What happens when Jaime lannister meets Dany?

manderin

If Jaime still lives when Dany takes the Iron Throne for herself, Dany will put Jaime on a great trial, so that all of Westeros find out is he really changed from an oathbreaker to an honorable man. The men who would support Jaime on his trial of honor would be Tyrion, Brienne, maybe Lady Stoneheart (if Jaime proves his honor to her, first) and Sansa, and some other knights and lords of the Westerlands.

:agree: I like this resolution ^_^

No, we know for sure that they were wrong in how no matter her motives their actions make them wrong no matter what.

No, maybe you can say this about Tywin, but not Jaime. He has no idea she was going to be sexed by all the alnnister guards, especially in front of tyrion.

Dany would burn Jaime alive and accuse him of being a liar, especially if he recalled the night her father viciously raped her mother thus creating Dany after getting turned on by burning people alive. I don't care if Selmy corroborated Jaime's story or not about the Kingsguard standing outside and listening to her mother beg anyone for help. The burning of all of Kingslanding like a huge pyre for Aerys rebirth? Doubtful Dany would believe it, but if she did she might agree leaving bones and ashes of city for the usurper was a good or justified idea. Jaime would realize that Dany was not well informed at all about the events of Robert's Rebellion or Westeros in general, particularly if Dany confuses Lord Tywin Lannister's actions with Lord Eddard Starks in front of him like laying the deaths of Rhaegar's children on Eddard. Jaime at the end of their meeting would be convinced he did the right thing by not putting Viserys on the throne and his sister as queen by proxy. Another words, I am certain Dany will see Jaime as a lying dog, and Jaime will see Dany as a Mad Targaryen. As for Jaime's loyalty- it seemed geared towards Rhaegar and his children, not so much Aery's other children. If Jaime meets Jon as Rhaegar's son or believes Fake!Aegon to be the real Aegon, I can see him possibly protecting them. However, I don't see Jaime ever protecting Aery's other children, which Jaime seemed not so certain the madness wasn't in Viserys. Shortly after Jaime kills Aerys, he is reminded about Viserys and he makes no move to help or hurt him. Later on, we see it's Jaime's regret that he didn't think about Rhaegar's children and the fact that his father might hurt him; it seems to be one of Jaime's only regrets about killing Aerys, that he didn't protect Rhaegar's children.

Jaime hasn't backed down from anyone ever in his life. Maybe the only time he did was when Tywin bullied him into telling Tyrion that Tysha was a whore, and he learned his lesson not to do that again. He certainly wouldn't do that for Dany who could you quite a dose of reality. He has no regrets when dealing with Dany and Viserys, but he does for Rhaegar and his children.

Jaime would tell her the same story he told Brienne in the baths. Dany would let him live.

I honestly doubt he would. I don't think that Jaime has ever told that tale to anyone besides Brienne and Ser Illyn. I doubt that even Tyrion, Cersei, and Tywin know. When he killed Aerys, I'm sure he just told Tywin that he did it for the protection of the family, which Tywin would take without further questioning. Jaime didn't even explain it to Ned Stark when he walked in.

If he wouldn't explain it to any of these people, why would he tell Dany? Jaime isn't a coward and wouldn't tell her to save his own life. He would simply believe she is the Mad King's daughter. And even if he told her that, Dany wouldn't believe that her own father would murder half a million people, and kill him for the lie.

Honestly I expect Cersei to repeat the Mad King's arc, and as soon as Cersei is about to light King's Landing on fire, Jaime will walk in. She will be overjoyed, but Jaime will instead start a monologue on why he actually killed the Mad King. As he goes on with the story, Cersei will realize that she has turned into Aerys, and that Jaime is about to kill her for the same reason. He chokes her, and she dies.

If he wouldn't explain it to any of these people, why would he tell Dany? Jaime isn't a coward and wouldn't tell her to save his own life. He would simply believe she is the Mad King's daughter. And even if he told her that, Dany wouldn't believe that her own father would murder half a million people, and kill him for the lie.

Honestly I expect Cersei to repeat the Mad King's arc, and as soon as Cersei is about to light King's Landing on fire, Jaime will walk in. She will be overjoyed, but Jaime will instead start a monologue on why he actually killed the Mad King. As he goes on with the story, Cersei will realize that she has turned into Aerys, and that Jaime is about to kill her for the same reason. He chokes her, and she dies.

I think the reason why he'd tell her why he killed her father would be because

1) he's about to die, and the truth might save him, there is nothing cowardly about telling her the truth, in fact, it would be stupid and stubborn for him not to and

2) she is just about the best person to tell the truth to, not only because of 1) (she's about to kill him) but because it will serve her as a warning of what might become of her in the future, if she lets the Targaryen madness invade her mind.

Now, will she believe him? This would depend on several factors. One can always argue that she'd never believe him, no matter what, or that even if she does, she'd still kill him to honor her father, even if he was a giant prick. That is all fine and legitimate, yet I prefer to make it (my story) up differently.

The factors would be who would defend him, and where would this 'trial' of sorts happen.

To defend him we'd have Tyrion. We don't know yet if Tyrion will manage to become close to Daenerys, but if he does, he would be key in defending him.

Then we'd have Barristan Selmy, who people have pointed out here, does not like Jaime, but is at the moment having doubts about his own role in the king's death. He's currently thinking he might have done his job "too well" and feels guilty that he stood there without doing anything while his king was engulfed in madness. To him the worst men were those that "played the game of thrones", and Jaime does not play that game. I pasted this part of the book in a previous comment.

Brienne would defend him too, but I do not know how much influence she would have on her. Perhaps her status as a strong woman in a man's world might move her? No clue.

Then comes the factor of where this trial would be held. If it were to be held in KL, then Jaime has something in his favour, because Daenerys could go on and underground tour, to see all of the wildfire stacked beneath it. This would prove Jaime was speaking the truth, and so were the others. If this all happens outside of KL, then things might be a bit more difficult for Jaime.

I think the reason why he'd tell her why he killed her father would be because

1) he's about to die, and the truth might save him, there is nothing cowardly about telling her the truth, in fact, it would be stupid and stubborn for him not to and

2) she is just about the best person to tell the truth to, not only because of 1) (she's about to kill him) but because it will serve her as a warning of what might become of her in the future, if she lets the Targaryen madness invade her mind.

Now, will she believe him? This would depend on several factors. One can always argue that she'd never believe him, no matter what, or that even if she does, she'd still kill him to honor her father, even if he was a giant prick. That is all fine and legitimate, yet I prefer to make it (my story) up differently.

The factors would be who would defend him, and where would this 'trial' of sorts happen.

To defend him we'd have Tyrion. We don't know yet if Tyrion will manage to become close to Daenerys, but if he does, he would be key in defending him.

Then we'd have Barristan Selmy, who people have pointed out here, does not like Jaime, but is at the moment having doubts about his own role in the king's death. He's currently thinking he might have done his job "too well" and feels guilty that he stood there without doing anything while his king was engulfed in madness. To him the worst men were those that "played the game of thrones", and Jaime does not play that game. I pasted this part of the book in a previous comment.

Brienne would defend him too, but I do not know how much influence she would have on her. Perhaps her status as a strong woman in a man's world might move her? No clue.

Then comes the factor of where this trial would be held. If it were to be held in KL, then Jaime has something in his favour, because Daenerys could go on and underground tour, to see all of the wildfire stacked beneath it. This would prove Jaime was speaking the truth, and so were the others. If this all happens outside of KL, then things might be a bit more difficult for Jaime.

I think you're really underestimating what Jaime would call cowardice. Any type of begging that would save him would be cowardice to him. Really justifying anything he does to him is cowardice. If he wouldn't tell Ned Stark why he killed Aerys, then there's no reason he would tell Dany. And I don't think Barristan would defend Jaime.

I think you're really underestimating what Jaime would call cowardice. Any type of begging that would save him would be cowardice to him. Really justifying anything he does to him is cowardice. If he wouldn't tell Ned Stark why he killed Aerys, then there's no reason he would tell Dany. And I don't think Barristan would defend Jaime.

I don't think I am, especially because the man Jaime was when he spoke to Ned is not the man he is now. Jaime also did try to explain to Ned part of it, but failed miserably (or was that only in the series?). What to him was cowardice then was him being too proud.

Granted he still has a lot to change, and might never get the chance to change more if he dies soon, but this character is no longer the same as he was a few books ago.

And I think Barristan might defend Jaime, as long as what he says is the truth. I don't see Barristan remaining silent to see Jaime dying on purpose.

I find that unlikely as Jaime still has to fulfill his role as valonqar.

He will be brought before Dany after he is captured in battle in the second Field of Fire like King Loren was and since she is heir to her father's secrets, he will reveal the reason for killing her father. Tyrion will vouch for him given that he learned from the pyromancers that there are hidden caches of wildfire underneath KL from her father's reign. Tyrion will release Jaime at night, and help him escape to repay Jaime for helping Tyrion escape with his life in KL. That will be the last time they ever see each other, and they have one last moment together as brothers. Tyrion is Dany's betrayal for love.

IF he is the valonqar he can still fulfill that role before Dany lands.

In-universe, only someone who was completely devoid of honour would fail to avenge their father, brother, nephew and niece. Jaime is dead if he ever falls into Dany's hands.

Well the exact point Jaime would make is he did not kill the brother, nephew and niece! And the father deserved to die - no one can deny that, not even Dany when she is faced with the truth.

Dany would burn Jaime alive and accuse him of being a liar, especially if he recalled the night her father viciously raped her mother thus creating Dany after getting turned on by burning people alive.

Yes, I think the same thing. A sane person would understand what Jaime did, even if not forgive it. Dany, however, is far from sane.

Yes, I think the same thing. A sane person would understand what Jaime did, even if not forgive it. Dany, however, is far from sane.

Dany is not crazy. Also, if someone who was supposed to protect your family and instead stabbed your father in the back, would you not want them dead? I know I would. I wouldn't give a single fuck what their reasons were, I'd want my family's killers all dead.

I honestly doubt he would. I don't think that Jaime has ever told that tale to anyone besides Brienne and Ser Illyn.

If he wouldn't explain it to any of these people, why would he tell Dany?

He never told anyone because either he thought they would not care or would not listen.

I do not think it is a matter of Jaime being too stubborn or too proud that he will not tell the truth. He does not do it because no one gives a damn, or so he thinks. And he also does not take things so seriously.

Say he was brought before Dany to answer for his crimes. He would ask her what crimes. She would accuse him of killing her father. Jaime would tell her he deserved it. The conversation would easily unfold from there. It is not hard to picture. If Jaime sensed Dany was not listening or not believing, he might stop the story. But if he had his audience, I do not see why he would not tell her the truth.

Dany is not crazy. Also, if someone who was supposed to protect your family and instead stabbed your father in the back, would you not want them dead? I know I would. I wouldn't give a single fuck what their reasons were, I'd want my family's killers all dead.

Unconditional loyalty depends on the individual. In Dany's case, yes, I do believe she would behave like you say. But that is not justice, it is revenge, and in that lies her insanity.

Jaime saved a lot of lives by killing Aerys. His only crime was oathbreaking. But the mere sight of Jaime would send Dany into a rage - the same cruel and murderous rage she always goes into when she is crossed ("waking the dragon," she calls it, which is the same as her mad brother Viserys called it).

She would probably have him burned alive, or some other torturous slaughter that would prove once and for all she is indeed her father's girl.

Archived