Victarion's Secret?

ugashep

Didn't he get aroused by Asha ( :ack: )? I don't see it and it'd really help if you could quote text to support it.

Now, Ned I can see the arguments for being either bi or gay. But Vic? No.

I was thinking that when I first saw the thread.And I'd like to add he has sex with the Dusky Woman Euron gave him.

Victarion's Secret is your go-to retailer for armor that is functional, but with the right touch of naughty and sassy.

Pretty much what I came here to say. Though I was thinking of him selling actual lingerie. Ironborn garter belt, anyone? And I'm sure at least one person in the fandom has tried picturing Asha in a metal bikini ala Leia in RotJ.

Doubtful. Just because a man is overtly macho, it doesn't ipso facto mean he's a repressed homosexual. I mean it happens, sure, and in a culture like the Ironborn (I use the term culture lightly here), it's probably even more prevalent than the rest of Westeros.

Even so, I see no signs of that in Victarion - he's just not complex enough to be a repressed anything. I do give him a pass on the "Dothraki Sea" thing though, it's a fair enough mistake to make outside of the educated classes IMO. Of course Victarion, being a prince, is part of the educated classes, but even so...

*cough, Euron, cough*

He wasn't declared a prince until he was fully grown. And most of the Ironborn don't seem to put much stock in book learnin'. The Reader is called The Reader for a reason and it's not because he's so good at semaphore.

I doubt Vic gay . I doubt the ironborn are open to that lifestyle . As for his being so Macho , he sure is and I know I have seen guys like that all my life .. Dumb brutes that just plow through life oblivious. . You can roll your eyes at those guys but from what I have seen they can accomplish a lot ( turmoil , destruction and chaos ) .Many people will die before Vic is stopped . Don't underestimate the amount of damage stupid people can cause

I don't see Vic as a sociopath. just a strong Naval commander. ^ i don't see the IB allowing for homosexuality. they have a firm (but distorted) view of masculinity

Like really old-fashioned? Like, say, Greek or Roman or pretty much anyone prior to Judeo-Christian sexual ethics?

yea i see them as a very restrictive culture that is more in line with tradition than free thought. they are not big on education and much more war oriented. We do not see many cases of homosexuality or bisexuality outside of Dorne. that culture is looked down upon by most of Westeros hence all the Dornish jokes

right now he is banging the slave euron gave him and the hate he has for him comes because of a woman. Also he is planing to steal Daenerys for himself.....Your friend is reading other books, for sure.

the perfect coverup. never trust a greyjoy. i bet underneath those gauntlets youd find the perfect, softest hands youve ever beheld.

yea i see them as a very restrictive culture that is more in line with tradition than free thought. they are not big on education and much more war oriented. We do not see many cases of homosexuality or bisexuality outside of Dorne. that culture is looked down upon by most of Westeros hence all the Dornish jokes

All what Dornish jokes? I think that's more tv show than books. Unless you just mean sexual references, but that happens for all genders/persuasions.

Also the point I was making was that the Greeks and Romans didn't define heterosexuality or homosexuality or w/e as we do. That's a Judeo-Christian leftover.

agreed they did define sexual persuasions differently. i just don't see the IB as the most tolerant of folks is all. i wouldn't compare them to the Greco Roman culture in that regard.

i thought they did make Dornish jokes in the books too. I believe Dorne is still looked at as an outsider to the rest of the kingdom.

agreed they did define sexual persuasions differently. i just don't see the IB as the most tolerant of folks is all. i wouldn't compare them to the Greco Roman culture in that regard.

i thought they did make Dornish jokes in the books too. I believe Dorne is still looked at as an outsider to the rest of the kingdom.

to quote louis ck, "stop being a f----t and s-ck that d-ck!"

Vic is like one of those body builders with a small penis.

I doubt Vic gay . I doubt the ironborn are open to that lifestyle . As for his being so Macho , he sure is and I know I have seen guys like that all my life .. Dumb brutes that just plow through life oblivious. . You can roll your eyes at those guys but from what I have seen they can accomplish a lot ( turmoil , destruction and chaos ) .Many people will die before Vic is stopped . Don't underestimate the amount of damage stupid people can cause

^Truth.

Vic is going to kill Ser Barry & have lolz w/ Tyrion at least.

Moqorro is a perfect precog.

"Grey skies and strong winds...No rain. Behind come the tigers. Ahead awaits your dragon."

Vic (who knows no fear) is getting or getting killed by a dragon, & both I'd wager. He will claw his way onto Rhaegal or die in the attempt most like. His demon arm has to do something still, no? (Tyrion gets Vysarion)

the perfect coverup. never trust a greyjoy. i bet underneath those gauntlets youd find the perfect, softest hands youve ever beheld.

" I have no singer's tongue. I have an axe, and I have these.' He raised his huge maled hands up to show them, and Nute the Barber displayed his axe, a fearsome piece of steal."

Cat, Victarion's enormous mitts have beaten to death more than several men (+1woman) to death too.

Archived