What happens when Jaime lannister meets Dany?

manderin

I agree he should have been dethroned, but as a member of the LG Jaime should not have been the one to kill him. If Jaime had just taken him prisoner, I'd have no moral issue with it. But he didn't, he killed the man he was sworn to protect. It's like a secret service member killing Obama because they disagree with his policies, or one of the Queen of England's guards killing her because they don't like the way she's ruling. It's not the guards place to pass judgment, but if they detained their charge and handed them over for prosecution, that's ok.

No, it's like Obama's secret service men killing him because he's about to burn down Washington DC and just roasted his competitor alive inside his armour while the man's son watched.

Bros before hoes!!!

Make sure none of the Dany fans see that

My little brother has known a hundred whores, I'm sure, but I've only ever bedded one.

Jaime saved Tyrion from Queen Cersei's wrath, and after he helped Tyrion escape, Tyrion killed his whore, Shae by strangling her with the Hand's chain. Tyrion will save Jaime from Queen Dany's wrath, and after that he will kill his described whore, Cersei, by strangling her with the Hand's chain.

Ironically,Jaime before losing his hand was exactaly Danny's type.

I think Dany has become the type of person Jaime has by the time he killed Aerys. Jaime was struggling with the different vows: to protect innocent life and serve your king as exemplified by standing by as Aerys burned people with wildfire, yet he couldn't interfere as a member of the KG, and later when Aerys rapes Rhaella when Jaime feels something should be done to help her as they are sworn to protect her too, he is told "Aye, but not from him." Jaime's decision is to take the easy way out, and reject the notions of ethics and honor altogether.

In Dany's last POV in ADwD, she decides to forgo bending over backwards to protect innocent life and compromising in peace, letting Astapor be defeated knowing she can;t right every wrong in the world, but to let her dragons loose, both figuratively and literally, to achieve her own ends. Like Jaime, Dany decides to take the easy way out, and reduce or abandon her concern for innocent life to use her dragons to achieve her own ends.

In Dany's last POV in ADwD, she decides to forgo bending over backwards to protect innocent life and compromising in peace, letting Astapor be defeated knowing she can;t right every wrong in the world, but to let her dragons loose, both figuratively and literally, to achieve her own ends. Like Jaime, Dany decides to take the easy way out, and reduce or abandon her concern for innocent life to use her dragons to achieve her own ends.

I have trouble accepting this.

Yes Dany is going to be darker but it doesn't mean she is going to go batshit crazy and kill innocent people. She is only going to kill people who are her enemies, previously she was sparing her enemies now she won't spare them.

During her time in the Dothraki sea, part of the reason for her change was that she was a mother to thousands so she has to change the way she goes about things, Dany is still going to be against slavery and love little children, but what I believe will change is that she will use her dragons more, and won't spare enemies like she did in Meereen..

Yes Dany is going to be darker but it doesn't mean she is going to go batshit crazy and kill innocent people. She is only going to kill people who are her enemies, previously she was sparing her enemies now she won't spare them.

During her time in the Dothraki sea, part of the reason for her change was that she was a mother to thousands so she has to change the way she goes about things, Dany is still going to be pro against slavery and love little children, but what I believe will change is that she will use her dragons more, and won't spare enemies like she did in Meereen..

Fixed and agree.

Yes, Dany will be darker but it's not going to be because she is going to let go of what she believes in, it's because she will no longer acquiesce to her enemies wishes in order to keep the peace. Now, it'll be "you either free the slaves or you die, good luck with that"

I feel that she is going to be more forceful in protecting her "children"

Fixed and agree.

Yes, Dany will be darker but it's not going to be because she is going to let go of what she believes in, it's because she will no longer acquiesce to her enemies wishes in order to keep the peace. Now, it'll be "you either free the slaves or you die, good luck with that"

I agree and thanks for fixing :p

During her time in the Dothraki sea, part of the reason for her change was that she was a mother to thousands so she has to change the way she goes about things, Dany is still going to be pro slavery and love little children, but what I believe will change is that she will use her dragons more, and won't spare enemies like she did in Meereen..

I never said anywhere in that post she was going to deliberately kill innocent people. There is a difference between losing concern for innocent life and targeting innocent life. I was referring to people caught in the crossfire between her armies and opposing armies.

Enemies is a vague term, lords tend to see the smallfolk of the lords they are fighting against as enemies, and this was not exclusive to Tywin but also to Hoster Tully.

Fixed and agree.

Yes, Dany will be darker but it's not going to be because she is going to let go of what she believes in, it's because she will no longer acquiesce to her enemies wishes in order to keep the piece. Now, it'll be "you either free the slaves or you die, good luck with that"

Peace requires compromise from both sides with both sides having to acquiesce to each other's wishes. While Dany acquiesced to the Yunkai'i's wishes, they also acquiesced to some of her wishes, such as allowing Meereen to be under her control and slavery to be abolished there. As Jon understands: “A fair bargain leaves both sides unhappy, I’ve heard it said.”

“I am the blood of the dragon,” she told the grass, aloud.

Once, the grass whispered back, until you chained your dragons in the dark.

. . .

"I will never have a little girl. I was the Mother of Dragons."

Aye, the grass said, but you turned against your children.

I never said anywhere in that post she was going to deliberately kill innocent people. There is a difference between losing concern for innocent life and targeting innocent life. I was referring to people caught in the crossfire between her armies and opposing armies.

Enemies is a vague term, lords tend to see the smallfolk of the lords they are fighting against as enemies, and this was not exclusive to Tywin but also to Hoster Tully.

Peace, not piece, requires compromise from both sides with both sides having to acquiesce to each other's wishes. While Dany acquiesced to the Yunkai'i's wishes, they also acquiesced to some of her wishes, such as allowing Meereen to be under her control and slavery to be abolished there. As Jon understands: “A fair bargain leaves both sides unhappy, I’ve heard it said.”

. . .

I think MOIF is referring to the freed slaves not the dragons, as in Dany is going to be more forceful to protect them rather than just sue for peace to protect them she will be ready to got to war to protect and provide for her children.

I think MOIF is referring to the freed slaves not the dragons, as in Dany is going to be more forceful to protect them rather than just sue for peace to protect them she will be ready to got to war to protect and provide for her children.

Thanks Audrey, this is exactly what I meant.

Peace, not piece, requires compromise from both sides with both sides having to acquiesce to each other's wishes. While Dany acquiesced to the Yunkai'i's wishes, they also acquiesced to some of her wishes, such as allowing Meereen to be under her control and slavery to be abolished there. As Jon understands: “A fair bargain leaves both sides unhappy, I’ve heard it said.”

. . .

Thanks for correcting me, I had already fixed it before you posted, but that's cool

The problem with the particular compromise we are talking about is that it involves the a persons ability to be free. Now, some might think you should compromise about that for the greater good, but I don't and I was happy to see that by the end of ADWD Dany no longer would compromised when it came to freeing the slaves of Essos. Somethings in life are just not up for discussion.

I know MOIF was referring to the slaves, but now Dany's focus is shifted more to the dragons as her children. It was tough being mother to both dragons and freedmen, with both roles having opposite aspects. Dany has now decided to go full "Mother of Dragons"; that is not to say she has decided to abandon her freedmen. Going to war instead of peace would not be in their best interests at the moment as Septon Meribald said: "It is being common-born that is dangerous when the great lords play their game of thrones." Her people would be the ones suffering the most if she decides to start war again.

Thanks Audrey, this is exactly what I meant.

Thanks for correcting me, I had already fixed it before you posted, but that's cool

The problem with the particular compromise we are talking about is that it involves the a persons ability to be free. Now, some might think you should compromise about that for the greater good, but I don't and I was happy to see that by the end of ADWD Dany no longer would compromised when it came to freeing the slaves of Essos. Somethings in life are just not up for discussion.

No one here disagrees that slavery is an abominable institution, but the treaty wasn't about the existence of slavery in Essos but Dany's dominion over Meereen. The compromise between her and the Yunkai'i left her city safe, and her freedmen would not be harmed. As I said above, restarting the war would endanger her freedmen.

I know MOIF was referring to the slaves, but now Dany's focus is shifted more to the dragons as her children. It was tough being mother to both dragons and freedmen, with both roles having opposite aspects. Dany has now decided to go full "Mother of Dragons"; that is not to say she has decided to abandon her freedmen. Going to war instead of peace would not be in their best interests at the moment as Septon Meribald said: "It is being common-born that is dangerous when the great lords play their game of thrones." Her people would be the ones suffering the most if she decides to start war again.

No one here disagrees that slavery is an abominable institution, but the treaty wasn't about the existence of slavery in Essos but Dany's dominion over Meereen. The compromise between her and the Yunkai'i left her city safe, and her freedmen would not be harmed. As I said above, restarting the war would endanger her freedmen.

And yet, in order to keep the peace she began to allow people to sell themselves, in effect allowing some type of slavery to return as well as allowing the fighting pits to open. From there it's a very slippery slope, I believe now Dany won't make the mistake again, she will end slavery for good.

And yet, in order to keep the peace she began to allow people to sell themselves, in effect allowing some type of slavery to return as well as allowing the fighting pits to open. From there it's a very slippery slope, I believe now Dany won't make the mistake again, she will end slavery for good.

I'm wondering if she'll come to the conclusion that her anti-slavery crusade was a distraction from her real task - winning Westeros.

That's consistent with being ruthless to her enemies and offering freedom to slaves who revolt in her favour. But, it's also consistent with letting her followers pillage and enslave the inhabitants of cities that defy her as she marches and sails Westward. We've seen that slaves in Essos rarely object to slavery per se. They object to their place in the system. If she wants the Dothraki, in particular, to follow her, they'll expect their just reward for risking their lives in battle on her behalf.

There seems to be some confusion about what was stated.

I never said that Jaime felt guilty for what he did to the Mad King or that he ever thought he did the wrong thing. The main object that I'm speaking of is Rhaegar, whom he looked up to greatly. Not the Mad King. And I don't think he'd necessarily be interested in Dany's forgiveness either. I just wonder if he'd be able to face her without having to battle some severe emotions.

Considering how guilty Jaime felt about being unable to save Rhaegar's mother (Queen Rhaella) from a brutal rape at the hands of her own husband, I can only imagine his guilt is greater about letting Rhaegar down- a man who he respected a great deal. I don't think he regrets slaying his father because after all... His father was going to burn the kingdom down which would've Killed Rheagar's family and children anyway along with the rest of the kingdom. But I do think he feels guilty that he was unable to save the rest of Rheagor's family.

After promising Rheagar that he'd protect them (which is after all what he was sworn to do as the king's guard anyway) he never saw The prince again. Which probably made it easier for him to stuff those memories in the background. But what if the prince HAD lived to face Jaime after his wife and children were slaughtered? That was something that Jamie never had to experience. Dany is now all grown up with queen Rhaella's face and Rheagar's eyes and a meeting with her would mean that after all these years of thinking that was a bullet that he dodged- Here is now the eyes of his beloved prince suddenly looking right back at him. As if back from the dead just to proclaim a final judgement on him.

Or is this just me being too poetic?

Barristan hates Jaime, thus why would he vouch for Jaime?

He doesn't like him, you are ight, but even Barristan is having his doubts about what would have been the right thing to do by now.

"In that same cloak he had stood behind the Iron Throne as madness consumed Jaehaery's son Aerys. Stood, ans saw, and heard, and yet did nothing.

But no. That was not fair. He did his duty. Some nights, Ser Barristan wondered if he had not done that duty too well. He had sworn his vows before the eyes of gods and men, he could not in honor go against them … but the keeping of those vows had grown hard in the last years of King Aerys’s reign. He had seen things that it pained him to recall, and more than once he wondered how much of the blood was on his own hands. If he had not gone into Duskendale to rescue Aerys from Lord Darklyn’s dungeons, the king might well have died there as Tywin Lannister sacked the town. Then Prince Rhaegar would have ascended the Iron Throne, mayhaps to heal the realm. Duskendale had been his finest hour, yet the memory tasted bitter on his tongue."

Maybe with time he'll see things not so black and white.

End slavery for good? I don't think she is going east to Qarth, Asshai and other areas were slavery is still practiced, as she is now focused on Westeros. She will free slaves on her way, and likely recruit them but I don't think she will abolish the institution of slavery in general that would take a lot of time, and she wants to use that time to regain her family's throne.

Also people were begging leave to sell themselves in ASoS, before the treaty Dany made with the slavers in ADwD, and that wasn't mentioned as part of the deal.

Back to the main topic, I think Dany might believe Jaime's story given that in the HotU she will remember seeing and hearing a man with Valyrian features in room with dragonskulls, her father in the throne room, saying "Let Robert be king over charred bones and cooked meat." Combined with the evidence Tyrion presents of the hidden caches of wildfire under KL she will at least give Jaime the benefit of a doubt, hard as it may be.

Archived