BOOK SPOILERS - Reduced to tears

Jevans

Yeah, that Bran and Rickon scene was quite surprising. Got me a little glassy-eyed.

I don't know if there's anything in the show that reduced me to tears... Robb's reaction to Ned's death was sad, as was the Red Wedding of course.

Actually wait, I think Maester Luwin's farewell teared me up.

When Arya was stood looking at the Twins on the hill with the Hound just before the killing began - she was so close to her family and then to have it all ripped away was so sad. And then the next episode the poor lass had to see Robbwind - too much!!! Also when she's talking to Beric in the cave asking if they can make her father come back to life. Maisie has had me welling up a few times.

I did not cry, but the more moving scenes for me are:

"I could be your family," Arya Stark, Game of Thrones Season 3, episode 5

(I'm not sure if you are on season three yet, so I will not go into detail) The Red Wedding, it is much different in the book. The person who did not die in the book, dying during the show shocked me and mad me exceptionally sad.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I never really paid much attention to Rickon (for obvious reasons), so when he started unleashing that acting ability it surprised the hell out of me. After the scene was done I was just "Damn..."

Didn't cry, but man... Right in the feels.

Cat talking to Robb's wife about Jon Snow and all that was also kind of a sad moment with great acting. A pretty damn good moment, especially since it was original and not in the books. Also made me like show-Cat.

Cat's voice when talking to Walder Grey at the Red Wedding. So raw and wretched, but still powerful.

Eh, I don't really cry at stuff, but one of my biggest Sad Feels is a proud character getting dragged low, so Jaime's muddy torture at the hands of Locke had me cringing.

Everything everyone's mentioned already hit me right in the feels (especially the Bran/Rickon scene and the Jaime bathtub scene.)

Another scene that always gets me is the Robert/Cersei scene where they talk about their marriage. Robert's line about Lyanna and how "seven kingdoms can't fill the hole she left behind" always gets to me and comes pretty close to turning me away from Rhaegar and Lyanna. And then just hearing about Robert and Cersei's marriage, and how utterly futile everything is ... it's depressing, but in a different kind of way. That was a very moving scene that brought some depth to Robert and Cersei's characters that you don't really see in the books.

Everything everyone's mentioned already hit me right in the feels (especially the Bran/Rickon scene and the Jaime bathtub scene.)

Another scene that always gets me is the Robert/Cersei scene where they talk about their marriage. Robert's line about Lyanna and how "seven kingdoms can't fill the hole she left behind" always gets to me and comes pretty close to turning me away from Rhaegar and Lyanna. And then just hearing about Robert and Cersei's marriage, and how utterly futile everything is ... it's depressing, but in a different kind of way. That was a very moving scene that brought some depth to Robert and Cersei's characters that you don't really see in the books.

That line loses a lot of power when you know Lyanna never loved Robert and he really didn't love her back. She was just something he could never have and he was obsessed with it. Grass is greener mentality. Great acting though.

That scene was great. Rickon's acting came out of nowhere.

One that sticks with me is when Catelyn watches Robb ride back from the Whispering Wood as she sort of cries/laughs with relief and pride. Very well acted, hard to believe he isn't actually her son lol.

When Robb & Cat learn about Ned fate also got to me, and of course the RW too. They consistantly worked off each other really well.

I loved the pathos of the early Ned/Arya scenes too. There are so many others. GoT gives me a lump in my throat more than any other show.

That line loses a lot of power when you know Lyanna never loved Robert and he really didn't love her back. She was just something he could never have and he was obsessed with it. Grass is greener mentality. Great acting though.

That's up to interpretation. I think in the show at least Robert really did love Lyanna.

Bran and Rickon definitely got to me. Robb's reaction to Ned's death was another one, as was Arya leaving Gendry (and Hot Pie, to an extent, no tears though). Arya seeing GreyRobb got me pretty bad too. Cat telling Talisa about Jon kind of got me, although I already disliked Cat enough for it not to be too sad. Next season might bring the return of tears though.

One that sticks with me is when Catelyn watches Robb ride back from the Whispering Wood as she sort of cries/laughs with relief and pride. Very well acted, hard to believe he isn't actually her son lol.

I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to hide their tears at that scene.

Another one that completely tore me up was s3ep10, when everybody's shouting "here comes the king in the north" and Arya has to see the gruesome spectacle of her brother.

I find myself emotional when I actually rewatch some particular episodes.

Archived