Why do Stannis solidiers follow him so blindly?

Señor de la Tormenta

Good shout, if Massey delivers, but with the messing about at Slavers Bay, can he get a decent sells word company in Essos? Maybe the IB have a call off contact with some quality sells words.

well gold can buy Lords to, and most of all food. Stannis is going to be a man with money to feed armys. Bread will be his banner!

well gold can buy Lords to, and most of all food. Stannis is going to be a man with money to feed armys. Bread will be his banner!

Hell, he's already got an Onion Knight (now Lord), get him bread and some beef and we can have ourselves a Burger King.

Hmmm...

I get chills every time I read that passage :ph34r:

Same, its such a great scene. Honestly its one of, if not the coolest battles in the series, bested only by perhaps the trident.

:D Dear E-Ro! Ours is the Furious Stannis! :commie:

:laugh: More like ours is the nerdrage.

This thread brought me the metaphor of Standom and the Nigerian money scams, which is just awesome.
Hilarious man!
This post bought me the metaphor between stannis haters and shitty jokes.

Stannis lacks numbers though, as does the North, as would the Riverlands, if that's where he's going. Ideally to fight off the rival claimants and to beat the threat from the others, Stannis needs the power of the Vale. Getting it is a different matter though.

I don't know about that, for starters there are still plenty Northern soldiers available (there is like a thread every other day with the exact numbers like 40 K left? The Riverlands has suffered more though).

And there are still a couple of named sellsword companies that haven't been hired yet IIRC and there are probably a lot more of those around which we don't know. And Stannis could always strike alliances with pirates, and the free cities to get their official troops.

And even if that isn't an option Stannis will have enough money to attract a huge crowd of normal citizens, equip and train them (if he's able to keep the Neck locked he can easily rebuilt his strength while Dany and Faegon are fighting their war).

Same, its such a great scene. Honestly its one of, if not the coolest battles in the series, bested only by perhaps the trident.

:laugh: More like ours is the nerdrage.

Hilarious man!

This post bought me the metaphor between stannis haters and shitty jokes.

You take this Stannis stuff really personally, huh?

Also, what joke?

"This." The raven cried "This. This."

So, no response to my previous post directed at you huh. You know, the one were I provided an actual quote from the books to debunk your false claims based on nothing.

So, no response to my previous post directed at you huh. You know, the one were I provided an actual quote from the books to debunk your false claims based on nothing.

You are right that Stannis' troups were carrying House Baratheon banners in addition to his own banner. I was mistaken to assume they wern't shouting "Ours is the Fury" because of it. I assume then that "Stannis, Stannis, Stannis" IS his battle cry? So I stand corrected on this point.

The rest of your previous post isn't worth responding to. I have made no other false claims. I have said nothing else, except that minor point, that CAN be debunked, and you my dear, cannot claim otherwise.

You are right that Stannis' troups were carrying House Baratheon banners in addition to his own banner. I was mistaken to assume they wern't shouting "Ours is the Fury" because of it. I assume then that "Stannis, Stannis, Stannis" IS his battle cry? So I stand corrected on this point.

The rest of your previous post isn't worth responding to. I have made no other false claims. I have said nothing else, except that minor point, that CAN be debunked, and you my dear, cannot claim otherwise.

Fair enough.

Did you lapse into a daydream here or what? I do hope Stannis manages to defeat Bolton at WF & gain some much needed support, but I didn't read any allusion to him being a legend in any one's view...except maybe Mel's.

I agree with others posts that most of Stannis' followers are either there for Mel's cause, their own cause, or they don't wanna die in North's Winter.

I was speaking of a low born in the stormlands/ dragonstone, not about someone like you who reads the books, try to understand westeros hasn't got television radio or internet and no way at all to talk shit about people at a big scale. Armies disband, go home and talk, that's it.

Archived