Small Questions v 10017

Stubby

Do you remember when Dany set that slaver on fire but then threw water on him to stop the flame? I forget why I'm thinking that happened. That happened, didn't it? Who did she do that to? Memories are foggy right now.

That was the Yunkish envoy Grazdhan mo Eraz. I think she did it, because she felt she wouldn't suffer any consequences for it and it was a way of sending a message of: don't cross me.

Can someone help me to find one of the threads about human sacrifices in front of the weirwood in winterfell?

I know there have to be plenty, but I can´t find them with the search...

Here's one, pretty sure it has all the examples from the books posted on the first couple pages.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/98720-did-brienne-unintentionally/?hl=%2Bweirwood+%2Bsacrifice

When does this all happen?

I don't even remember it.

Outside Yunkai in Storm of Swords

“I say, you are mad.”

“Am I?” Dany shrugged, and said, “Dracarys.”

The dragons answered. Rhaegal hissed and smoked, Viserion snapped, and Drogon spat swirling red-black flame. It touched the drape of Grazdan’s tokar, and the silk caught in half a heartbeat. Golden marks spilled across the carpets as the envoy stumbled over the chest, shouting curses and beating at his arm until Whitebeard flung a flagon of water over him to douse the flames. “You swore I should have safe conduct!” the Yunkish envoy wailed.

“Do all the Yunkai’i whine so over a singed tokar? I shall buy you a new one... if you deliver up your slaves within three days. Elsewise, Drogon shall give you a warmer kiss.”

Does Syrio ever note that Arya bites her lip or has trouble lying or is very honest?

Did a search, she bites her lip when the Lannister men come for her, but as far as I can tell Syrio never mentions her lip biting. As far as I remember, their only conversation about truthfulness is:

Syrio stepped back. “You are dead now.”

Arya made a face. “You cheated,” she said hotly. “You said left and you went right.”

“Just so. And now you are a dead girl.”

“But you lied!”

“My words lied. My eyes and my arm shouted out the truth, but you were not seeing.”

“I was so,” Arya said. “I watched you every second!”

“Watching is not seeing, dead girl. The water dancer sees. Come, put down the sword, it is time for listening now.”

Did a search, she bites her lip when the Lannister men come for her, but as far as I can tell Syrio never mentions her lip biting. As far as I remember, their only conversation about truthfulness is:

Thanks. I've always believed Syrio was what he was and was killed. But I noticed a statement by the plague faced FM that made me scratch my head. Since your search was negative I don't see any connection.

Thanks. I've always believed Syrio was what he was and was killed. But I noticed a statement by the plague faced FM that made me scratch my head. Since your search was negative I don't see any connection.

What was the statement, out of interest, or is it secret?

Also, do we know who the Targ maesters were in Aerys' era? I'm trying to think who could have delivered Dany.

What was the statement, out of interest, or is it secret?

Also, do we know who the Targ maesters were in Aerys' era? I'm trying to think who could have delivered Dany.

You'd think it would have been Cressen, as he's really old and maesters are sworn to castles, not Lords. But we know Cressen was maester of Storms End when Stannis and Renly were kids, so it seems likely that something happened to the maester of Dragonstone at some point during the rebellion. That or he delivered Dany and eventually followed her, Viserys, and Darry into exile.

Archived