Victarion's Secret?

ugashep

if the Euron=Dusky woman theiries are true that could be but otherwise, i don't see Vic as a repressed homosexual

Just because you're banging a woman who is actually a glamoured man that happens to be your brother that doesn't mean you're gay.

He has a small penis (at least according to Euron's standards)

I think that's it. Victarion is a big guy, and it's probably expected of him to have a big kraken too. Maybe it's ok, but not proportional to his body.

That, or his penis is perfectly normal but Euron simply tried to make him feel insecure in the same way he has sexually terrorised his other brothers.

Just because you're banging a woman who is actually a glamoured man that happens to be your brother that doesn't mean you're gay.

Indeed, that just means people have way, way too much time on their hands, but not enough to realize how absurd that notion is.

The Iron Captain DwD:

A fool’s question. Maesters had their uses, but Victarion had nothing but contempt for this
Kerwin. With his smooth pink cheeks, soft hands, and brown curls, he looked more girlish than most
girls. When first he came aboard the Iron Victory, he had a smirky little smile too, but one night off the
Stepstones he had smiled at the wrong man, and Burton Humble had knocked out four of his teeth. Not
long after that Kerwin had come creeping to the captain to complain that four of the crew had dragged
him belowdecks and used him as a woman. “Here is how you put an end to that,” Victarion had told
him, slamming a dagger down on the table between them.

It seems like in this paragraph, Victarion speaks from experience. How else would he know how to put an end to that? and at the beginning it says he felt contempt for the supposed homosexual girly man. closet homosexuals are extroverted homophobes, it's true sometimes. makes sense to me

BTW: the phrase "used him as a woman" always cracks me up, the word choice is amazing hahahaha

The Iron Captain DwD:

It seems like in this paragraph, Victarion speaks from experience. How else would he know how to put an end to that? and at the beginning it says he felt contempt for the supposed homosexual girly man. closet homosexuals are extroverted homophobes, it's true sometimes. makes sense to me

BTW: the phrase "used him as a woman" always cracks me up, the word choice is amazing hahahaha

It's just how Victarion solves all his problems, not this one specifically. Or that it's not the first time he has had to deal with something like that as captain, and forcing the issue into violence will solve it, one way or the other. Likely with the death of the erstwhile victim, but somehow I have the feeling that this is a perfectly acceptable outcome to ol' Vic.

Well, he solves all his problems that way except the one he has with Euron, and look what a mess that has resulted in.

Wait, what? Was this ^ a thing with Ned?

Yeah, I mean the man has five children, so obviously he's gay :dunno:

Yes I am aware that gay men sometimes have families but seriously... you need some pretty good reasons to suspect so, and that just isn't there in Ned's case. Yeah there's the comment that young Robert was "muscled like a maiden's fantasy", but that's just a fact, and in stark (haha) contrast to book-era Robert, to show his decline in a very physical and obvious way.

Urgh, I am just bored with this apparent need to turn every character into a closet homosexual. It's such a tired, tired trope.

The Iron Captain DwD:

Maybe they made him cook, clean, mend their clothes, and knit. ;)

It's just how Victarion solves all his problems, not this one specifically. Or that it's not the first time he has had to deal with something like that as captain, and forcing the issue into violence will solve it, one way or the other. Likely with the death of the erstwhile victim, but somehow I have the feeling that this is a perfectly acceptable outcome to ol' Vic.

Well, he solves all his problems that way except the one he has with Euron, and look what a mess that has resulted in.

Yeah, I mean the man has five children, so obviously he's gay :dunno:

Yes I am aware that gay men sometimes have families but seriously... you need some pretty good reasons to suspect so, and that just isn't there in Ned's case. Yeah there's the comment that young Robert was "muscled like a maiden's fantasy", but that's just a fact, and in stark (haha) contrast to book-era Robert, to show his decline in a very physical and obvious way.

Urgh, I am just bored with this apparent need to turn every character into a closet homosexual. It's such a tired, tired trope.

:agree: The "muscled like a maiden's fantasy" bit is Ned's insecurity. The Starks tend to be lanky. He was probably a little envious that Robert got all the girls when they were young. Not only did the ladies not pay any attention to that skinny Stark kid, he had to have his brother ask them to dance for him. Yep, Ned was just experiencing a momentary trip back to adolescent jealousy there.

It seems Euron has some gay aspects more than Victarion......

Yep, I covered that up-thread.

Archived