What happens when Jaime lannister meets Dany?

manderin

I think Jaime has always faced up to the duality of what he did.

He did save the city. He would do it again.

But he also did kill the king he was sworn to protect unconditionally. He had devoted his life to that duty, by choice.

I have never seen Jaime to be a man who flinches from hard truths or who needs simple cookie cutter black and white moralism to feel justified. He makes the best choice he can and lives with it, period. I believe he has never told a soul about why he killed Aerys, even if it would excuse him to many because it doesn't excuse him to himself. He knows there are 2 parts to what he did. The part that's about Aerys, and the part that's about him. He owns both like a man, and would regard the 180 some would do if he explained as just as worthy of contempt as he regards their current position based on ignorance and assumptions.

I think the same about pushing Bran. I think he has never shied away from the wrong in what he did, and I believe he would do it again in the same situation. He made his choice with open eyes, and he lives with it. He does not pretend to himself that it wasn't a horrible thing to do, but he did it because the alternative was worse.

He's a lot like the Hound, really. Just that he grew up as a privileged beautiful boy devoted to his sister. But his chore values, his honesty with himself and his contempt for simplistic moralism is almost a carbon copy of Sandor's.

I think he wouldn't explain himself to Dany because her forgiveness or understanding would be meaningless to him, even if they were possible. I think the only people whose understanding would mean anything to him are Rhaegar and maybe Arthur Dayne. He needs something else from his mother.

I agree except for bolded bit, because since losing his hand and becoming disillusioned with Cersei, he has been mentally reverting to the comfort of convention. Felt good hanging outlaws, just like old times when outlaws were outlaws and there was someone definitively a 'baddie' to fight with to protect the realm and common people. He thinks how he wants to get Tommen and Myrcella out of the line of the throne, because it is a lie, I think, and therefore wrong, not because of the other aspects like who'd want their children to be King after seeing what Jaime has of kingship. He also realises his rage at Ned was because Ned's contempt only expressed his own self-contempt over what he'd done.

Anyway, back to OP, I didn't respond because I have been becoming convinced that Jaime will be killed and revived at the BWB and not have much of a role with Dany's invasion, but then I remembered that Dany has a vision of Aerys saying the exact words Jaime says he did, to 'another man' (Jaime), so if he does tell her what happened she is like to believe him. Which gets around this problem:

I think you are right, but Dany has so many false pretences and flase information and to add to that Jamie has only ever told one person about the sacking and the events that followed, i think Dany being the ignorant targ she is would kill him...

I'm pretty sure he just blames him for being associated with it all

he didn't rape tysha or ordered her rape but he was complicit

Woah, Jaime never knew that Tysha was gonna get raped. Also we don't know if Jaime and Tywin were right yet either, she toatly might have been in it for the money.

I see no reason why she shouldn't kill him. He murdered her father, broke a holy oath, to her it won't matter why, only that he killed her father. He also didn't even try to protect her nephew and neice. Whether he knew what Tywin had planned or not he should have checked on them after he killed Aerys. The city was being sacked, people were being killed in the streets, checking to make sure the remaining royal family was safe should have been his priority, and that's how Dany will see it.

I hope she gets him to trust her then stabs him in the back just as he did to her father.

Given all the messed up shit Jamie has done during his life, the ONE thing he's notorious for is putting down a slobbering at the mouth loon who was about to burn down an entire city. Shows what a skewed society Westeros is.

Oh and Dany will kill him if she gets half a chance. She's vindictive and her head is full of nonsense about her crazy ass family, which no one has had the balls to correct her on.

I find that unlikely as Jaime still has to fulfill his role as valonqar.

He will be brought before Dany after he is captured in battle in the second Field of Fire like King Loren was and since she is heir to her father's secrets, he will reveal the reason for killing her father. Tyrion will vouch for him given that he learned from the pyromancers that there are hidden caches of wildfire underneath KL from her father's reign. Tyrion will release Jaime at night, and help him escape to repay Jaime for helping Tyrion escape with his life in KL. That will be the last time they ever see each other, and they have one last moment together as brothers. Tyrion is Dany's betrayal for love.

Tyrion would be redeemed in my eyes if he did that (his ADWD chapters were torture to read). It would be great closure for Jaime and Tyrion as well, despite their past together. :agree: B) Bros before hoes!!!

Also we don't know if Jaime and Tywin were right yet either, she toatly might have been in it for the money.

No, we know for sure that they were wrong in how no matter her motives their actions make them wrong no matter what.

I see no reason why she shouldn't kill him. He murdered her father, broke a holy oath, to her it won't matter why, only that he killed her father. He also didn't even try to protect her nephew and neice. Whether he knew what Tywin had planned or not he should have checked on them after he killed Aerys. The city was being sacked, people were being killed in the streets, checking to make sure the remaining royal family was safe should have been his priority, and that's how Dany will see it.

I hope she gets him to trust her then stabs him in the back just as he did to her father.

It's weird how people think Jamie acted 'dishonorably' when he killed Aerys. So it would have been more 'honorable' if he let him firebomb KL and watch tens of thousands of innocent men women and children be horribly murdered instead? Like I said for once Jamie did the right thing and people hate him for it.

It's weird how people think Jamie acted 'dishonorably' when he killed Aerys. So it would have been more 'honorable' if he let him firebomb KL and watch tens of thousands of innocent men women and children be horribly murdered instead? Like I said for once Jamie did the right thing and people hate him for it.

I'm not saying it was wrong, but he did break the most sacred vow of his faith and his culture.

Whether it was honorable or dishonorable isn't going to matter one bit to Dany, Aerys was her dad. She's going to hate Jaime for it, no matter what she learns about Aerys. Just as Jaime now hates Tyrion for killing Tywin. Just as Cersei further hates Tyrion. It doesn't matter if your dad did something wrong, he's your dad. Dany then grew up thinking she's was running for her life because of assassins. It doesn't matter if that is untrue, it's what she believed. It causes stress and trauma. Dany will not forgive, nor does she have any responsibility to forgive, those that made her life horrible.

Nobody knows about it.

Well, Brienne does now.

I'm not saying it was wrong, but he did break the most sacred vow of his faith and his culture.

Whether it was honorable or dishonorable isn't going to matter one bit to Dany, Aerys was her dad. She's going to hate Jaime for it, no matter what she learns about Aerys. Just as Jaime now hates Tyrion for killing Tywin. Just as Cersei further hates Tyrion. It doesn't matter if your dad did something wrong, he's your dad. Dany then grew up thinking she's was running for her life because of assassins. It doesn't matter if that is untrue, it's what she believed. It causes stress and trauma. Dany will not forgive, nor does she have any responsibility to forgive, those that made her life horrible.

It would've been one thing if Aerys was a rational, sane king; but he was mad and batshit crazy. I think Jaime was justified in what he did. We wouldn't be having this conversation if Aerys was rational and sane. I think that once a king becomes mad/crazy/etc. then vows to the king should be changed. Just like how when you have a contract, and the person becomes crazy/incapacitated/etc. then the contract is rendered void or voidable; the same should apply to the Kingsguard when they take their vows. Basically Aerys should've been dethroned sooner and that oftentimes, morality/doing the right thing should supersede one's vow to a king who is rendered mad.

Does Dany strike you as the kind of person who would forgive someone for murdering her father, failing to protect Elia and her children, and supporting a usurper on the Iron Throne?

There are no tortures known to man that would satisfy Dany if Jaime fell into her hands.

I'm not sure we can show absolute judgement until it does happen (if it happens), but yes, based on the trend of Dany's ''justice'' until now, I would be surprised if Jaime has the time for a single witty line before being toasted by Drogon. Dany can be very vindicative to anything she sees as an enemy, and while she has her doubts she still believes that her father was wrongly usurped, not deposed, and I doubt she will listen to or believe the wildfire story. Especially since her last Dance chapter doesn't exactly end with peace-making ideals on her mind. Dragons plant no trees, after all, and perhaps they do not listen to kingslayers as well.

It would've been one thing if Aerys was a rational, sane king; but he was mad and batshit crazy. I think Jaime was justified in what he did. We wouldn't be having this conversation if Aerys was rational and sane. I think that once a king becomes mad/crazy/etc. then vows to the king should be changed. Just like how when you have a contract, and the person becomes crazy/incapacitated/etc. then the contract is rendered void or voidable; the same should apply to the Kingsguard when they take their vows. Basically Aerys should've been dethroned sooner and that oftentimes, morality/doing the right thing should supersede one's vow to a king who is rendered mad.

I agree he should have been dethroned, but as a member of the LG Jaime should not have been the one to kill him. If Jaime had just taken him prisoner, I'd have no moral issue with it. But he didn't, he killed the man he was sworn to protect. It's like a secret service member killing Obama because they disagree with his policies, or one of the Queen of England's guards killing her because they don't like the way she's ruling. It's not the guards place to pass judgment, but if they detained their charge and handed them over for prosecution, that's ok.

younger, more beautiful queen who takes everything from Cersei.

Wow! Never thought as Dani being the younger, more beautiful queen, rather than Marjorie, who takes eveything away fro Cersei. And if Dani takes Jamie from her too....

But Jamie has to be Cersei's volanquir (sorry about spelling) first. I'm really really looking forward to that.

Archived