which character has the most willpower?

Sansa_Stark

Sometimes doing nothing takes a lot more courage than fighting. Accepting that you are helpless and simply taking the pain without hitting back takes a lot of courage-and Sansa does it all with a smile.

That only applies when you have power and are the stronger party. Its like how I accused Tarly of being a coward earlier in this thread.

Sansa's situation is basically like a middle school kid who is being bullied and isn't standing up for himself.

Being a passive victim does not make you brave or courageous. Accepting you are helpless and still hitting back is courageous.

Note. I am not calling Sansa a coward, but her passiveness is not brave at all.

And I never thought of Jaime as strong willed.

The dude started crying like a baby after Vargo cut his hand off.

For a warrior of legendary repute, that seems pretty lame...

Guts from Berserk had his eye clawed out and cut off his own arm to save his lover and barely flinched.

Hell I'm a harder man than him.

when Semirhage blew

my hand off I just accepted it and moved on.

Lol, do you remember the Jaime vs Rand cage match from THAT one.... online event? It was staged as a Trial of 7, believe.

There it is: http://suvudu.com/2010/04/cage-match-2010-championship-5-rand-althor-versus-15-jaime-lannister.html

Lol, do you remember the Jaime vs Rand cage match from THAT one.... online event? It was staged as a Trial of 7, believe.

Yeah. Martin actually did seem to get Jordan's cast right. I personally would have preferred Martin writing the last 3 books instead of Sanderson, but we all know how these things can't happen. :(

http://grrm.livejournal.com/147038.html

No, here's the link on GRRM's blog.

Jaime briefly considered what his own life might be like if he'd had three sisters instead of just one. He almost felt sorry for this Rand al'Thor. One Cersei was more than any man should need to deal with.

LMAO

Sansa's situation is basically like a middle school kid who is being bullied and isn't standing up for himself.

If she stood up for herself against Joffrey in any overt way she'd be beaten by a bunch of warriors twice her size, and that's if Joff was feeling charitable.

Middle school kids almost always (I would think) have some way to end it or a way to escape it, whether that be going to teachers or parents or moving schools or whatever, but Sansa didn't. She was under the Lannister's thumb 24/7 and had no realistic way to escape that. Personally I think it would require a lot of bravery to wake up and live every day knowing that there's no realistic hope of your life ever being not shit.

Is it Stannis? Year of starvation? Does nothing. Going through a blizzard and starvation? Barely hurts him.

Stannis has a shit ton of willpower indeed.

Starving, marching through winter with the intent of fighting a battle after it. Serving his brother loyally despite the fact Robert didn't treat him well is also an example.

He's a remarkable human being.

Stannis has a shit ton of willpower indeed.

Starving, marching through winter with the intent of fighting a battle after it. Serving his brother loyally despite the fact Robert didn't treat him well is also an example.

He's a remarkable human being.

Indeed.

I whine every time I go like 9 hours without food.

To survive off rats and boots?

Just kill me now dude.

If warging is directly involved with sheer willpower, I'd say that Varamyr, Bloodraven and Bran are pretty strong.

Stannis definitely has willpower.

But personally, I'd say Jojen Reed and Qhorin: it takes an absurd amount of willpower to follow willingly their own death, while actually collaborating with it.

That only applies when you have power and are the stronger party. Its like how I accused Tarly of being a coward earlier in this thread.

Being a passive victim does not make you brave or courageous. Accepting you are helpless and still hitting back is courageous.

Note. I am not calling Sansa a coward, but her passiveness is not brave at all.

Sansa couldn't stand up for herself as you wanted, because that would make her get killed or at the very least more beaten than she already was. It takes a lot of willpower to control herself, even in the worst situations. I'd say not doing anything takes much more courage than doing in her case, considering, well, she lived literally at sword point, so, there's no really comparison to the middle school situation. She's subtle when she wants to make her statement, like the marriage scene with Tyrion. And the fact that she's living with the people that killed her father in front of her eyes, the constant threats of rape... It takes a lot not to break, and she didn't.

Nah, its the natural reaction. If most people here were stuck in Sansa's position, they'd react the exact same way for the most part.

When people have a gun pointed at them, do they try to fight back unarmed?

Or do they just stand still and do what the guy with the gun says?

Uh no. The natural reaction would be to control yourself at that point. Its not a courageous move. Its what most people would do. Most people are not courageous.

No, I think most people would have completely broken down under the psychological torture/abuse that she faced.

Archived