Will Bravos be pro or anti Dany?

Dave17

stannis will never go against dany, he does what he does because its his right, there is no one with a better claim than stannis,other then aegon and dany. he cant go against them. he's not ambistious,hes honorable

Targ dynasty was cancelled due to warhammer, Baratheon is the royal family as far as Stannis is concerned.

Targ dynasty was cancelled due to warhammer, Baratheon is the royal family as far as Stannis is concerned.

im surprised people forget that stannis didn't want to rebel. idk the quote but he talks about not knowing to fight for his brother or his king. i believe he will be pro dany,which gives her access to the IBB

Unless she makes it an issue, I don't really see Braavos taking an official stance at all. I see the average Braavosi attitude as, "Oh. Dragons. Great. *sarcasm* She just better stay the fuck away from us."

Of course, specific groups in Braavos, such as the Iron Bank and/or the Faceless Men, may take a proactive approach. The Iron Bank already has. They almost certainly know about her and chose to support Stannis (with both Dany's dragons and her liberal interpretation of business in Astapor likely striking against her). But I don't think either group should be considered "Braavos."

I suppose if she starts taking over Essos, they might turn against her and actively oppose her if they think she will war against them in time.

But for the most part, I don't think Braavos as a whole will have a huge desire either way.

This. Braavos had no quarrel with any contender for the IT before, why would they take a sudden interest in a girl with Dragons no one but her can manage. They would be quicker to send her on her way with a pat on the back and a "good luck" before they would try and mess with her.

It also depends on the outcome of the battle of Meereen. If Dany manages to aquire the khalasar and obliterates the Yunkish forces, I'm sure it would send the fear of God into anyone who would try to oppose her in the future.

I am quite sure Braavos will be firmly anti-dragon. As somebody said earlier - the dragons mean an oppression. If some future owner of the dragons (maybe even Dany herself, when she decides she does not like ships or something like that) decides to expand to Essos and conquer Braavos, they would have no defense against the mature dragons.

Makes sense. Actually, I find it weird that the IB would support Stannis when they probably know about Dany.

Felt kind of like a deus ex machina to give Stannis better chances.

But Dany isn't trying to take the Iron Throne, there's no fight to support. There are only two kings in Westeros.

Do people not assume the Iron Bank and Faceless Men are linked? I do. I think the regular people of Braavos will support Dany as the anti-slaver, but the shadowy elite of faceless men/iron bankers will want the dragons dead.

stannis will never go against dany, he does what he does because its his right, there is no one with a better claim than stannis,other then aegon and dany. he cant go against them. he's not ambistious,hes honorable

This doesn't make sense due to the fact that Stannis knows Dany is alive. If he was willing to step down for a Targ, why wouldn't he have begun fighting for her from the beginning?

Does anyone remember/know when Targs last had dragons the size of Danys by ADWD? If Dany didn't stay in the Free Cities for so long I wonder if the FMs/IB would have less of a role in the upcoming events. Braavos with the emphasis on FM will be anti-Dany.

Anti, by which I mean I expect them to make an attempt on the dragons even if they don't have a beef with Dany personally. I also think they'd side-eye what happened in Astapor after she left it, her profiting off of Meereenese who sell themselves into slavery and the slave market she lets Yunkai set up outside the city.

Even if they believe the abolitionist spiel, there's no way to guarantee that whoever gets Dany's dragons after she dies won't use them to subjugate others or set up some new Valyrian slaving empire. The issue isn't Dany so much as it's her dragons.

This. Braavos is unlikely to take issue with Dany herself. Its the dragons they will be getting their smallclothes in a knot over. Its possible that Dany herself will leave Braavos alone, but whos to say that the Braavosi will be cool with all the shit shes pulled? Her army consists of mostly slaves. They may be "freedmen" Unsullied, but to the Braavosi, it wont quite look like that. She burnt Astapor to get them after all. The Faceless Men which are probably the most powerful faction in Braavos (since they link with just about everyone there including the bankers), are NOT going to be kosher with the idea of dragons near their doorstep. If Dany and her dragons get as close as Pentos, shit is going to hit the fan.

I would say "pro" because she has struck the hardest blow against slavery Essos has seen since the Doom.

Braavos does not allow slavery - technically some other Free Cities also do not on paper, but in reality they do.

The dragons give them some pause, I am sure, but what she does with them matters more.

Besides - she lived there as a child. You think the big shots in Braavos, are not well aware of who she is and what she is heir to? If they wanted to slay her, they could have done so long before now.

I would say "pro" because she has struck the hardest blow against slavery Essos has seen since the Doom.

Braavos does not allow slavery - technically some other Free Cities also do not on paper, but in reality they do.

The dragons give them some pause, I am sure, but what she does with them matters more.

Besides - she lived there as a child. You think the big shots in Braavos, are not well aware of who she is and what she is heir to? If they wanted to slay her, they could have done so long before now.

Again, it's not HER, it's the dragons. She lived in Braavos before, yeah, but she didn't have dragons then. And it doesn't matter what SHE does with the dragons. The point is that they will outlive her and some OTHER person might try to use them to ill ends.

If you classify Dany as a slaver then you must classify the FM as slavers under the same criteria.

How so?

Not like it matters, I consider them to be hypocritical and self righteous asswipes." HURRR MERCCYYY" No, you guys are just murderers.

Couldn't the Doom of Valyria be considered genocide?

I mean, I know the Valyrians have done awful things, but that doesn't mean you can do the same to them.

Who are the slaves that Dany owns?

Who are the slaves that Dany owns?

Reread the ADWD chapter where Dany talks to XXD. He pretty much points out that she's slaving when a friend of his begs to XXD to buy him. Dany is giving him grueling work and he is half naked and he is only being paid in food and shelter I believe.

Also, she takes 10 percent of profits whenever slaves sell themselves at the end of Storm.

She's a slaver.

Archived