to Stannis.

Whobwas present at the signing of Robb's will? So far I have Catelyn, Greatjon, Roose, Maege, Galbart, Edmure. I assume however there must have been more; surely.in naming an heir you should have the majority.of your Lords present? Were there any Dustins, Ryswells, Manderlys, Rivermen, Wulls, Flints, Norreys, Tallharts? Anyone provide me a list??

Whobwas present at the signing of Robb's will? So far I have Catelyn, Greatjon, Roose, Maege, Galbart, Edmure. I assume however there must have been more; surely.in naming an heir you should have the majority.of your Lords present? Were there any Dustins, Ryswells, Manderlys, Rivermen, Wulls, Flints, Norreys, Tallharts? Anyone provide me a list??

Signers- Greatjon Umber, Maege Mormont, Jason Mallister, Edmure Tully, Galbart Glover, Raynald Westerling. Catelyn was present but did not sign. Roose was not there, he arrived at the Twins after they did, in the next chapter.

Signers- Greatjon Umber, Maege Mormont, Jason Mallister, Edmure Tully, Galbart Glover, Raynald Westerling. Catelyn was present but did not sign. Roose was not there, he arrived at the Twins after they did, in the next chapter.

Westerling sticks out in the list.

As being neither from the Riverlands or North.

Oh, lol. Well, he was Robb's brother in law and the royal banner bearer. I think Robb invited his most trusted advisers to witness without much consideration of where they came from-- these were the people that essentially formed his war council and as such it was appropriate they they were the ones to witness his decision.

Fwiw, Westerling being dead is what stands out to me. I wonder...

Archived